Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 08:05:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: If bitcoin has enemy (except altcoin) what is it?  (Read 3153 times)
Skieleton

Activity: 686
Merit: 282

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 11:13:59 PM

Banks, offices and attempts to block cryptocurrency. Bitcoin can not be controlled, it is uncomfortable.
Omega Weapon

Activity: 1092
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 12:25:21 AM

You can tell me anything what's bitcoin worst enemy is...

Mine is, government!
Bankers are the real threat, bitcoin in itself is not a threat to any government, the threat of bitcoin is against banks and their interests, so it makes sense they are the ones that are going to make the greatest efforts to stop bitcoin, they have tried to stop bitcoin adoption by canceling the accounts of some exchanges but it seems they are going to use their greatest puppets, the media and governments.
shimbark123

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 12:34:46 AM

Think of the worst thing as possible. The greatest enemy of bitcoin for me (except for alternative coins) is FUDS and Dramas. If you can notice, dramas hinders the growth of bitcoin. The fork, china banning ICO'S hinders bitcoins growth. Also FUDS "that bitcoin will no longer exists in the future." And people believes in that and it'll make them sell their bitcoins.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
unbotak

Activity: 686
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 12:40:53 AM

Think of the worst thing as possible. The greatest enemy of bitcoin for me (except for alternative coins) is FUDS and Dramas. If you can notice, dramas hinders the growth of bitcoin. The fork, china banning ICO'S hinders bitcoins growth. Also FUDS "that bitcoin will no longer exists in the future." And people believes in that and it'll make them sell their bitcoins.

I consider altcoin only as a competitor, hacker acts as an antagonist/protagonist, and the drama you mean also has a great effect on bitcoin fluctuations. But one obvious enemy is the government that explicitly prohibits the use of bitcoins. Same thing they declared war on bitcoin.
0t3p0t

Activity: 1596
Merit: 357

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2017, 12:55:00 AM

Mine is, government!
For me to be fair it is the fiat money which is controlled by the government. Since this battle of assets is not that new but I don't think we call it enemies maybe competitors or rivals and they are in different technology too. The only difference of the two assets is that fiat money is centralized and Bitcoin as decentralized. Governments has control over centralized assets thats why they see a potential  threat from these decentralized cryptocurrencies to it's local fiat currency.  And they can also see in an angle that cryptocurrencies can be used to fund terrorists, launder money, evade tax, transact drugs  and any illegal related activities. So therefore, I think  they have to regulate exchanges to monitor our every transactions or they can even reject cryptocurrencies in a specific country.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
DoublerHunter

Activity: 2590
Merit: 644

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 05:11:38 AM

The only enemy that i see except altcoin is the government. We all know that government is one of the most top hater of bitcoin because they are afraid of decentralization because they will not be able to control their people in terms of money and its usage so they are trying to do things that can minimize the risk of decentralization like regulation and so on.
Cipherr

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 05:14:46 AM

From what I can tell on other message boards and reddit? BCC.... For some reason in many of the forums/reddit/discussion areas that discuss BCC, theres a lot of hatred for Bitcoin. Im still new and trying to understand, but there's apparently some bad blood there.
erickkyut

Activity: 1176
Merit: 509

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 05:15:42 AM

If Bitcoin has enemy except altcoins I think it is the government. They are very vocal that they donnot support Bitcoin and they told the people to avoid investing on it. One of the best example is the givernment of China banning the ICO. They are against Bitcoin because they have no control over it and they cannot get taxes from it.
minthit

Activity: 327
Merit: 11

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 05:16:50 AM

Mine is, government!
Let's put aside government. It's obviously the bankers, isn't it?
drwhobox

Activity: 756
Merit: 133

- hello doctor who box

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 05:28:32 AM

Mine is, government!
the biggest threats to Bitcoin are
1.Community (they do control the price of Bitcoin on the market)
2.Banks they may put Bitcoin onto an end to a specific country/place
3.Goverment- well same as number 2 they may end/ban Bitcoin to users in thier area. (Wich may result of low users = low demand = low value
patz22

Activity: 1176
Merit: 104

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 05:37:11 AM

The 1st thing that comes on my mind is also the GOVERNMENT since they cannot manipulate bitcoin in a way that they can control the currency that they have in every country. Bitcoin helps us a lot in different ways investments,trading etc. and actually it is not the government it is the the corrupt officials who runs the government.
Zocadas

Activity: 909
Merit: 508

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 05:50:24 AM

If we would believe lates fake news, it would be China ( was told to have banned Bitcoin exchangers but they don't know anything about)
But in serious: Satoshis architecture of Bitcoin is so great and innovative, that governments can't take influence.
I would say the enemies of bitcoin are the fees and taxes.
nkarm1

Activity: 306
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 06:14:39 AM

First I would not include altcoins because they are the one making a good competition. And for me, the worst enemy of bitcoin are the scammers. Because of them the government is being alerted which is turning out to another big problems like what is happening today. Market is on a bearing position, and most users are on panic mode because of fear.
Zocadas

Activity: 909
Merit: 508

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 06:30:23 AM

First I would not include altcoins because they are the one making a good competition. And for me, the worst enemy of bitcoin are the scammers. Because of them the government is being alerted which is turning out to another big problems like what is happening today. Market is on a bearing position, and most users are on panic mode because of fear.
No, it is just a little break. Bitcoin is still bullish. Look back a few months where Bitcoin was on 900$. Panic would look different. BTC would pull back to 1000$ and less.
BeGoods
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1008

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 11:46:34 AM

Mine is, government!
Bankers are the real threat, bitcoin in itself is not a threat to any government, the threat of bitcoin is against banks and their interests, so it makes sense they are the ones that are going to make the greatest efforts to stop bitcoin, they have tried to stop bitcoin adoption by canceling the accounts of some exchanges but it seems they are going to use their greatest puppets, the media and governments.
that is not true, i heard that there are several banks in different countries who are ready to adopt the system from bitcoin or receive bitcoin as an option, I do not see banks putting a threat on bitcoin, even I doubt some of the central bank officials know about bitcoin lol. for now it seems the only threat is from governments that are reluctant to legalize bitcoin

mornabo

Activity: 1148
Merit: 504

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 12:21:18 PM

Mine is, government!
I think the bitcoin opponent is not from the bank, because the bank has no authority whatsoever to ban bitcoin, I think bitcoin poses a threat to the government of course because the decentralization and anonymous of bitcoin make the government afraid when all the people in their country use bitcoin, actually who want to stop bitcoin development is government #imo
ecnalubma

Activity: 1526
Merit: 420

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 12:33:51 PM

I believe the biggest threat to bitcoin is the government and the manipulators. Bitcoins relationship to the government is very fragile and the government treat cryptos as assets of criminals. Cryptocurrency could crash anytime soon if shit happens, its not a safe haven for everyone. The one who owns a lot controls the most.
xdev

Activity: 59
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 03:24:08 PM

Bitcoins biggest enemy isn't the banks IMO. Its governments and corporations wanting to control the Internet. Bitcoin doesn't threat the elite as much as an open internet does. On the internet you can discuss and do anything you want, you can even make anonymous untracable transactions with the help of cryptocurrency. Making sure the internet is no longer as open as it is today by inflicting surveillance and censorship would probably spell the end of Blockchain technology. Maybe the tech will live on, but the whole purpose of Blockchain and Bitcoin is to give more freedom and power to the people, if that was to be controlled and centralized alot of people would give up on the tech and move on to something new
CryptoBry

Activity: 1008
Merit: 355

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 03:34:01 PM

You can tell me anything what's bitcoin worst enemy is...Mine is, government!

Yes, the recent developments in the cryptocurrency world coming from the powerful and sometimes rogue China has proven that you can be correct! It is the government...the government of China which is the number one and the most feared enemy of Bitcoin and the whole of cryptocurrency.

China is that bully buy blocking your way while going to school and as a bully boy he can hit you with his big punches that can send you to the emergency room right away. What a bully!
Omega Weapon

Activity: 1092
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 02:49:45 AM

Mine is, government!
I think the bitcoin opponent is not from the bank, because the bank has no authority whatsoever to ban bitcoin, I think bitcoin poses a threat to the government of course because the decentralization and anonymous of bitcoin make the government afraid when all the people in their country use bitcoin, actually who want to stop bitcoin development is government #imo

But many politicians are easily bought and then banks can use them to approve any law they want, this has happened in the past and it is obvious it is going to happen again, this is why bitcoin is needed on the first place, to take away some of the power from the banks but they are not going to go down without a fight so when bitcoin begins to be used by a lot more people I think we are going to see an escalation of the war against bitcoin.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: