Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 06:25:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: how bitcoin core supporters react to high fees  (Read 468 times)
jonald_fyookball (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 05:53:04 AM

Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 06:33:40 AM

#My Photoshop Skills at work...

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
Emoclaw

Activity: 420
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 08:01:47 AM

Nices memes.

The problem with this is that no person would ever switch to Bitcoin Cash if they want to use cryptocurrency as a currency.
That's because they can't buy anything with it.
TheQuin

Activity: 2576
Merit: 882

Freebitco.in Support https://bit.ly/2I9BVS2

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2017, 08:21:39 AM

The problem with this is that no person would ever switch to Bitcoin Cash if they want to use cryptocurrency as a currency.

It's true that without widespread adoption Bitcoin cash is only a mining proxy and speculation instrument. It's still early days yet and if Bitcoin fees become too high then there is a possibility that people will look for a cheaper alternative. In the end, it is down to customer demand, we the consumers will decide which coin we want to use.

freebitcoin.TO WIN A  LAMBORGHINI!..

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
                    ▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
                    ▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
                    ▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
                    ▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
                      ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
                           ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
                   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Xavofat

Activity: 938
Merit: 559

Did you see that ludicrous display last night?

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 08:39:38 AM

The Bitcoin Cash chain is only handling a trivial amount of transactions per day, which you can see from this chart comparing the two transaction volumes.

Typical Bitcoin Cash transaction volume is about 5,000 to 20,000 transactions per day (apart from a brief spike on August 16th).  Typical BTC transaction volume is about 190,000 to 320,000 transactions per day.  So Bitcoin Cash's transaction volume is entirely trivial in comparison and should not be used to talk about the BTC fees, especially when there doesn't seem to be any correlation between an increase in Bitcoin Cash transaction volume and a decrease in BTC fees.
Emoclaw

Activity: 420
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 11:10:35 AM

It's true that without widespread adoption Bitcoin cash is only a mining proxy and speculation instrument. It's still early days yet and if Bitcoin fees become too high then there is a possibility that people will look for a cheaper alternative. In the end, it is down to customer demand, we the consumers will decide which coin we want to use.

And why would that cheaper alternative be Bitcoin Cash instead of one of the myriad of other cryptocurrencies that probably have even lower fees than Bitcoin Cash and offer significant advantages compared to both coins?
Not only is Bitcoin Cash an altcoin, it's not even the #1 'Bitcoin replacement candidate' when it comes to tech. The only thing it has going for it is that it has Bitcoin in the name.
davis196

Activity: 2982
Merit: 914

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 11:11:18 AM

The Bitcoin Cash chain is only handling a trivial amount of transactions per day, which you can see from this chart comparing the two transaction volumes.

Typical Bitcoin Cash transaction volume is about 5,000 to 20,000 transactions per day (apart from a brief spike on August 16th).  Typical BTC transaction volume is about 190,000 to 320,000 transactions per day.  So Bitcoin Cash's transaction volume is entirely trivial in comparison and should not be used to talk about the BTC fees, especially when there doesn't seem to be any correlation between an increase in Bitcoin Cash transaction volume and a decrease in BTC fees.

Yes,but if more miners join Bitcoin cash, the BCH chain will handle more transactions.
I`m not a bitcoin cash supporter,but in theory this will happen.
Obviously someone is manipulating the bitcoin transaction fees with those spam attacks.
Who is the manipulator?Miners ,core devs,big whales or someone else?I don`t know. Huh

Seansky

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 11:15:08 AM
Last edit: September 03, 2017, 11:47:42 AM by Seansky

Yes,but if more miners join Bitcoin cash, the BCH chain will handle more transactions.
Obviously someone is manipulating the bitcoin transaction fees with those spam attacks.
Who is the manipulator?Miners ,core devs,big whales or someone else?I don`t know. Huh
Miners joining bitcoin cash really plays a big role in this rising fees of bitcoin and someone is manipulating the bitcoin transaction fees with spam attacks. For sure whoever that is, that is someone who holds most if not, a huge percent of bitcoin cash for him/her to do it. If more miners start to mine bch instead of btc, it would be a serious issue because bitcoin transactions would become way more slower than it is now and we will see fees way more higher than what we see now.
hatshepsut93
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 2147

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 11:47:39 AM

And this is why BCH will die soon. Bitcoin is doing great when spam is gone (like today) and as people switch to SegWit transactions and LN being deployed, things will go even better. But lets imagine the doomsday scenario when Bitcoin fees skyrocket to the moon - would people switch to BCH? The answer is no, because there are thousands of altcoins, and many of them are much better than BCH - Monero, Zcash and Dash have privacy, Ethereum has big mining support and smart contracts, tons of other coins offer fees even lower than BCH, LTC has been around almost as long as Bitcoin. BCH doesn't bring any innovation, it's a mindless copypaste created by amateurs.
Basmic

Activity: 406
Merit: 256

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 11:58:42 AM

And this is why BCH will die soon. Bitcoin is doing great when spam is gone (like today) and as people switch to SegWit transactions and LN being deployed, things will go even better. But lets imagine the doomsday scenario when Bitcoin fees skyrocket to the moon - would people switch to BCH? The answer is no, because there are thousands of altcoins, and many of them are much better than BCH - Monero, Zcash and Dash have privacy, Ethereum has big mining support and smart contracts, tons of other coins offer fees even lower than BCH, LTC has been around almost as long as Bitcoin. BCH doesn't bring any innovation, it's a mindless copypaste created by amateurs.
You are absolutely right. Fortunately now there is a lot of competition in the market of crypto currencies and no one can dictate terms. I'm sorry that the miners do not understand. Bitcoin can't remain unchanged. As it develops, new challenges emerge and if them quickly not to resolve to lose the fight with competitors. It will be BCH.
saiscoin

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

The Alt Whisperer

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 12:08:04 PM

I still dont know how bitcoin cash is goign to be used in everyday life. It will teeter out in the future

BillyBobZorton
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 12:14:57 PM

Using Bitcoin as a store of value means that you aren't constantly making transactions. It also means you require the network to stay decentralized.

Bitcoin Trash is mined mostly by "unknown" and Bitmain, and the nodes are all run by some Amazon server. If a lot of people used Bitcoin Cash and it actually managed to fill blocks at 8MB (can't even fit 1MB now ironically) then nobody could run nodes except few people with resources. Eventually due the big blocker mentality the blocksize would go even higher, even if 8MB is already a disaster.

Sorry, nobody is going to use Bitcoin Trash for anything relevant no matter how much Roger Ver and Jihad spam the network.
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 12:17:50 PM

I still dont know how bitcoin cash is goign to be used in everyday life.
No need to wonder about that, because that's simply not going to happen. At some point the entities behind BCC will realize that too, and thus will stop pumping their money into something that has no real purpose. Seriously, it's just an obsolete altcoin with no real benefits, barely any usage (aside from a few speculators and those looking to convert their BCC's into BTC), etc. I have converted all the BCC's in my hot wallets to BTC, but still have a good number of coins sitting in my <2015 cold wallets, but I don't want to move these coins to different addresses just for the purpose of cashing out the BCC's.

It will teeter out in the future
Correct.
Red-Apple

Activity: 1470
Merit: 655

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 12:23:17 PM

@jonald_fyookbal
as someone who clearly has been supporting bitcoin cash i would like to ask the following question:
lets assume bitcoin cash took off and everyone started using it and then a spam attack started and the blocks were always full 8MB. what will BCH do to fix the fee issues then? it is the same as today. will you do another hard fork and increase the block size again to 9 MB? or 16 MB this time?

also with 144 per day and with 8 MB the blockchain grows 1152 MB per day and that is 34.5 GB per month and 420.5 GB a year.
do you think people running nodes today will continue running it when the total blockchain size is 420+140= 560 GB

what about when you increased the block size again to 16 GB? will they run nodes the nearly 1 TB blockchain?

--signature space for rent; sent PM--
Xavofat

Activity: 938
Merit: 559

Did you see that ludicrous display last night?

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 08:23:32 PM

lets assume bitcoin cash took off and everyone started using it and then a spam attack started and the blocks were always full 8MB. what will BCH do to fix the fee issues then?
It's important to note that spamming 8MB blocks requires a lot more money than spamming 1MB blocks unless you're a group of miners which collect almost all of the fees.  Once you fill the blocks, you'd need to pay eight times the amount of fees that you do for 1MB blocks to keep above the market and keep it inconvenient for people.  

In general, I'd say Bitcoin Cash would be happy to raise the block size fairly often, since that's the main premise of the fork.

You need to understand the difference between capacity and usage.  Bitcoin Cash can handle high transaction volume but does not currently have a high transaction volume.  More miners would not change the transactions that users send.
Bitcoin Cash is mined mostly by "unknown" and Bitmain
It is mostly mined by "unknown" but BITMAIN doesn't openly mine it.  You could argue that they do so with their own machines, but there is no evidence behind this nor even strong reasoning.
and the nodes are all run by some Amazon server.
You are incorrect.
kevpantof

Activity: 491
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 05:02:25 AM

Nobody is interested to use bitcoin cash. At the end of the year it will become a faded coin
I think there is no need for bitcoin cash as this guy mentioned. Because it will also the same effect as the local one. Then who will control over it. If bitcoin started cash then I will prefer to my local currency, because if I accept bitcoin as a legal crypto digital currency the reason is that it will help me to buy anything in the world without any exchanging. Otherwise I will never inverts in bitcoin. Bitcoin cash it is a bulls hit.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: