Bitcoin Forum
July 04, 2024, 11:17:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: are there any coins profitable to CPU mine i5 7600k soon to have a 8700k  (Read 882 times)
speedyb (OP)

Activity: 203
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 11:48:48 PM

was wondering if its profitable at all to CPU mine any of the coins or cpu mine in miner gate or nice hash as my gpu's are doing eth
Vann

Activity: 1036
Merit: 606

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 11:59:29 PM

If you want to CPU mine, you have to think long term. Mining Monero may get you 0.25 XMR a month or ~$20 a month at the current price. Nexus is another CPU minable coin that has good development.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eaBcBXoLYFU
speedyb (OP)

Activity: 203
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 12:47:54 AM

well is monero better mined with a cpu? just curios can manero be mined with a gpu? will prolly mine cpu cause my gpu's are in use but was wondering?
also is there a program other then nicehashy just a flat out CPU miner i can run alongside claymore?
QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 08:32:24 PM

Monero is a rare case (perhaps the ONLY case) where a GPU and a CPU can BOTH mine it profitably.

The highest hashrate actually comes out of CPUs (some of the Intel server multi-core stuff, and AMD Epyc and Threadripper) but since you can normally set up a lot more GPUs in a rig than CPUs and some of the GPUs are pretty high hashrate, the highest hashrate RIGS are probably mostly GPU based.

However, there are usually more profitable things those GPUs CAN mine.

stak-xmr (something like that) seems to be the preferred Monero miner at this point - there are both CPU and GPU varients of it.

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: