Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 07:34:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Mining using GTX 1070  (Read 1807 times)
MadGamer (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1031

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 02:29:09 PM

I'm new to all this, so go easy with me. I searched a little bit and ended up making the decision of mining using 6 GPUs (Nvidia GTX 1070). The electricity cost in my country is like 0.05$/kw (If not lower) and planning to go with Ethereum.

1. Should I switch to another crypto currency?
2. What should I understand before starting to mine
3. I'm going to follow this . How bad/good are the instructions and information's there?
4. Solo or pools mining?
5. How much hash power I'm going to generate? 180 Mh/s?
6. Is this accurate?
kollom

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 04:52:06 PM

to start use NiceHash.
this is ideal for beginners.
Jdope

Activity: 747
Merit: 502

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 05:03:05 PM

Eth is probably not the best currency to mine nowadays, you should check out zcash, lbry or hush. I skimmed through the article, the instructions seem fine, just install windows directly, i don't see any reason to install ethos first. Also you're probably going to get 180 with a little overclocking maybe even more but that calculator is a bit off, use other calculators and average them out. Pools are definitely the way to go
weonstyle

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 05:09:08 PM

can GTX 1070 mining dash?
MTHOZ

Activity: 58

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 05:22:48 PM

It can mine Dash(x11 algo) but its not going to be profitable  to mine with  graphics cards. If you want to mine dash you need to go for asic miner you can get x11 asic miners from bitmain , ibelink,innosilicon  and baikal .

▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬
● PLINKO  (+) ROULETTE ║ BITVEST ║ |7| SLOTS    ▼ BIT SPIN (https://bitvest.io/)
▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬
makomako

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

altcom Aa4DWXQjrcEA8gPBLkx6t9VgCuWoCo1myE

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 05:35:39 PM

I'm new to all this, so go easy with me. I searched a little bit and ended up making the decision of mining using 6 GPUs (Nvidia GTX 1070). The electricity cost in my country is like 0.05$/kw (If not lower) and planning to go with Ethereum.

1. Should I switch to another crypto currency?
2. What should I understand before starting to mine
3. I'm going to follow this . How bad/good are the instructions and information's there?
4. Solo or pools mining?
5. How much hash power I'm going to generate? 180 Mh/s?
6. Is this accurate?

I suggest you check whattomine.com first, right now the most profitable coin to mine for 1070s is equihash and also do a little research on every coin you mine make sure you believe that these coin will go skyrocket else you can just mine to nicehash and liquidate it to BTC > local currency for faster roi

kollom

Activity: 77

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 06:10:30 PM

check whattomine.com first
Yep, and he see Ethereum mining on 1060 or AMD card.
1070 - zec or lbry

QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 08:26:38 PM

DASH hasn't been GPU mineable for a profit for a year or so, since shortly after Pinidea IBelink and Baikal started selling ASIC miners for X11 last spring.

ETH on the 1070 - varies, but the last few weeks it's usually been inferior to ZEC among others on profitability.

Nicehash is usually somewhere near but not AT the top on those cards.

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
bdog1234

Activity: 132

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 08:44:44 PM

I have two rigs identical to what you are building - same cards. I built them both in the last week. I am seeing 183 MH.

I would not fool with windows. Use nvOC. It is free and there is a thread about it in this forum. I am a newbie to this and it was easy to setup. You don't even need a hard drive it runs off of a USB thumb drive. I downloaded the v19, entered my BTC address and was up and running in no time.
CjMapope
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1092

~Full-Time Minter since 2016~

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2017, 09:25:16 PM

I have two rigs identical to what you are building - same cards. I built them both in the last week. I am seeing 183 MH.

I would not fool with windows. Use nvOC. It is free and there is a thread about it in this forum. I am a newbie to this and it was easy to setup. You don't even need a hard drive it runs off of a USB thumb drive. I downloaded the v19, entered my BTC address and was up and running in no time.

NvOc is great, if all your cards are the EXACT same ;p  in my situation i have all sorts as quantity limits put me in that position, SO:
I can't use NvOc as it dosent have individual OC settings per card (last i checked)

@OP read this board (mining:altcoins) , honestly like ALL your questions are answered in the first 5 pages of threads Smiley
Solo mining requires alot of hash, 1070's are good for many algos, LBRY, equihash, Nist5 lately looks profitable, watch Neoscrypt for rises in profits too sometimes
ya about 170mh/s eth or so, but really, unless your speculating, Nvidia has more profitable algos usually
Good Luck! Welcome to the legal.money.printer revolution Cheesy

~Got this girl in my bed, a roof over my head, i mint a couple coins a week, and thats how i make bread~
~On the 12th day of Hatzvah, OGminer said to me: "compute root of the merkle hash tree!"~
Prohashing  -- Simply the best Multipool!
ZenFr
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1046

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 09:46:40 PM

NVidia GTX1070 can mine every cryptocurrencies : only AMD GPUs cannot mine some.

For really new beginners, you can use Minergate.
After Minergate, Nicehash is better but more complex : it is still a lot easy than direct mining.
If you have time to learn, you can use specifics mining softwares : CCMiner TPruvo, Claymore's dual miner...
weonstyle

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 01:40:26 AM

NVidia GTX1070 can mine every cryptocurrencies : only AMD GPUs cannot mine some.

For really new beginners, you can use Minergate.
After Minergate, Nicehash is better but more complex : it is still a lot easy than direct mining.
If you have time to learn, you can use specifics mining softwares : CCMiner TPruvo, Claymore's dual miner...
does the internet speed affect to mining?
leowonderful
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1129

Bitcoin FTW!

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 01:42:29 AM

Lol what is this bullshit? Unless there's some new coin called CUDAcoin that only allows Nvidia gpus to mine on the chain, all AMD GPUs can mine the same algos that Nvidia GPUs can mine on. The only real difference is efficiency and hashpower. The 1070 can mine dash but X11 ASICs far outperform them. Nicehash is your best bet for the most profit as it switches algos for maximum profit with a small fee.
bdog1234

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 01:56:20 AM

NvOc is great, if all your cards are the EXACT same ;p  in my situation i have all sorts as quantity limits put me in that position, SO:
I can't use NvOc as it dosent have individual OC settings per card (last i checked)

It is by far easier if they are all the same but you can manually configure them.
ardentvolcanoes

Activity: 1036
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 02:00:33 AM

to start use NiceHash.
this is ideal for beginners.

this one will give some ideas how much gain you will going to get when you start from the start and after that you will be able to find more profitable coins
I think nicehash is the very useful tools for us who just wanted to run our rig without doing any difficult codes but time will give us more ideas so good luck.
QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 07:15:55 PM

Any currency that can be mined by the GTX 1070 can also be mined by AMD GPUs - the question is "which is more efficient".

AMD wins some easily, NVidia wins some others easily, a few are very close depending on the specific card model and sometimes even on the specific settings each card can handle reliably.

Speed of internet isn't a significant factor in cryptocoin mining - RELABILITY is a major factor, and lag is a minor one.

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
bdog1234

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 09:05:31 PM

My miner with six cards has been on 2 days and 18 hours. During that time it received 51.9mb and sent 55.8 mb. The volume of data is not large but it needs to be a steady connection as the computer is constantly communicating with the servers to get new data to crunch and send back the results.
sexycoin69

Activity: 175

Hoqu.io – Decentralized Affiliate platform

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 04:45:50 AM

i have only 2 1070's right now, overclocked i get about 31-32mh/s for eth each. As of the moment I prefer to watch what to mine, mine that sell it for BTC then buy whatever I want...

for example, eth estimated profit for me is around $2.83 at the moment per day, the top mining coin is around $4.40. Mine the most profitable you can sell it for eth anyways. Just make sure you keep up to date as the most profitabes fluctuate a lot. I think there is a mining pool that auto sells to btc?

bdog1234

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 06:29:02 AM

Yes nicehash selects the best paying coin and mines that and pays you in BTC. Lots of fees though. If you are the type that is checking and adjusting daily you could do better choosing coins yourself but if you just want to set it and forget it nicehash isn't a bad choice. My son runs it in his gaming computer with two 1070's. On my dedicated mining rigs I jump around manually.
abudfv2008

Activity: 728
Merit: 106

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 06:39:39 AM

It is not true. Xevan algo doesn't exist for nvidia yet.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: