Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 05:30:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: julianstantiago's moneypak scam  (Read 3130 times)
Viceroy (OP)

Activity: 924
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 22, 2013, 07:32:17 PM
Last edit: May 23, 2013, 08:23:59 PM by Viceroy

Julian sent first in a ~BTC0.95 transaction where he bought an MP.

Good communication, would trade again.

While what I said is absolutely true, the OP is starting to act shady today.  He came back to me to request a second MP and when I refused to send first he made some excuse about not wanting to make the deal.  This all came on the heels of a conversation where he said to me:

"I just got scammed so I'm a bit iffy. Can you send first this time?"

Which I can understand and I almost felt empathy for him, but I'm still not going to send to a noob "first", because that is INSANE.  

So after he pulled back on my retort that I would not be sending first I realized what was happening.  So I demanded from him in several PM's the identity of the scammer.  Here is what the OP wrote back to me:

Re: (No subject)
« Sent to: Viceroy on: Today at 07:09:25 PM »
« You have forwarded or responded to this message. »

"Why so you can drag it out on the main forums, have admins pull IPs, and make a big shit scene like you people like to do? No thanks."

I think that sentiment alone deserves a scammer tag,  There is simply no reason a person should want to "hide" the identity of a scammer.  

Further the OP stated:

"You, sir, are absolutely incorrect. I'll have you know that I did -1 his trust, but he threatened to get the admins to pull IP's and make a public post about it along with the guy who was doing escrow. I prefer to keep my business dealings private. That's more important to me than the money I was being scammed for.

The fact that without even knowing all the circumstances you jump to calling me a scammer shows how paranoid you are. I suggest you talk to someone."

There is no argument here.  He wants me to believe that revealing his IP address is a problem.  I suspect that the OP is either a CRIMINAL trying to launder money or a straight scammer.  

Unlike the OP I thought it would be GOOD for the community to know this story.

Ok, jules.. it's out in public.  You want to tell me what your reputation should be now?

MODS, please find out who julianstantiago -1'd so we can see if there is any truth to this.

Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Maged
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1015

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 08:30:42 PM

Umm... Just check who he sent feedback on. The link to his feedback given/received is in his profile, and it says who he -1'd.

Viceroy (OP)

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 08:33:11 PM

Sorry boss, I don't see where that is in his profile.  Can you tell me who it is, I'd like to get to the bottom of this with the (phantom) person he "voted down".
Maged
Legendary

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 08:37:13 PM

...and it's gone!

(Pretend the South Park image is here)

He reported that MikeT "Scammed me out of 6 BTC while using escrow by redeeming the moneypaks before I received them"

Viceroy (OP)

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 08:42:20 PM

I just invited Mike T to join us.

Maged
Legendary

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 08:44:42 PM

I have invited John, their escrow, to join us.

Maged
Legendary

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 08:48:21 PM

Im not going to get pulled into this shit. Mod can you please remove my account?
No. People with open accusations against them cannot have their account deleted.

Maged
Legendary

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 08:49:11 PM

Yep, like I thought.  Please label this piece of shit the scammer that he is.

Thanks!
No, there is not yet any evidence of scamming.

Viceroy (OP)

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 08:49:57 PM

Im not going to get pulled into this shit. Mod can you please remove my account?
No. People with open accusations against them cannot have their account deleted.

AWESOME!  Unfortunately I have nothing else to contribute.
* Viceroy breaks out popcorn
MikeT

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 08:50:16 PM

Here is the majority of the conversation after I provided timestamped with amount on each Moneypak with his name written on top.

So, MikeT, suggestions?

Any updates on this? I'm checking this on my phone, and if you guys can't resolve this later I'll request the complete information and evidence from both of you.

Thanks,
John

My bitcoin address is 1EArbAJeWZEst3ZS6H3mBGLcsuNdk7XH7y

I have sent all information to both parties. I will be back around 4pm EST.

http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=61691411067479973975

Here is a video of me attempting to redeem both moneypaks.

Any updates?

The video does not work for me. It's only 0.883 MB - are you sure you captured that correctly? MikeT, can you try redeeming the funds and see what shows up? AFAIK if the funds were spent, it wouldn't state that the code were invalid.

I have called Green Dot and they have confirmed the codes have been redeemed and there is no remaining balance on either card. I can assume the cards worked for you?

I will confirm once I recieve the bitcoin in my wallet. I am so taken back by this. What else can I do? You both have images of MoneyPak card front and back with a picture of the receipt timestamped clearly showing the amount creditted to each card.

Please handle this properly juliansantiago. I don't deserve this.

Can you get the timestamps of the funds being redeemed ? I can only assume that one of you is lying here, and I wish I were around when you guys sent the moneypaks so that I can escrow the moneypak codes too.  Undecided

It's easy for either of you to lie here as a) The funds might be redeemed easily before being sent to the buyer, and b) The funds might be redeemed once the buyer gets the code, while he claims that the codes are DOA.

I'll talk to the admin on this, and possibly make a public thread on this later to analyse the issue.

Thanks,
John

Yes can we make this public, I feel like since I am new I am being taken advantage of. I shouldn't have done such a large amount at once to start off but I felt this was the most secure way off getting the quantity(well half) I am looking for.

I have shown my WoT with plenty of previous history. Even bought/sold using paypal without any issues, this was them sending first.

Please send me a link after you post so I can follow this, either way looks like I'm out $600 now.  

If you recall you wanted to do $1200 worth. I chose to do $600 because you were so new. If I was a scammer would I have asked you to lower the amount? Also you showed me a sealdeal WOT rating. That's not an OTC rating. You're a lying scamming asshole.

See bold.

Where did I say I have OTC rating?
I've sent in an enquiry with the admin to ask him check the IP's and etc.  Undecided Frankly, this is the first time in my 323 escrows that I've been faced with such a case.

John

Thank you. You can see him offering me a "buyout" now correct?

Go fuck yourself. Release the escrow John K

Address to release to is

1EArbAJeWZEst3ZS6H3mBGLcsuNdk7XH7y

Please confirm once release John K.

Funds sent as per agreement: https://blockchain.info/tx/8a89871c20194f48341ff021da4e1f7de11ae75e468d2f399925be298276013a

Thanks,
John

I think it's safe to say we know who redeemed the MoneyPak
MikeT

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 08:52:39 PM

Also this, it's weird how the messages were sent in a 3 way convo, can't really quote it all

So, MikeT, suggestions?

Any updates on this? I'm checking this on my phone, and if you guys can't resolve this later I'll request the complete information and evidence from both of you.

Thanks,
John

My bitcoin address is 1EArbAJeWZEst3ZS6H3mBGLcsuNdk7XH7y

I have sent all information to both parties. I will be back around 4pm EST.

http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=61691411067479973975

Here is a video of me attempting to redeem both moneypaks.

Any updates?

The video does not work for me. It's only 0.883 MB - are you sure you captured that correctly? MikeT, can you try redeeming the funds and see what shows up? AFAIK if the funds were spent, it wouldn't state that the code were invalid.

I have called Green Dot and they have confirmed the codes have been redeemed and there is no remaining balance on either card. I can assume the cards worked for you?

I will confirm once I recieve the bitcoin in my wallet. I am so taken back by this. What else can I do? You both have images of MoneyPak card front and back with a picture of the receipt timestamped clearly showing the amount creditted to each card.

Please handle this properly juliansantiago. I don't deserve this.

Can you get the timestamps of the funds being redeemed ? I can only assume that one of you is lying here, and I wish I were around when you guys sent the moneypaks so that I can escrow the moneypak codes too.  Undecided

It's easy for either of you to lie here as a) The funds might be redeemed easily before being sent to the buyer, and b) The funds might be redeemed once the buyer gets the code, while he claims that the codes are DOA.

I'll talk to the admin on this, and possibly make a public thread on this later to analyse the issue.

Thanks,
John

Yes can we make this public, I feel like since I am new I am being taken advantage of. I shouldn't have done such a large amount at once to start off but I felt this was the most secure way off getting the quantity(well half) I am looking for.

I have shown my WoT with plenty of previous history. Even bought/sold using paypal without any issues, this was them sending first.

Please send me a link after you post so I can follow this, either way looks like I'm out $600 now. 

If you recall you wanted to do $1200 worth. I chose to do $600 because you were so new. If I was a scammer would I have asked you to lower the amount? Also you showed me a sealdeal WOT rating. That's not an OTC rating. You're a lying scamming asshole.

See bold.

Where did I say I have OTC rating?
I've sent in an enquiry with the admin to ask him check the IP's and etc.  Undecided Frankly, this is the first time in my 323 escrows that I've been faced with such a case.

John

You know what, fine. You're obviously going to drag this out as long as you fucking can. How about I let you keep half of the BTC stolen from me?

Now I should give you $600 for 2.5BTC?

Not a chance. I will take my chances hoping the police will actually do their jobs.

Fuck you dude. Fuck you. My financial privacy is more important than this. Scamming piece of shit. Just fucking keep it. You and I both know what this is about. You just fucking scammed me you fuck and you know I don't want to have my IP made public. Feel free dude. Go ahead. keep it. Release the escrow John K
Viceroy (OP)

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 08:56:36 PM

Julian just made a strange post in my reputation thread here:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=212616.msg2249329#msg2249329

I have no idea what that is.

Maged
Legendary

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 08:59:49 PM

Julian just made a strange post in my reputation thread here:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=212616.msg2249329#msg2249329

I have no idea what that is.

He's wiping all of his posts.

Also, I split this from his rep thread and deleted it, moving this to scam accusations.

Viceroy (OP)

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 09:06:15 PM

I think we caught him just in time.  One more scammer caught BEFORE he could act.

fwiw I made $10 off him.

HOORAY ME!

Maged
Legendary

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 09:08:37 PM

I think we caught him just in time.  One more scammer caught BEFORE he could act.

fwiw I made $10 off him.

HOORAY ME!
Well, I honestly don't know. I'd be curious what info comes back from John and possibly Theymos.

Viceroy (OP)

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 09:23:52 PM

I have no idea what to make of his remaining posts.. they appear to be gibberish.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=120812;sa=showPosts

Maged
Legendary

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 09:41:10 PM

I have no idea what to make of his remaining posts.. they appear to be gibberish.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=120812;sa=showPosts
Just in case any of that was important, I'm putting the last forum backup into permanent storage.

Tomatocage
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1222

brb keeping up with the Kardashians

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 11:13:16 PM

Sounds like a scammer to me.

Recommended Exchanges: Binance.com | CelsiusNetwork
GPG ID: 4880D85C | 1% Escrow | 8% IPO/ICO Escrow services Temporarily Closed | Bitcointalk is the ONLY place where I use this name (No Skype/IRC/YIM/AIM/etc) | 13CsmTqGNwvFXb7tD9yFvJcEYCDTB8wQTS | Beware of these SCAM sites! | *Sponsored Link
Maged
Legendary

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 01:09:35 AM

Sounds like a scammer to me.

Well, I honestly don't know. I'd be curious what info comes back from John and possibly Theymos.

John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1226

Away on an extended break

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 01:09:54 AM

Well, according to theymos MikeT a probable alt of foofight (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=195542.0). This is starting to get complex... Undecided
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: