Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 04:29:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: A little confused about setting up Antminer  (Read 611 times)
bossbit (OP)

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 12:45:10 AM

I thought it was easy as plug and play but this is not the case.   I live in Canada and if I get the 220v PSU supplied by Bitmain I cant use it on any regular outlet, is that correct?  I would have to pay an electrician to rig a regular outlet to be able to support to the 220v PSU?  I also found out I could use a stove outlet with a 220v PSU, is that right?

If I ended up going a regular 1600w Evga PSU or something, am I losing out on money in mining? Does it mine as efficiently?  If I went with this PSU, could I use any regular outlet?

Thanks for clearing everything up for me.
bdog1234

Activity: 132
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 06:38:04 AM

Yes the power supply they sell is 220v. A 110 1600 watt evga will work with no loss in performance but it draws a lot of amps. What this means to you practically speaking is there can be nothing else plugged in on the circuit that the miner is plugged in on.

Aleister Crowley

Activity: 966
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 07:04:48 AM

Yes the power supply they sell is 220v. A 110 1600 watt evga will work with no loss in performance but it draws a lot of amps. What this means to you practically speaking is there can be nothing else plugged in on the circuit that the miner is plugged in on.

but at one time there will be an unfavorable impact ,, whether it is a poor flow of electricity,, or even akam damage some components ,, because something that runs practically will have an adverse impact whether it's in a long time or relatively short period of time
Philopolymath

Activity: 558
Merit: 295

Walter Russell's Cosmogony is RIGHT!

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 03:20:03 PM

www.youtube.com/watch?v=DqefJ2MQrRo

Support Alien Beer Circle research...www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRXDk2RMQ4A
edwardBe

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 06:43:11 PM

I thought it was easy as plug and play but this is not the case.   I live in Canada and if I get the 220v PSU supplied by Bitmain I cant use it on any regular outlet, is that correct?  I would have to pay an electrician to rig a regular outlet to be able to support to the 220v PSU?  I also found out I could use a stove outlet with a 220v PSU, is that right?

If I ended up going a regular 1600w Evga PSU or something, am I losing out on money in mining? Does it mine as efficiently?  If I went with this PSU, could I use any regular outlet?

Thanks for clearing everything up for me.

This guy, CryptoCrane is very helpful on Amazon as well he should be since he sells antminers for a steep profit compared to buying them yourself from Bitmain, but that's how arbitrage capitalism works.

In this video he demonstrates that the APW3++ PSUs from Bitmain are dual voltage. You just need the right cord to go from the PSU to the wall. If your usual appliance voltage in Canada is 110 like it is in the US, you need only get the right cord to connect to a standard C13 power socket. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e07eW6-rBPI.

It is a very standard power cord for many appliances like item #B00005113L on Amazon.

So, no don't pay for an EVGA PSU, just be sure to buy the APW3++ from Bitmain. Note that the PSU will draw more amps on 110V than it will on 220V, so you will need to use a circuit that supplies at least 15 amps to supply 1600 Watts, better yet 20 amps.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: