Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 05:49:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: When Bitcoin Bubble busts this Altcoin will SKYROCKET  (Read 1179 times)
bubbleburster (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 04:16:40 PM

Dogecoin has been around a long time, is proven to work and the 110 Billion supply means there is enough for everyone without just having to own btc0.01 which puts many investors away.

Thats so much better than a 22 Million bubble as with BTC.

Even if you consider...

1 BTC = $4500 * 22 Million = $74bn
1 Dogecoin = $0,02 * 110 Billion = $234m

Thats still a bubble of factor 50 with bitcoin. Meaning a SANE price for 1 Bitcoin would be around $90.

While a SANE price for 1 Dogecoin would be around $1. (50* of what it is today)

Dogecoin does just the same as Bitcoin, faster, easier and with much smaller fees, plus half the world loves dogs.

So theres my prediction, it took Dogecoin a long time but its going to get at $1 and more once everyone looks for safe harbors when panic-selling their BTC.

Samarkand

Activity: 658
Merit: 282

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 04:39:00 PM

The supply is simply too big to afford this kind of price rise. You can see exactly the same
phenomenon with other high-supply coins like Ripple (XRP), which have a hard time rising to a value
of more than 0.50 $.

Besides, Dogecoin is based on a meme and has a certain "fun vibe" to it, which
probably deters institutional money or other serious investors.
CrowdFunder

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 05:51:15 PM

Dogecoin.. Get real, there is no reason this shit can skyrocket. It does good however, for a coin like that, mega inflationnary, but don't expect magical stuff to happen to it.
Such face is all it got, wow.
DigitalLemming

Activity: 266
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 05:55:14 PM

Well usually when Doge begins to pump it's a sure sign that a crash in near. Also I think short term a bitcoin bubble burst will destroy everything with it.
SonnetStar

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 06:16:38 PM

The supply is simply too big to afford this kind of price rise. You can see exactly the same
phenomenon with other high-supply coins like Ripple (XRP), which have a hard time rising to a value
of more than 0.50 $.

Besides, Dogecoin is based on a meme and has a certain "fun vibe" to it, which
probably deters institutional money or other serious investors.

Also factor in the rise of bitcoin

Its not a one to one ratio? Ripple was 55 cents. At 20k satoshi Canadian for me when bitcoin was 2500 and now bitcoin is 4500 and like 5k satoshi and its 28 cents Canadian
Hiro424

Activity: 36

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 06:20:48 PM

Good old plain DOGE pumpin', love it!
We need more of this shit. Kidz these days... they just don't know how to have it.
CaptainCurious

Activity: 6

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 06:28:40 PM

The trouble I’ve found is everything is so slow. Nothing to indicate to me if it’s going up or down from day to day. I’ll try time-lapse photography, see if that helps.
And I don’t intend to buy a gazillion of them to attempt a profit.
 😊
FBZ

Activity: 32

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 06:47:45 PM

plus half the world loves dogs.

thats some real bulletproof analysis right here, love it
BigBall

Activity: 253
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 06:52:31 PM

Dogecoin price will not skyrocket soon for sure because first they need more serious projects to increase dogecoin price.Some exchangers dont accept aynmore dogecoin but there is still chance to save dogecoin and make it in top 5 cryptocurrencies in the world.They can decrease dogecoin supplies when they sell all supplies or they can  decrease now and they can say that little more dogecoins can be produced and then can stop and they can burn some dogecoins and offer some good things to some users which accept to burn own dogecoins and then dogecoin price will grow and everybody will be happy but nothing will not skyrocket without serious projects or some kind of changes.
Geoff999

Activity: 476
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 07:48:20 PM

I agree with most of the other posts here,

Unfortunately dogecoins will not skyrocket if bitcoin crashes, the reason? They were creates years ago as a "Fun coin", they are not accepted as currency in pretty much any places I can think of.

Bitcoin retains and increases in value due to several aspects, Japan legalisation of the currency, which will be followed by several other countries, and vendors accepting Bitcoin as a payment method.

Dogecoin does neither of these things. Although the community is both large and fun, so its worth holding just to support that.
HPC1984

Activity: 147
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 05:46:56 AM

Just looking at the long term chart for Doge kind of suggests it won't go that way (to the moon) at all. Doge has spikes followed by long protracted declines and in general in the opposite direction to BTC. Great community, great as a tipping coin, but I just can't see it rocketing ever.

Much respect. Wow ;-P
Red-Apple

Activity: 1470
Merit: 655

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 06:50:24 AM

nothing of what you said is correct!
Dogecoin will always remain a joke coin which will get dumped and go lower by time. it has no real future despite remaining alive. the miners will earn the profit and dump it as soon as they get it and there is no cap for it. which means there is always a big sell pressure on the market.

and history has proven that every time Doge has a pump, it is ending at some point and it goes in to dumping mode for a very long time.

don't hope for a "SKYROCKET" out of doge but if you saw a rise make sure to join in because the profit will be good but short.

--signature space for rent; sent PM--
bucksman5233

Activity: 264
Merit: 100

TV TWO - Connect your TV to ETH Blockchain

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2017, 08:30:37 AM

Doge coin! Lol It has been here since a long time but still haven't proven anything and I don't know why you are comparing that with Bitcoin. Doge will never be worthy because of its shit load of supply.

Pierre 2
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1358

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 08:41:00 AM

There are lot other factors that makes bitcoin price higher.
Nonetheless I believe dogecoin to gain value over time around 5x-10x. Its too cheap. No skyrocket anyways.
gedor

Activity: 658
Merit: 255

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 08:44:36 AM

I think Bitcoin is not too high now to crash but there will be a correction soon, when bitcoin falls all other coins will probably fall. When it comes to dogecoin there is no chance for skyrocket.
thejaytiesto
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 09:53:40 AM

Dogecoin has been around a long time, is proven to work and the 110 Billion supply means there is enough for everyone without just having to own btc0.01 which puts many investors away.

Thats so much better than a 22 Million bubble as with BTC.

Even if you consider...

1 BTC = $4500 * 22 Million = $74bn
1 Dogecoin = $0,02 * 110 Billion = $234m

Thats still a bubble of factor 50 with bitcoin. Meaning a SANE price for 1 Bitcoin would be around $90.

While a SANE price for 1 Dogecoin would be around $1. (50* of what it is today)

Dogecoin does just the same as Bitcoin, faster, easier and with much smaller fees, plus half the world loves dogs.

So theres my prediction, it took Dogecoin a long time but its going to get at $1 and more once everyone looks for safe harbors when panic-selling their BTC.

Wrong, the only bubble that will burst will be the altcoin bubble, specially now that China is banning ICO's, so all these dumb scams will no longer flourish, or at least it will be harder without chinese pump money. I guess whoever wants to buy an ICO will still do it using VPNs or whatever, but it's going to be much difficult.

Meanwhile BTC will keep rissing for a lack of a better altcoin. Hopefully the dip from the ICO ban is over soon. It would suck if there is a chain of events and the ICO news are followed by segwit2x propaganda creating a chain reaction of panic sellers.
Intel 4004

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

Nimium ne crede colori

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 09:58:50 AM

Dogecoin is a fun-cryptocoin, cannot skyrocket. Maybe pump and dump coin
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: