Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 01:58:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Prices - Different Exchange Comparisons  (Read 247 times)
Turfy77 (OP)

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 12:21:20 AM

I'm interested in looking at a live chart of the bitcoin prices from different exchanges. I trade on Bitmex and I am wanting to compare the bitcoin prices against the other exchanges to see the correlation between them. This could be very useful in knowing when to buy/sell. Ive google the hell out of but cant find what Im looking for.
rebel92

Activity: 616
Merit: 260

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 12:34:31 AM

you mean buy BTC from a cheaper exchange and sell on an other to make a huge profit !
It's possible, that's called arbitrage Smiley
Turfy77 (OP)

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 12:50:55 AM

No, Im hoping to see a trend, for example, Bitfinex (as an example only!!) might always lead and Bitmex might do the same as Bitfinex with a delay. That way you can keep an eye on bitfinex knowing that Bitmex will do the same shortly after. If there was a chart where you can compare prices you might be able to see some kind of trend.
coupable

Activity: 2366
Merit: 757

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 01:02:56 AM

I suggest you to use bitcoinwisdom where you can see clearly the different charts of many exchange platforms including bitfinex and others. The site also help make comparisons between different exchanges for both Bitcoin and Litecoin with instant variations depends on exchange.
Tradeview can also help checking the prices movement with clear and attractive graphic interface.
rebel92

Activity: 616
Merit: 260

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 02:10:51 AM

you want a website to see a diffrent charts from a lot of exchanges then i guess coinhills will help you to do that, you can find more but this is the only one i know, so how do you will know in your example bitfinex do the same thing as bitmex, from your exprience, maybe its just a coincidence !
magneto

Activity: 1666
Merit: 753

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 11:45:04 AM

I'm interested in looking at a live chart of the bitcoin prices from different exchanges. I trade on Bitmex and I am wanting to compare the bitcoin prices against the other exchanges to see the correlation between them. This could be very useful in knowing when to buy/sell. Ive google the hell out of but cant find what Im looking for.

I would recommend using 3 services for this. All of which provide completely real time bitcoin pricing. Bitcoincharts.com, bitcoinwisdom, and cryptocompare. Bitcoinwisdom is the most well known but they have a limited range of exchanges that you are able to choose from, bitcoincharts has most of the exchanges, and even foreign exchanges are included in there. Cryptocompare has a lot too but only USD.

Up to your personal preference but cryptocompare has the best interface out of these three imo.

Just a reminder though that arbitrage usually doesn't work out with BTC/fiat pairs because of volatility and high tx fees. Don't attempt to trade too much, you might end up losing out instead.
jackhdt

Activity: 476
Merit: 256

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 12:53:11 PM

You can directly check in:
https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/Exchange/?market=BTC_USDT : (4345usdt/btc)
https://www.coinbase.com/
v.v

Make me great again
erikalui
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1094

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2017, 03:37:22 PM

Coinmarket has over 400 websites added wherein you can check bitmex and several other exchange websites for their btc rates. https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/bitcoin/#markets

You just need to sort the sites on the website according to your preference whether USD or another fiat currency to narrow down the list as it may be confusing if you check 400+ websites.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: