Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 01:43:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Transferring BTC balance from Cex.io to Blockchain wallet.  (Read 1899 times)
Captain_Planet (OP)

Activity: 448
Merit: 102

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 03:07:53 PM

Please help me out! I am a noob.

Q. If I purchase BTC through Visa Card in my Cex.io account, will they allow me to transfer my BTC amount in my Blockchain.info wallet?

Also let me know if thr is any-other safe place to purchase BTC from Visa Card.

Thank you for your replies.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
AdolfinWolf
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1427

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 04:31:17 PM

Q. If I purchase BTC through Visa Card in my Cex.io account, will they allow me to transfer my BTC amount in my Blockchain.info wallet?

Thank you for your replies.

Cex.io looks like a regular exchange to me, so yes that should be possible. Although i wouldn't recommend using Cex.io nor would  i recommend blockchain.info

I've never heard about Cex.io, but i'm sure you know they're legit. Blockchain.info had some issues with their wallets in the past, and with them you don't really control your private keys. ( neither do they. ).

Try to use Coinbase.com to buy BTC from, and use a hardware wallet like electrum to store it on.

odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4298
Merit: 3214

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 04:54:05 PM

1. Get an address from you blockchain.info wallet from the "Request" tab.
2. Find the "Send" feature in your cex.io account. Sorry, I've never used it, so I don't know details.
3. Enter the address you got from your blockchain.info wallet and the amount, and send.
4. The bitcoins will be sent to your blockchain.info wallet.

Cex.io is probably safe for buying BTC with a credit card, but no exchange or other custodial wallet service (such as cex.io or coinbase) should be considered safe for holding funds. Those types of sites have a long history of losing or stealing customer funds. Blockchain.info is different, but wallets accessed through a website have additional security risks.

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
A1exander

Activity: 336
Merit: 102

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 05:52:22 PM

Yes, it's definitely possible to buy bitcoins using a card at Cex.io and then transfer them to your own wallet.I did exactly this a week days ago. I use Electrum, not Blockchain.info, but it should not matter. Cex.io charges 0.001 BTC for withdrawal.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: