Bitcoin Forum
July 18, 2024, 11:36:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 1st ICO...Need help  (Read 570 times)
FrenchBTC (OP)

Activity: 104
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 01:01:52 PM

Hello ,

Sorry but I have a question regarding the 1st ICO I would like to invest in :

http://vibehub.io/ico/

I have a Ledger Nano S and just bought and sent to it ETH to participate for the ICO.
Regarding what is written on the website of VibeHub :

"- You MUST send ETH funds from your personal Ethereum wallets like MyEtherWallet, Metamask, Parity, Mist or Ledger (hardware wallet).
  - PLEASE DO NOT send funds from exchanges like Coinbase, Poloniex, Bittrex, etc.
  - VIBE EXCHANGE TOKENS (VIBEX) will be sent immediately to the wallet from which the ETH was sent.
   - After the Token Sale you will be able to exchange VIBE EXCHANGE TOKENS (VIBEX) for VIBE coins (VIBE). At the provide smart contract address."

My question is :

Do I have to send ETH directly using "Ledger Wallet Etherium" or do I have to use MyEtherWallet Huh

Indeed VibeHub website indicates (1st sentence) I can use Ledger...
But on the Ledger website there's this link :

http://support.ledgerwallet.com/knowledge_base/topics/which-altcoins-are-supported-by-the-nano-s-and-the-blue

and here apparently I need something more...(MyEtherWallet)...

A little bit confused...

Thanks for your help

Hello ! Would like to learn more about BTC...
DRVX

Activity: 966
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 06:46:29 PM

Just send via MyEtherWallet and there will be no problem.
I don't see problem in you matter. I mean what exactly you don't understand?

Anyway again - MyEtherWallet will work at this ICO. It is the most popular wallet.
bosses

Activity: 322
Merit: 100

The All-in-One Cryptocurrency Exchange

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 06:57:27 PM

I can advise you better to choose ICO. I hear about the first time Vibehub

「   B e a x y   」   THE ALL-IN-ONE CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE
[ WHITEPAPER ]               Instant Deposit                   24/7 Support                    Referral Program               [ LIGHTPAPER ]
ANN THREAD     ●     BOUNTY THREAD     ●     FACEBOOK     ●     TWITTER     ●     TELEGRAM
FrenchBTC (OP)

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 07:03:26 PM

Hi and thanks for your answers,

For DRVX :
- in fact i'm afraid of losing ETH if I send them directly from the Ledger Nano S by using the "Ledger Wallet Ethereum" chrome application because as the Ledger has only Ethereum and Bitcoin wallets, I'm not sure if I'll receive the VIBEX tokens...So is there any pb or do I have to send the ETH by connecting the Ledger Nano S device on Myetherwallet website (with browser on as described)...?

For bosses : thanks but I like the project. Of course small amount for this one, just a start...

GazorpPozorpec

Activity: 294
Merit: 101

Lead generation one-stop shop platform powered AI

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 07:04:02 PM

My advice to you - don't start Cheesy Better to buy tokens after ICO on the stock exchange because all tokens are losing their value because of start-up bonus even the most successful.

╔◎      TwitterBounty ┃   [WHITEPAPER]MediumFacebook      ◎╗
╠══════════◎════◎════◎    LeadRex    ◎════◎════◎═══════════╣
╚◎       RedditTelegram[ANN Thread]YoutubeLinkedin       ◎╝
TraderPhil

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 08:24:01 PM

Hi!
I would use a Hardware ledger to store ETH safely, and nothing more to keep it simple.

Simplest way is to create a wallet on myetherwallet and send the exact amount of ether you want to invest in the ICO to this wallet.
Then you have separated your "investment budget" and your other ether.

After that send the ether from your myetherwallet to the ICO address.

That's how I would do this. For sure there are more possibilities.
DigitalLemming

Activity: 266
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 08:25:07 PM

Your fine using myetherwallet or your ledger. I would probably use myetherwallet before you ledger.
SonyEricSon

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 08:26:18 PM

If you want to invest in ICO number 1, you should invest in ENIGMA CATALYST, he is the number 1 ICO of this month,
I think Aventus is also a good ICO, you can choose from one that I recommend

FrenchBTC (OP)

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 08:41:00 PM

Hi,

I think I finally understood how it works and did participate at the ICO suceessfully as I have already my VIBEX tokens...
So just for information :
I think I could have used directly the Ledger Nano S with the chrome "Ledger Wallet Ethereum" app to send my ETH to the ICO adress.

Using the Ledger Nano S with myetherwallet allows you to see all the ETH ERC20 tokens you have on every ETH wallet on your Ledger Nano S so you can  check whether you have them or not and later send them if neccesary...

Specially for SonyEricson : really strange because to be honest in fact I'm on Enigma too for sure and for a lot more ETH...It's just that I wanted to start with the 1st which interested me even if it's really more risky... Just hope that for Enigma it will not end up more like Sony than Ericson :-)... (bad start with the hacking that occured and 500k loss even if they gave the funds back to people who lost money)

dishwashingunit01

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 10:56:30 PM

just give MEW a try. it's fantastic.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: