Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 03:50:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking to make a bitcoin farm  (Read 747 times)
lixtor (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 03:43:57 PM

Hello, I want to see what do you guys recommend I want to start a big farm of I least 5000 to 50000 antminer s9 since I have the possibility so what do you think and the advice.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Philopolymath

Activity: 558
Merit: 295

Walter Russell's Cosmogony is RIGHT!

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 05:14:33 PM

I think you are very funny lazy idiot child WAY out of your league...

Support Alien Beer Circle research...www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRXDk2RMQ4A
unholycactus
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1023

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2017, 09:51:49 PM

What recommendations do you need? You've already picked a miner and imply you have a location for hosting the miners.
However, here's one thought from me: You seem rather clueless on how much power 5000 miners require or how you will manage the maintenance.
wmabern

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

Visualize whirledps

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 11:29:38 PM
Last edit: September 05, 2017, 12:58:46 AM by wmabern

Hello, I want to see what do you guys recommend I want to start a big farm of I least 5000 to 50000 antminer s9 since I have the possibility so what do you think and the advice.

Hello,
You seem to have a very grand aspiration in beginning a mining farm. A few miners or even ~10 miners are fairly straight-forward without any major construction or setup. Once you get much more than, say 50-75 (just to pick numbers out of the blue), you are looking at a MAJOR, industrial-strength facility - just to give it a name.

Along with that, just the tip of the iceberg - preparation, on-going maintenance, power requirements and security. The type of facility that will require electrical/mechanical engineers and many other pros on staff or immediately available. In other words, you will need professionals in many different categories just to keep the facility up and running.

I don't know if you are independently very wealthy, multi-millionaire, billionaire or what, but you will need VERY deep pockets to feed the beast.

First a few simple questions. Do you have experience running just one miner with all of its associated hardware and requirements of cooling, heat dissipation, power requirements, stable internet connection and more? If you don't have that experience, you will need someone versed in all things Bitcoin/Mining.

Before doing anything else, my suggestion is getting a few miners or even one, set it up and keep it running for a few weeks. While you are running those miners, READ, READ, READ any and everything you can get your hands on about Bitcoin and mining.

I would also suggest finding some of the BTC mining pros who run their own farm talk to them and see if they will mentor you along with suggestions and knowledge. There are many forum members who have constructed or are building BTC farms. Read ALL of those threads, write down questions you may have and see if they will spare some of their knowledge. Don't expect to have your hand held as you try to put it together unless you are willing to pay.
Here is one such thread about building a farm.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1498901.0

If you have the money, why not consider buying a mining package from Bitfury.
http://bitfury.com/
They have containerized miners in two packages that I'm aware of. Expect to pay in the millions. Keep in mind these packages do NOT contain 5,000 miners. You would be looking at multiple containers to reach that goal. According to Bitfury, one of their containers has the ability to output 7.5PH/s of hash power. That is a LOT.

It is nice to dream. I have always dreamed about winning the lottery or having a couple of Bitfury's mining containers. Alas, that is not likely to happen.

In the mean-time, I will have to be content with my small "Mining Farm" hashing at 65 TH/s. It supplements my paychecks from work very nicely.

You may also want to plug in som numbers into different mining calculators. That will give you a small idea of the mamouth project you are talking about. There are many, I use this one sometimes.

https://www.coinwarz.com/calculators/bitcoin-mining-calculator

Okay, enough babble from me. I just touched the tiniest, minuscule tip of the iceberg. I wouldn't even know some of the most important questions to ask. But I do know enough to run four S9's and two S7's 24/7 for over the last year and a half.

I have other miners that have broken in various ways so I have gotten pretty good at swapping and switching out parts and pieces. That is another thing I didn't mention. These machine have a pretty bad record, for the most part, about running reliably. The Avalons have a better record. Anyway, .....

Good luck and best wishes. (If you get this project off the ground and want to hire someone with a fair amount of knowledge. PM me. For the right amount of guaranteed $$$ - upfront, I would consider moving!  Cool  Roll Eyes

EDIT: Another option if you have money burning a hole in your pocket and want to hit the ground running. Canaan has "bulk" packages available. Not sure of the details but it would be a fast and efficient way to jump into a "ready Made" farm. Something I might consider if I had the money available. 60 Avalon miners....

60x 741 miner + 3x Controller for $43,000

or

60x 741 miner + 60 PSUs + 3x Controller for $49,000

EDIT_2: When you get your miners setup, whether it's one miner, one thousand miners, or one-hundred- thousand miners, please point your hash rate at the Kano Mining pool. https://www.kano.is/index.php.
We could use a little boost in the pool hash rate. One miner or one-hundred-thousand miners would be nice for all concerned. We don't discriminate! A lot of friendly, knowledgeable pro's mine at Kano's.
Best wishes! Cool

BITMIXER.IO Gone Baby, Gone.. ;-)
Not any good sig campaigns out there that I want!
veleten
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1106

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 06:33:37 PM

people who enough money to start a 5000-50000 antminer s9 farm
do not ask people on forums,they know how to read things first
so you should be doing the same,unless you are full of bull (which is most likely the case here)
start reading the mining,mining support,hardware sections-it is all there

▄▄████▄▄
      ▄▄███▀    ▀███▄▄
   ▄████████▄▄▄▄████████▄
  ▀██████████████████████▀
▐█▄▄ ▀▀████▀    ▀████▀▀ ▄▄██
▐█████▄▄ ▀██▄▄▄▄██▀ ▄▄██▀  █
▐██ ▀████▄▄ ▀██▀ ▄▄████  ▄██
▐██  ███████▄  ▄████████████
▐██  █▌▐█ ▀██  ██████▀  ████
▐██  █▌▐█  ██  █████  ▄█████
 ███▄ ▌▐█  ██  ████████████▀