Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 05:15:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: XRP is the best crypto safe haven?  (Read 2460 times)
karabasss

Activity: 284
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 07:11:12 PM

:/ I think xrp can't fall just because many people join this coin when price is 0.55$ and now they dont want cut loss
The current price of Ripple really low, it cannot drop below @3000 or @2000 sat again because drop under that price = cannot recovery in long time if bullish market comeback. In current, we can start to buy Ripple and save it for next few months and wait our profit.

I would advise you to keep this coin for several years. Its price can increase several times.
This coin is very interesting and its idea can be embodied in the financial system. If this happens, then it will become very popular

PLAY
            ▄██████████████▄
          ▄██▀▀██████████████▄
        ▄██▀    ▀██████████████▄
      ▄██▀        ▀██████████████▄
    ▄██▀   ██████▄  ▀██████████████▄
  ▄██▀          ██    ▀██████████████▄
 ███       ▄█████▀      ███████████████
  ▀██▄    ▐██         ▄██████████████▀
    ▀██▄  ▐██████▌  ▄██████████████▀
      ▀██▄        ▄██████████████▀
        ▀██▄    ▄██████████████▀
          ▀██▄▄██████████████▀
            ▀██████████████▀
LIVE
██████
███▀▀▀
███

███
███▄▄▄
██████
██████
▀▀▀███
███

███
▄▄▄███
██████
Intensity

Activity: 178
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 07:27:17 PM

With more financial institutions backing up Ripple, I think we have a promising future with the coin. The coin has also remained in the top five for crytpo for some time too. An article I read the other day predicts Ripple to be worth $2 by 2018, which might be a stretch, but > $1 is more likely.

http://www.profitconfidential.com/cryptocurrency/cryptocurrency-price-predictions-2018-ripple-winner/
Collinslevi

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 07:28:57 PM

In my latest blog I talk about the precarious state of the economy and what investors might turn to for safe-haven assets in a stock sell-off:  https://xrphodor.wordpress.com/2017/09/03/is-xrp-destined-to-be-a-safe-haven-asset/

I believe that investors might strongly consider turning to XRP as the next "gold standard" in crypto safe havens.  

Let me know what you think.  

Twitter: https://twitter.com/Hodor7777/status/904375295578447872

Yes, it is very safe. I do not know when it will increase to $ 1 Cheesy
leea-1334

Activity: 2268
Merit: 953

Temporary forum vacation

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 07:31:45 PM

And that makes them legit?  the federal reserve is the biggest scam of all. The terrible monetary policies set by the fed are what ultimately led to the creation of the solution that is Bitcoin.  What the heck is even the point of all this if you want a centralized bank partnered asset?

they're probably the most "legit" token, as they're jumping through the necessary hoops to comply with everyone. mass adoption is contingent on this and you're playing yourself if you think differently (you're also playing yourself if you think bitcoin is decentralized).

the average citizen will never believe in a non-backed asset (like from a central government). taking your crypto-anarchist ethics out of the equation, most people can't comprehend nor will they take the time to understand crypto, as most people want the easiest form of everything. that's unfortunately a piece of paper with perceived value. there will always be gatekeepers like a central gov. ripple aren't idiots.

That is a double-edged blade. Leads towards centralisation, which is bad for many people. But more control and more willingness to be regulated is more secure for everyone, especially the users. It is like being ETH, but being more compliant to the powers that be. But you are right, Bitcoin is not as decentralised as sometimes we like to imagine.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.....I AM BLACKJACK.FUN.....
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
HashFace

Activity: 406
Merit: 114

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 07:52:15 PM

Check out tether's chart ... it took a small bump but quickly rebounded.  It's pegged to the US dollar.  Seems like a quick and easy way to "shapeshift" out of something in a hurry.  

I thought DigixDOA would be a safe haven, too, supposedly pegged to 1 gram of gold, but it got hammered over the weekend.  Down about 30% at one point.... the math on that one have never looked right to me, anyway.  It did fully bounce back, though, in a few days.
olliedickman

Activity: 218

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 09:49:04 AM

Not at all. Xrp is somehow centralized by the developers and therefore, it against the decentralized system in Bitcoin and the crryptocurrency. But the Japan is currently developing its system. well, it is hard to know but I do believe one thing that the cryptocurrency will be a part of our future
konco_kenthel

Activity: 378

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 10:00:24 AM

yes if proven to provide the exact benefits will be many investors who tend to participate in XRP maybe I will try from now if later will more results will be maintained for continuation in the future.

anami57

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 01:29:24 PM

I hold XRP. Feeling optimistic to be held for a long time because i've read an article (i am forget the link), but the point is XRP an altcoin that still exist in the future.
Tiennou74

Activity: 546

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 01:46:29 PM

In my latest blog I talk about the precarious state of the economy and what investors might turn to for safe-haven assets in a stock sell-off:  https://xrphodor.wordpress.com/2017/09/03/is-xrp-destined-to-be-a-safe-haven-asset/

I believe that investors might strongly consider turning to XRP as the next "gold standard" in crypto safe havens.  

Right Now XRP is good because it pump and dump a bit but you can call XRP is safe heaven  Grin
XRP could be hit high So be ready to make some profit
Calangaman

Activity: 602

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 02:03:40 PM

I'm always stunned to see that there are so many XRP supporters!

XRP is everything but a safe haven and a gold standard!

- it's a centralized coin controlled by Ripple company and its founders.
- the issuance of new coins and the total number of coins can be changed anytime by its creators
- there is a very bad liquidity vs marketcap because a bunch of happy fews own large chunks of it and can manipulate the price at will
- people mix up the success of Ripple as a company and the value of the token. No bank will use XRP for its transactions! Why would they do that ?

Early buyers were lucky to see XRP shot up in value only because it's an old coin, thus traded on large exchanges.
It can gain more value as the crypto party attracts lots of new speculators but ultimately XRP holders will lose lots of money.
ðºÞæ

Activity: 1176
Merit: 297

Bitcoin © Maximalist

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 02:37:34 PM
Last edit: September 07, 2017, 03:35:35 PM by ðºÞæ

XRP is a good laugh that much is clear.
It separates the sheep (xrp bag holders) from the wolves (Ripple investors) like nothing else. Ripple investors drowns some bait out with some crap story and xrp dart reaches in his pockets and sends his money. Ripple guy says it much better in my pocket anyway because you have no appreciation for money.
xrp is the equivalent of "pet rock", "canned air", "lucky wishbone"......
Would be embarrassing to be considered the same species as a xrp holder.

"The existing Visa credit card network processes about 15 million Internet purchases per day worldwide. Bitcoin can already scale much larger than that with existing hardware for a fraction of the cost. It never really hits a scale ceiling."  Satoshi Nakamoto, April 2009          Avoiding taxes is totally legal if you consider and respect the law.
Rj Manik

Activity: 448

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 03:52:19 PM

Ripple is a good altcoin.But I don't know how many secure or safe it.Because I always felling fear,when my buying altcoin is vanish.
g___

Activity: 273
Merit: 252

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 03:59:25 PM

XRP is everything but a safe haven and a gold standard!

- it's a centralized coin controlled by the top 3
- the issuance of new coins and the total number of coins can be changed anytime by its creators
- there is a very bad liquidity vs marketcap because a bunch of happy fews own large chunks of it and can manipulate the price at will
- people mix up the success of Ripple as a company and the value of the token. No bank will use XRP for its transactions! Why would they do that ?

Early buyers were lucky to see XRP shot up in value only because it's an old coin, thus traded on large exchanges.
It can gain more value as the crypto party attracts lots of new speculators but ultimately XRP holders will lose lots of money.

i'm always stunned to see that there are so many btc supporters!

btc is everything but a safe haven and a gold standard! - it's a centralized coin controlled by the top 3 mining pools (controlling 51%+ of the hash).

because a bank will save money on every transaction... XRP is also needed to cover transaction fees for their use of ripple's network. if any IOU:XRP becomes liquid enough, and banks can find a way to hedge their long exposure to XRP, then market makers may offer the IOU:XRP cross - order flow goes to liquidity.
Calangaman

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 05:36:22 PM

i'm always stunned to see that there are so many btc supporters!

btc is everything but a safe haven and a gold standard! - it's a centralized coin controlled by the top 3 mining pools (controlling 51%+ of the hash).

Calling it a centralized coin is an insult to the crypto community. The Aug 1st fork showed that BTC can upgrade despite the influence of large mining pools. At least the BTC algo can't be changed any minute contrary to Ripple's.

because a bank will save money on every transaction... XRP is also needed to cover transaction fees for their use of ripple's network. if any IOU:XRP becomes liquid enough, and banks can find a way to hedge their long exposure to XRP, then market makers may offer the IOU:XRP cross - order flow goes to liquidity.

That's all but wishful thinking. Banks will adopt the blockchain technology gradually and if they need tokenisation, they may very well create their own tokens or establish a standard token like they did for the Swift network.
g___

Activity: 273
Merit: 252

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 07:57:17 PM

Calling it a centralized coin is an insult to the crypto community.

sorry, i live in reality.
digitalgame4life

Activity: 378
Merit: 105

Active forum member, A+ poster, PM good sign camp.

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 08:01:29 PM

I dont know lol, it was supposed to be decentralized, now some crazy bankers are gonna speak for xrp on oktober, besides that I think xrp is gonna get wiped away since these corrupt banks have made their own blockchain technology based transactions, I think xrp is a little too late with their product since the corrupt government and bank are gonna make their own blockchain

iwouldntknow

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 08:15:23 AM

People are too emotionally invested to be rational.  They've invested money, of course it's going to shoot to the mooooooooooooooooooooooon. 
Calangaman

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 09:01:07 AM

People are too emotionally invested to be rational.  They've invested money, of course it's going to shoot to the mooooooooooooooooooooooon. 

Well, with any investment you should leave your emotions at the door. Focus on hard facts instead.
I sincerely hope that people will make money with XRP but time is running against them.
classicsucks

Activity: 686
Merit: 504

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 09:13:18 AM

Sorry boys, as slick as Ripple is, it's still a premined corporate controlled token. And the corporation releases more tokens whenever they feel like it. Finally, Ripple would be one of the easiest coins for a government to shut down.

Therefore I conclude that it's not a "save haven investment".
Piggy

Activity: 784
Merit: 1416

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2017, 10:40:27 AM

Sorry boys, as slick as Ripple is, it's still a premined corporate controlled token. And the corporation releases more tokens whenever they feel like it. Finally, Ripple would be one of the easiest coins for a government to shut down.

Therefore I conclude that it's not a "save haven investment".

this is actually one of the only coin ahead of everybody about law compliance, you need to if you works with banks
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: