Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 08:51:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: USDT Tether Tale 2  (Read 337 times)
zzert1234 (OP)

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 11:06:29 PM
Last edit: September 03, 2017, 08:59:31 PM by zzert1234

I can't believe so many people commented threads on reddit such as this one https://www.reddit.com/r/btc/comments/6xu9g5/25_million_more_tethers_created_welcome_to/
This is such a huge topic that is bizzare that is not discussed wildly. And I have come to realize that we all benefit from it not being discussed broadly. Yes at some point there may be huge crash related to USDT getting seized. But in the mean time it will have helped with adoption and attracting development. It is like it is a necessary evil. People have been centrally managed since we know it, and now a new industry takes the same structure of nature. So be it. If USDT was to crash/seize it would still be a minor event in BTC and crypto's journey to replacing FIAT. Looooong way. Long past mass adoption, possibly wars, intense government interference, legal action , wars.
I concluded all this after being totally baffled as to how many people don't realize or want to talk about this. So bottom line is the same. Enjoy the benefits but help with whatever you can to promote decentralization from central power. Or else crypto will be absorbed into the current system.
Cipherr

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 11:51:58 PM

I don't understand the topic. Nor what I am looking at in that link you posted. Are those Tether transactions? People moving their altcoins and bitcoin to the tether while they ride out the market downturn today?

Sorry Im new and a lot of this is beyond me for now.
xskl0

Activity: 378
Merit: 260

Bitcoin SV is Bitcoin

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 12:33:31 AM

I heard of an altcoin called USD that have no market cap and isn't backed by anything. Anyone know if it is scam?

BUY / SELL bitcoins  --->  https://bit2me.com/?r=ryOV8xZNb
Variogam

Activity: 276
Merit: 254

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 12:47:00 AM

People moving their altcoins and bitcoin to the tether while they ride out the market downturn today?

Probably at the exchanges who using USDT (tether) instead of USD. The problem is when you check the tether site there is mentioning you are not guaranteed to receive USD for each tether you have. To me the tether looks shaddy, thats why I never used it.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: