Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 01:58:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Buying ASICMINER-PT shares - what does "Expires" mean?  (Read 1020 times)
open_sauce (OP)

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 08:44:02 PM

Looking at purchasing shares here.

https://btct.co/security/ASICMINER-PT

Under the buy option there is an "Exires" dropdown with values ranging from "No expiration" to "90 days" with varying costs.

Could someone explain what this means?  Your buy offer expires? the shares expire?

Thanks
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Birdy

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 08:44:57 PM

I think the buy/sell offer expires then, it would make no sense to pay for shares to expire, unless they are bought back then.
But you trade with other people who buy or sell there, so who would buy it back then?
Haven't tested the option though.
open_sauce (OP)

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 08:49:33 PM

Thanks for the response.  So my next question.  Why does it costs me more to have my buy offer expire? Whats the advantage?

No expiration has no fee, and 1 day expiration has 0.05% fee.  Why would I want to pay this for my buy offer to expire? Sorry If I'm being dense but I don't get it.
Birdy

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 08:51:45 PM

Thanks for the response.  So my next question.  Why does it costs me more to have my buy offer expire? Whats the advantage?

No expiration has no fee, and 1 day expiration has 0.05% fee.  Why would I want to pay this for my buy offer to expire? Sorry If I'm being dense but I don't get it.
I've wondered about this, too.
Maybe it's for the comfort of not having to delete the offer yourself.
open_sauce (OP)

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 08:56:16 PM

Ok I went ahead with purchase with no expiration as I wanted t buy immediately at market price.

I've been trying to understand what (if anything) i need to do next.  I've seen posts about having to message friedcat about purchases but I think that may be related to actual company shares and not  PT shares, is that right?
Birdy

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 08:59:49 PM

Ok I went ahead with purchase with no expiration as I wanted t buy immediately at market price.

I've been trying to understand what (if anything) i need to do next.  I've seen posts about having to message friedcat about purchases but I think that may be related to actual company shares and not  PT shares, is that right?
Yes, afaik dividends will go to your btct.co account.
friedcat does only need to be informed, if direct shares change the owner.
(I've just recently bought one Share myself to test this ^^)
open_sauce (OP)

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 09:22:25 PM

Brilliant, thanks for the information.

One more post after this one and I can post in the grown up forums!

Good luck with your investment.
BitCsByBit

Activity: 252

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 03:44:32 AM

Good luck...I'm looking into it as well. There have been massive profits so far.

Tipsy jar: 1HgfLMXiJQj9KZ7abLRh9rWuR7dgeSyub4
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: