Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 06:05:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New ICO Launch. How do I market?  (Read 661 times)
okhawaja (OP)

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 03:35:08 AM

I'm the founder of LiveProductDemos.com and I just launched my ICO this past Friday. I've got a development team that helped me build a working prototype and I being a programmer did some coding myself to help launch a working first product.

I was launching a prototype and then marketing to users to then help get angel investment, but a friend recommended I try ICO to help the growth of the company, so I ended up using Ether based currency (ERC20) to create coins that would fund the further growth of the company.

There are about 38 days left (we started at 40 days), and I am not entirely familiar with how to market an ICO. I've marketed and launched products before, but I am not familiar with marketing ICO's. So far I am following the same steps I would with marketing a product (sent out few hundred emails to journalists and bloggers to announce product launch), and I am wondering what I should be doing that applies to an ICO in particular. I've been watching some Reddit discussions on Ether trading, and am looking to announce the ICO there, but what else should I be doing?

I'm experienced with product development and engineering, but looking for some guidance in marketing an ICO. On launch day we shared on a few Facebook groups and got 104 registered users on that day. Now I've recruited a dozen people to help grow this effect. The website is https://www.liveproductdemos.com/

Any thoughts on what I should do to promote an ICO?
epicsupers

Activity: 10

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 03:40:41 AM

Get onto telegram, slack
Start a thread about your coin here
Start another one on reddit
Create a facebook page

Have fun
OneUnderBridge

Activity: 368
Merit: 266

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2017, 03:42:20 AM

I'm the founder of LiveProductDemos.com and I just launched my ICO this past Friday. I've got a development team that helped me build a working prototype and I being a programmer did some coding myself to help launch a working first product.

I was launching a prototype and then marketing to users to then help get angel investment, but a friend recommended I try ICO to help the growth of the company, so I ended up using Ether based currency (ERC20) to create coins that would fund the further growth of the company.

There are about 38 days left (we started at 40 days), and I am not entirely familiar with how to market an ICO. I've marketed and launched products before, but I am not familiar with marketing ICO's. So far I am following the same steps I would with marketing a product (sent out few hundred emails to journalists and bloggers to announce product launch), and I am wondering what I should be doing that applies to an ICO in particular. I've been watching some Reddit discussions on Ether trading, and am looking to announce the ICO there, but what else should I be doing?

I'm experienced with product development and engineering, but looking for some guidance in marketing an ICO. On launch day we shared on a few Facebook groups and got 104 registered users on that day. Now I've recruited a dozen people to help grow this effect. The website is https://www.liveproductdemos.com/

Create an announcement thread and initiate a "bounty" program. The "bounty hunters" will do the social media marketing for you if you incentivize them well. They will also trigger those who will want to dig into the legitimacy of your project which may get some good youtube coverage by the monetized crypto project investigators. Notice my Avatar on the left and my signature below for examples of a "bounty" campaign.

▐█▌
                   ███
                  █████
                ▄███████▄
 ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
  ▀███████████████████████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████████████████████▀
      ██████████████ ██████████████
      ▐████████████   ████████████▌
       ███████████     ███████████
      ▐██████████       ██████████▌
      █████████▀         ▀█████████
    ▄████████▀             ▀████████▄
  ▄███████▀▀                 ▀▀███████▄
▄█████▀▀                         ▀▀█████▄
Trade  Whitepaper  Bounties    ▬▬▬▬▬
..Connect and Create..
                ▄▄████▄▄
               ██████████
              ████████████
              ████████████
      █████   ████████████   █████
     ███████  ████████████  ███████
     ███████   ██████████   ███████
     ███████    ████████    ███████
      ██████    ████████    ██████
      █████▀   ██████████   ▀█████
   ▄▄██▀▀    ██████████████    ▀▀█▄▄
 █████  ████████████████████████  █████
█████  ██████████████████████████  █████
       ██████████████████████████

The Movement
Unstoppable Organization
                  ▐█▌
                   ███
                  █████
                ▄███████▄
 ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
  ▀███████████████████████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████████████████████▀
      ██████████████ ██████████████
      ▐████████████   ████████████▌
       ███████████     ███████████
      ▐██████████       ██████████▌
      █████████▀         ▀█████████
    ▄████████▀             ▀████████▄
  ▄███████▀▀                 ▀▀███████▄
▄█████▀▀                         ▀▀█████▄      
Trade  Whitepaper  Bounties    ▬▬▬
Connect and Create
⌠                  ▄▄████▄▄
               ██████████
              ████████████
              ████████████
      █████   ████████████   █████
     ███████   ██████████   ███████
     ███████    ████████    ███████
      ██████    ████████    ██████
      █████▀   ██████████   ▀█████
   ▄▄██▀▀    ██████████████    ▀▀█▄▄
 █████  ████████████████████████  █████
█████  ██████████████████████████  █████
ludovicvuillier

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2017, 11:58:04 AM

Create an announcement thread and initiate a "bounty" program. The "bounty hunters" will do the social media marketing for you if you incentivize them well. They will also trigger those who will want to dig into the legitimacy of your project which may get some good youtube coverage by the monetized crypto project investigators. Notice my Avatar on the left and my signature below for examples of a "bounty" campaign.

What's a bounty program?

CryptoTamer

Activity: 364
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2017, 12:47:19 PM
Last edit: September 10, 2017, 01:00:10 PM by CryptoTamer

your project have started ICO.

i think it will be difficult to promote your projects that have already started ICO, due to time constraints
TrueAnon
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 12:55:31 PM

Why did you do the ICO before planning these things? Sounds like bad management Undecided

However I'd suggest you check out the bounty threads and try to create your own bounty. If you check out my signature you'll see that I'm participating in the bounty campaign of Atlant which basically means I get rewarded in tokens for writing posts while having their signature =)

Edit: Make it a pre-Ico, make a good bounty thread and start a new ICO in a month or 2 with real publicity. Wink Should give you more attention.
tianglistrik

Activity: 626
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 01:29:34 PM

It's never too late to develop.
Make the promotion as attractive as possible by giving a special offer to the investor. Create an article that explains in detail and spread on Facebook or twitter and other social media. Create a youtube vidio and try to create a special event introduction of your coin. Maybe it could build the sales project you created
erick94

Activity: 434
Merit: 252

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 01:50:38 PM

It's never too late to develop.
Make the promotion as attractive as possible by giving a special offer to the investor. Create an article that explains in detail and spread on Facebook or twitter and other social media. Create a youtube vidio and try to create a special event introduction of your coin. Maybe it could build the sales project you created
doing diligent and good promotions will keep many investors in and interested. if the coin is crowded enthusiasts and also has a high rate may be very easy to find a market for sales. because the market will easily accept. investors are also reliable because the coin has a good future.

▄▀
                         █▀
                       ▄██
                     ▄▀ █
                   ▄▀  █
                 ▄▀   ▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀
             ▄▀     ▐▌▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀
           ▄▀  ▄▄▄▀ █
        ▄████▀▀    ▐▌
    ▄▄████▀▀       █
  ▄▄▀▀▀▀          ▐▌
                  ▐
███████████████████████████

█████████████████████████

██████████████████████

██████████████

███████████████████

████████████████████

███████████████
██████████████████████████████   ██
      1.28%     
      DAILY ROI     

IN-WALLET
AUTO STAKING

FASTEST BURN
ON BSC

ANTI-DUMP 
   MECHANISM   
██   ██████████████████████████████
██████████████████

████████████████████

█████████████████████

███████████████

██████████████████████

████████████████████████

██████████████████████████
●  Whitepaper
●  Litepaper
●  Onepager
●  Twitter
●  Telegram
●  Discord
AlexaSonda

Activity: 504
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 02:33:52 PM

everyone here thinks that bounty program is the right solution to introduce and sell your project to investor. you can see some bounty here.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=238.0
fb39ca4

Activity: 100
Merit: 10

PlayGame.com

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 03:36:37 PM

make an ann thread. then create some channel for we talk about this ICO like telegram slack or discord. If they have plan to make bounty campaign that is awesome too

──────⟩   PLAYGAME   ⟨──────
WhitepaperPowering real economy in the gaming worldOnepager
Telegram ENG / IND GroupChannel ⟩──● MediumTwitterYouTube
bearex

Activity: 560
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 03:58:04 PM
Last edit: September 10, 2017, 04:11:43 PM by bearex

Marketing an ICO includes:

• Creating an ANN thread on this forum
  • Creating a nice website with all the information
  • Social media accounts - Twitter, Facebook, Telegram, Slack
  • Bounty campaigns - signature, blog posts, youtube videos, facebook/twitter based
  • Payed advertising on different platforms - Facebook, websites dedicated to cryptocurrencies and ICOs (example: coinmarketcap.com)
  • Add your ICO to the websites that have a list of upcoming ICOs (example: icowatchlist.com)
Cool
leea-1334

Activity: 2268
Merit: 953

Temporary forum vacation

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 04:05:30 PM

There are a few ICOs this year that have been massively successful. They all had something in common: weeks and months of building up the ICO event. They had paid PRs, they had signature campaigns. They had videos and interviews. They got a lot of people interested, and THEN launched. This is no guarantee still, but there is success to be found in imitating success.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.....I AM BLACKJACK.FUN.....
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Matic

Activity: 310
Merit: 100

https://eloncity.io/

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 04:12:09 PM

hire someone with lots of experience in crypto and ICOs. do it professionaly or don't do it at all is my advise.

QueenOfCrypto

Activity: 564
Merit: 104

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 04:32:44 PM

Perhaps you'd need a bounty manager.
Cryptany

Activity: 47

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 08:30:07 PM

Marketing an ICO includes:

• Creating an ANN thread on this forum
  • Creating a nice website with all the information
  • Social media accounts - Twitter, Facebook, Telegram, Slack
  • Bounty campaigns - signature, blog posts, youtube videos, facebook/twitter based
  • Payed advertising on different platforms - Facebook, websites dedicated to cryptocurrencies and ICOs (example: coinmarketcap.com)
  • Add your ICO to the websites that have a list of upcoming ICOs (example: icowatchlist.com)
Cool

Nice list! What do you think is the most important direction of marketing out of this list?
Hmm, have you seen a campaign that became successful without some or many of these marketing elements?
vivi12

Activity: 6

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 08:42:31 PM

I think the most important part is to make sure that everyone can understand what you are trying to build. You should have an active slack, telegram, and social media page to answer any uncertainties. Moreover, you should also try word of mouth by spreading to friends/families, colleagues, and get them to spread the word (seeing that they are interested in your idea! ). Good luck!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: