Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 01:20:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: If bitcoin has enemy (except altcoin) what is it?  (Read 3153 times)
Harrisonimo

Activity: 490
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 06:35:48 PM

Well, aside other enemies bitcoin might be having aside d altcoins, we can have the government of  the country vieing against it. A friend did say, as long as government isn't able to monitor the earnings of bitcoin through taxation then they will continue to pose as a threat to bitcoin in the different countries. So, the government is a body and can be convinced if taxation with bitcoin is introduced but can be a killer if there is a threat.
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
AdamCooper

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 06:46:09 PM

I agree that it is the banks that don't like Bitcoin. Unless it gets regulated and/or the banks get hold of their own blockchains. Then they may rely on it.

Everyday I'm HODLing.
dmamigo

Activity: 1232
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 07:05:39 PM

Other than altcoins, basically it will be any financial body of governments, such as Bank and other regulating bodies. Also the users who panic a lot is also a kind of enemy as well, and also the people who still haven't understood the capability of Bitcoin and talk trash, I am talking about peoples who have influence over others.
Pettuh4

Activity: 812
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 09:27:52 PM

I think bitcoins enemies apart from Altcoins will be the people pushing for centralization or are hoping to regulate it and panic sellers in my opinion. These are the true enemies of Bitcoin because their actions often results in a tumble in bitcoins prices.
szpalata

Activity: 686
Merit: 253

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 01:31:47 AM

Other than altcoins, basically it will be any financial body of governments, such as Bank and other regulating bodies. Also the users who panic a lot is also a kind of enemy as well, and also the people who still haven't understood the capability of Bitcoin and talk trash, I am talking about peoples who have influence over others.

Panic sellers I think are responsible for the instability of Bitcoin and it is their lack of understanding and nativity that makes them sell when the prices take a tumble. Their actions often results in price fluctuations .
MiF

Activity: 1358
Merit: 258

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 01:42:39 AM

You can tell me anything what's bitcoin worst enemy is...

Mine is, government!

Bitcoin enemy are those against bitcoin progress like China's threat of banning bitcoin, altcoiN and ICO. Then here also JP Morgan who is always attacking and criticizing bitcoin thru media. Then by these situations im afraid every government of all nation will be affected and may influence by these critics who only think of themselves not the very good welfare of the people.

.SWG.io.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
CONFIRMED

bamboylee

Activity: 1148
Merit: 504

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 01:43:09 AM

It would be the whales controlling the price of bitcoin by spreading fud to bring the price down or hype to bring the price down, whichever fits their needs. Bitcoin is very volatile because of them.
Fuhre

Activity: 644
Merit: 107

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 03:03:57 AM

the biggest enemy of bitcoin in my opinion is the bank, because banks are under the government restrictions. The government can ban bitcoin anytime in our country. For example is the country of China, but behind it all there will be something good.
KramOlegna

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 03:13:41 AM

Mine is, government!

I think bitcoin's worst enemy is the Internet. If you shutdown the Internet it will kill the bitcoin  Grin

But the worst enemy of the Government and banks is Bitcoin  Grin
bololord

Activity: 420
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 04:09:07 AM

Mine is, government!
I think altcoin  is friend of bitcoin becuase altcoin is a way to trade some coins in bitcoin so thats why the value of bitcoin totally increasing but the enemy of bitcoin is goverment becuase many goverment banning the bitcoin.
josephpogi

Activity: 434
Merit: 168

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 04:13:36 AM

Mine is, government!
I think altcoin  is friend of bitcoin becuase altcoin is a way to trade some coins in bitcoin so thats why the value of bitcoin totally increasing but the enemy of bitcoin is goverment becuase many goverment banning the bitcoin.
I agree with you because of many altcoins the value of bitcoin is became strong and high and yes many goverment ban the bitcoin bevuase they did not control the bitcoin so thats why they illegalized the bitcoin in their country.
btcney

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 06:35:03 AM

Mine is, government!

I'd agree with you on government. Recently we've seen the Chinese government come out with some pretty strict regulations that are killing the bitcoin exchange market in China(of course, everything can be done on localbitcoins instead).

Another huge one is ignorance of the problem of centralization in the general population.

They don't seem to know what bitcoin is all about or why it is so necessary. To achieve mass adoption, we need to raise awareness first.
Tumanggor

Activity: 1050
Merit: 109

1xBit.. recovered their reputation

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2017, 06:37:29 AM

the government and the bankers, I think these two are bitcoin enemies and sooner or later they will be aggressively attacking Bitcoin and the community ..

romero121
Legendary

Activity: 3164
Merit: 1213

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 06:43:22 AM

It would be the whales controlling the price of bitcoin by spreading fud to bring the price down or hype to bring the price down, whichever fits their needs. Bitcoin is very volatile because of them.
At times bitcoin seems fluctuating in a much larger scale. This too can't be predicted as an outcome from the whales, because price has begun to grow with regards to the adoption level along with circulation. So, very rarely the price manipulation is done by the whales who hold large sum of bitcoins.
maokoto

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

✪ NEXCHANGE | BTC, LTC, ETH & DOGE ✪

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2017, 06:49:55 AM

Government/bankers can be a hard enemy for it going mainstream, as BTC will steal much power from them in the form of control and taxes.

But I think crime and illicit activities also is. It is true that you can do bad things with fiat too... but if Bitcoin is a first choice for criminals that will make the public have it in a very negative light.

carllpet

Activity: 83
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 06:54:05 AM

It is visible that governments have difficulty with bitcoins. So they surely are one enemy. Others are money launders, drug sellers and terrorists if they are using bitcoin.
Ctn

Activity: 644
Merit: 259

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 08:25:14 AM

Mine is, government!

Very interesting question you have asked here. Well, according to me I will think of those users who get panicked in the situation of bitcoin bad news and make the situation even worst than before. Lols. Yes they are the real enemy according to me because they make I very unstable currency and fluctuate it very much quickly than anything in this world. If they would keep the faith in bitcoin then it can not fall like that and will keep rising in the future and we can have stable investments.

Ayush rana

Activity: 476
Merit: 103

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 08:28:58 AM

For me country like China and North Korea are the biggest enemy of bitcoin because they ban bitcoin and after some time it might happen that they announce their own crypto currency in the market.

TheBTCAlex

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

Back from Vacation!

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 09:10:29 AM

Frankly agree, governments and banks. They have been trying for ages to control and are trying helplessly to find ways to regulate bitcoin. They have seen the craze for bitcoin, due to fast transactions and anonymity and decentralized nature, they realized that no one can interfere in bitcoin transactions and/or intercept them. They have realized that blockchain is the better and more secure way to go, but due to their wish of making profits, they are trying to hurt the value of bitcoin by various gimmicks.

Senja Kemuning

Activity: 553
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 09:13:35 AM

Everyone will try to make better coins and beats bitcoin, I think it's natural, of course if altcoin is better than bitcoin then bitcoin will be abandoned.

███
             █████
            ███████
           █████████
          ███████████
         █████████████
        ███████ ███████
       ███████   ███████
      ███████     ███████
     ███████       ███████
    ███████         ███████
   ███████           ███████