Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 05:34:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Name my Business for .1 BTC  (Read 3048 times)
fwho (OP)

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 08:06:15 PM

I think I will be ok. Not only are these different categories (food service and toys), but they seem to be coming close to abandonment.
"Moreover, non-use for three consecutive years is prima facie evidence of abandonment." http://cyber.law.harvard.edu/metaschool/fisher/domain/tm.htm

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jml

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 08:06:48 PM

Ill post it now. I went with:

Fantastic Franks
Open your mouth, we'll do the rest!

Thoughts?

Sounds sleezy but funny!

"Everything is a matter of degree"
fwho (OP)

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 08:09:36 PM

Fantastic Franks

Thoughts?

Sounds sleezy but funny!

Haha, the slogan is more of a joke. I probably wont be adding it, at least not at first. One of my first events I will be setup close to the petting zoo, so its def. out until the kid like functions are slowed. Names serious though.
nottm28

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 08:11:10 PM

Franks' High Steaks

donations not accepted
Malawi

Activity: 224

One bitcoin to rule them all!

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 08:13:58 PM

Fantastic Franks

Thoughts?

Sounds sleezy but funny!

Haha, the slogan is more of a joke. I probably wont be adding it, at least not at first. One of my first events I will be setup close to the petting zoo, so its def. out until the kid like functions are slowed. Names serious though.

Use the slogan when you do an event at a heavy petting zoo. Tongue

BitCoin is NOT a pyramid - it's a pagoda.
bitcoinator

Activity: 164

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 08:16:18 PM

[Frank's] Hottie Doggy (or Hottie Doggie to make it more stylish)
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 08:20:58 PM

Whatever you do, don't make it "Who let the dogs out" or we will find you and pummel you with ketchup packets.

fwho (OP)

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 08:26:31 PM

Whatever you do, don't make it "Who let the dogs out" or we will find you and pummel you with ketchup packets.

Haha that is great! I would deserve it, but it fits so well at the same time. My last name starting with Who and all.
vinne81

Activity: 182

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 08:30:21 PM

Yeah, so I am really, really bad at naming stuff. So if you come up with a decent name for my new business, and I decide to use it, Ill send you .1 BTC.

Its starting as a small Hot Dog cart, and will eventually be scaled to a Food Truck that focuses on Cheesesteaks, Hot Dogs, and Fries. I am looking for something memorable and brand-able that will hopefully also relate to what Im trying to do. I thought about Franks Franks (since one of those is my name), but eh.

Franks' weeners
counter

Activity: 798

Time is on our side, yes it is!

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 11:52:58 PM

I want to start a similar business so I really hope you have great success with the venture, and thanks for the contest.  The name game is always fun!

Ill try to remember to keep this thread updated. Im sure its going to be hard, but I have no doubts about it being worth it. Do you know what kind of truck your going to make?

Cool I am interested to know how things work out for u so I'll watch for updates.  I have a few ideas that really excite me, one of them being gourmet dogs and other fresh and fun items to throw in the mix.  Would like to be less traditional but this is still in the idea phase.

Fantastic Franks sounds good, mad I didn't say that haha.  I have an idea for a slogan since u got the brand figured.  "Catch Me If U Can, I'm The Steak & Cheese Man".  A play off the gingerbread man.
Ryland R. Taylor-Almanza
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 25, 2013, 12:10:58 AM

The dogadigalo (Pronounced dog uh dig uh low)

.BITSLER.                 ▄███
               ▄████▀
             ▄████▀
           ▄████▀  ▄██▄
         ▄████▀    ▀████▄
       ▄████▀        ▀████▄
     ▄████▀            ▀████▄
   ▄████▀                ▀████▄
 ▄████▀ ▄████▄      ▄████▄ ▀████▄
█████   ██████      ██████   █████
 ▀████▄ ▀████▀      ▀████▀ ▄████▀
   ▀████▄                ▄████▀
     ▀████▄            ▄████▀
       ▀████▄        ▄████▀
         ▀████▄    ▄████▀
           ▀████▄▄████▀
             ▀██████▀
               ▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄            
▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀    ▄▄█▄▄ ▀▀▄         
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄      
█  ▀▄▄  ▀█▀▀ ▄      ▀████   ▀▀▄   
█ █▄  ▀▄   ▀████       ▀▀ ▄██▄ ▀▀▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█  ▀▀       ▀▄▄ ▀████      ▄▄▄▀▀▀  █
█            ▄ ▀▄    ▄▄▄▀▀▀   ▄▄  █
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█ ▄▄   ███   ▀██  █           ▀▀  █ 
█ ███  ▀██       █        ▄▄      █ 
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  
▀▄            █        ▀▀      █  
▀▀▄   ███▄  █   ▄▄          █   
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    
▀▀▄   █   ▀▀▄▄▄▀▀▀         
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▀▀▀▀              
              ▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄▄████████████████▄▄
        ▄██████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄
▄     ▄█████▀             ▀█████▄
██▄▄ █████▀                ▀█████
 ████████            ▄██      █████
  ████████▄         ███▀       ████▄
  █████████▀▀     ▄███▀        █████
   █▀▀▀          █████         █████
     ▄▄▄         ████          █████
   █████          ▀▀           ████▀
    █████                     █████
     █████▄                 ▄█████
      ▀█████▄             ▄█████▀
        ▀██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀
          ▀▀████████████████▀▀
              ▀▀▀██████▀▀▀
            ▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
         ▄█▀▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀▀█▄
       █▀▀ ▄█████████████▄ ▀▀█
     █▀▀ ███████████████████ ▀▀█
    █▀ ███████████████████████ ▀█
   █▀ ███████████████▀▀ ███████ ▀█
 ▄█▀ ██████████████▀      ▀█████ ▀█▄
███ ███████████▀▀            ▀▀██ ███
███ ███████▀▀                     ███
███ ▀▀▀▀                          ███
▀██▄                             ▄██▀
  ▀█▄                            ▀▀
    █▄       █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
     █▄      ▀█████████▀
      ▀█▄      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
        ▀▀█▄▄  ▄▄▄
            ▀▀█████
[]
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2013, 02:30:35 AM

Dogapalooza

Change the image below depicting a "Dogapalooza" instead of a guitar.

With the slogan/tag: Honest Abe: 'em r Diliciouz!

In the fine print, list all the available toppings.

bassclef

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 25, 2013, 03:07:16 AM

How about

Banger in the Mouth

Or if that's too suggestive...

Sausage in the Mouth

Kidding Smiley Also a penny to the person who gets the reference.

I actually thought of a good one earlier: Haute Dog
alkuluku

Activity: 110
Merit: 10

🙏

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2013, 03:29:05 AM

Shama Lama Ding Dong

fwho (OP)

View Profile
May 25, 2013, 03:46:48 AM

I want to start a similar business so I really hope you have great success with the venture, and thanks for the contest.  The name game is always fun!

Ill try to remember to keep this thread updated. Im sure its going to be hard, but I have no doubts about it being worth it. Do you know what kind of truck your going to make?

Cool I am interested to know how things work out for u so I'll watch for updates.  I have a few ideas that really excite me, one of them being gourmet dogs and other fresh and fun items to throw in the mix.  Would like to be less traditional but this is still in the idea phase.

Fantastic Franks sounds good, mad I didn't say that haha.  I have an idea for a slogan since u got the brand figured.  "Catch Me If U Can, I'm The Steak & Cheese Man".  A play off the gingerbread man.

I do kinda like that. Might be something to incorporate into marketing down the road.
Crazy to be thinking about marketing like that at a Hot Dog Cart level, but Im also trying to think ahead.

How about

Banger in the Mouth

Or if that's too suggestive...

Sausage in the Mouth

Kidding Smiley Also a penny to the person who gets the reference.

I actually thought of a good one earlier: Haute Dog

I admit, I dont get it. But there are a ton of wiener slingers with Haute Dog in the name.
counter

Activity: 798

Time is on our side, yes it is!

View Profile
May 25, 2013, 04:22:13 AM
Last edit: May 25, 2013, 04:39:06 AM by counter

Yea it's not needed at this point I just like throwing out ideas and get opinions, good to know u like it.  Rather not see a good idea go to waste.  I think one key to success will be finding the right place to setup shop,to get a lot of traffic ofcourse it is easier said than done.  Here's to being ur own boss.
ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
May 25, 2013, 12:55:28 PM

Franks By Frank

You would use a pen name for this, Frank.

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2013, 06:20:46 PM

The ongoing conversation has sparked another idea inside my head, one of which I'd love to share with you.

Regardless of which name you pick, would you be so kind as to allow us to continue offering up suggestions and ideas in open-sourced fashion during the nascent stage of your endeavor and beyond?

Safely assuming you're moving forward on this, and having enough funding to see it through, all you would have to do is come back here on a regular basis giving us updates and requesting more ideas. Since it's only a hot dog stand, I'm sure others wouldn't mind offer up ideas for free to a fellow Bitcoiner.

For an example: Upgrade to a meal (chips & drink, perhaps) for free when paid with bitcoins.

Have your main bitcoin address clearly seen on the cart.

QR-Code linking to your website showing other locations where you're located, or will be attending some special event.

Market yourself as the only open-source hot dog cart in the world.

Offer free hot dogs to those offering up suggestions you use by giving them a voucher that can only be used at one of your locations, for you don't ship hot dogs. Voucher can be transferable, but I doubt if one would truly do such, for it'll be an honor to own one.

Think outside the bun, Dude! Otherwise you'll just be another hot dog delivery guy, regardless if you sell fantastic hot dogs or ones that taste like shit.
fwho (OP)

View Profile
May 25, 2013, 08:26:17 PM

The ongoing conversation has sparked another idea inside my head, one of which I'd love to share with you.

Regardless of which name you pick, would you be so kind as to allow us to continue offering up suggestions and ideas in open-sourced fashion during the nascent stage of your endeavor and beyond?

Safely assuming you're moving forward on this, and having enough funding to see it through, all you would have to do is come back here on a regular basis giving us updates and requesting more ideas. Since it's only a hot dog stand, I'm sure others wouldn't mind offer up ideas for free to a fellow Bitcoiner.

For an example: Upgrade to a meal (chips & drink, perhaps) for free when paid with bitcoins.

Have your main bitcoin address clearly seen on the cart.

QR-Code linking to your website showing other locations where you're located, or will be attending some special event.

Market yourself as the only open-source hot dog cart in the world.

Offer free hot dogs to those offering up suggestions you use by giving them a voucher that can only be used at one of your locations, for you don't ship hot dogs. Voucher can be transferable, but I doubt if one would truly do such, for it'll be an honor to own one.

Think outside the bun, Dude! Otherwise you'll just be another hot dog delivery guy, regardless if you sell fantastic hot dogs or ones that taste like shit.

So my initial thoughts and questions are:

The Hot Dog Cart is actually a low-cost market test of sorts. I need experience and want to see how everything works before moving to the next stage. And I plan on basically scaling up until I have my Cheesesteak Truck. I deleted the original post because I didnt like how the thread was moving and it had my entire menu along with a few other things, but I posted asking for advice here: http://www.roadfood.com/Forums/Food-Truck-Pitch-m740332.aspx So if this is successful, rather than opening more and more carts, I actually planned on just adding to the existing one until it turns into a truck.

So even though no matter what happens, the community will always be my boss, do you mean basically the forum users decide the next directions of the business?

And some of the things you mentioned I had intended doing. In fact, after the first few "shows" I was going to decide if I should get a Droid just for the cart. I might have to have employees right from the beginning, and theres no way Im not accepting Bitcoin. Plus, I want to use Square since almost no food vendors inside fairs accept Credit Cards. With employees, having a dedicated phone rather than ask them to use theirs or something would be so much easier. To market these advantages I was going to slap some big stickers on the side (Bitcoin logo and traditional CC acceptance).

As for the vouchers, I think those would be albeit useless to be honest. Im in a fairly rural area, and even though I plan on operating at large fairs and such, Im not sure how useful they would be to a global audience. Then it would just be sentimental, and who is really going to cherish that? On the other hand, I do plan on having t-shirts made right off the bat, and even mentioned to my wife giving a few away to people as long as they wear them to the fair the next time they come. So, would a branded tee shipped to anywhere be a better incentive?

Im def. open to discussing this more though.
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
May 25, 2013, 09:20:39 PM

Im def. open to discussing this more though.

It may seem like there is some collective experience here for your business, but don't forget that this is the community that put millions of dollars into Bitcoinica, Pirateat40, BFL, etc etc etc.

I recommend just doing this alone and giving us the good news when it's going well and asking *specific users* whom you trust and have proven to you they have experience in relative business matters for some assistance when you need it.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: