Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 01:02:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: GLDCOIN @ Cryptsy! YAY  (Read 6462 times)
kr4x (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 06:27:50 AM

Well,
Right now we talk to about 4,000 people twice a week about the ideas, projects, and people powering Bitcoin and are growing at a very fast rate.   If you're a miner who wants to profit by mining these coins, it's in your best interest to try and convince me not to shine a spotlight on your altcoin and tell everyone all the reasons I think it doesn't make any sense as anything other than a scam.

Your choice, I wanted to give the opportunity to respond.  If nobody wants to talk, we'll be pushing up the release date of this story to next week since I won't need to schedule interviews.

cool story bro, peace

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mullick
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1002

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 06:34:32 AM

Well,
Right now we talk to about 4,000 people twice a week about the ideas, projects, and people powering Bitcoin and are growing at a very fast rate.   If you're a miner who wants to profit by mining these coins, it's in your best interest to try and convince me not to shine a spotlight on your altcoin and tell everyone all the reasons I think it doesn't make any sense as anything other than a scam.

Your choice, I wanted to give the opportunity to respond.  If nobody wants to talk, we'll be pushing up the release date of this story to next week since I won't need to schedule interviews.

GLDcoin sure do a piece. Its hard to make this coin look good TBH.

Some other coins actually have promise. WDC and DGC have a little due to their rapid confirmations but are very vulnerable to attacks. Personally I like bitgem. It has the niche of being very rare. Blocks are .3 btg now and were 3 from the start. Combine that with diff adjustment every block and ppc's 520 confirmations and you have yourself a nice little package. Nothing new of course but a few good features of coins all rolled into a nice little bundle. Secure, Rare, was not instamined to death 15,000 btg in circulation now.

If you do a piece on any others coins let me know I would be happy to defend it if I believe I have valid points. I just dont see a way of doing that with gld. Its just a market coin. When diff soars and blockchain stalls it will be dead. May be a fun ride till then but it will happen
mindtomatter

Activity: 434
Merit: 254

Editor-in-Chief of Let's Talk Bitcoin!

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2013, 06:41:34 AM

Well,

Some other coins actually have promise. WDC and DGC have a little due to their rapid confirmations but are very vulnerable to attacks. Personally I like bitgem. It has the niche of being very rare. Blocks are .3 btg now and were 3 from the start. Combine that with diff adjustment every block and ppc's 520 confirmations and you have yourself a nice little package. Nothing new of course but a few good features of coins all rolled into a nice little bundle. Secure, Rare, was not instamined to death 15,000 btg in circulation now.

If you do a piece on any others coins let me know I would be happy to defend it if I believe I have valid points. I just dont see a way of doing that with gld. Its just a market coin. When diff soars and blockchain stalls it will be dead. May be a fun ride till then but it will happen

What do you think of Chinacoin?  What are your top three favorite alts (and why), whats a list of the coins you view as flat out pump and dumps?

Let's Talk Bitcoin! Interviews, News & Analysis released Tuesdays and Saturdays
http://www.LetsTalkBitcoin.com - Listener Mail -> adam@letstalkbitcoin.com
Panth

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 06:46:48 AM

Huge buy support @ Cryptsy! YAY

Sike.
mullick
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1002

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 06:48:04 AM

Well,

What do you think of Chinacoin?  What are your top three favorite alts (and why), whats a list of the coins you view as flat out pump and dumps?

Oooo that's tough. I'll pm you
Lebrick

Activity: 90

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 06:54:51 AM

Well,

I will agree with mullick here, GLDcoin is hard to defend but other alt-coins are better suited for the spot light, DGC and WDC as mullick mentioned with their fast confirmation times.

My Personal preference is litecoin, being one of the first accepted alt-coins and also bringing new things to the table, slightly faster confirmation times and being ASIC hostile with scrypt helping with decenteralization. All alts as i said help us learn new things about the bitcoin protocol.

Once again china coin is similar to GLDcoin and hard to really bring a good light to it, released on another forum possible pre-mined though i personally haven't read any posts relating to this(haven't searched either as it wasn't around for long enough Cheesy)

Top 3 alts, ya hard one to decide on that  Grin

Trade Rep: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=210453.0 | Cryptsy Ref link: https://www.cryptsy.com/users/register?refid=541

BTC: 1NK92Y1gr3bJ4pxPARKrHmpi5qaSoFjBBE
whitedragon

Activity: 84

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 06:59:56 AM

I am going to create an exchange that requires your username next to your orders. So we can account for who the hell is selling so low!

I think someone is trying to drive down the price to snatch some more up  Angry Watch that sell order dissapear and everything above it get eaten up until .001

I must have missed this comment the first time I read the thread...

What happened to anonymity with crypto?  If you had the usernames of people selling...what would you do?  Harass them?  Post their names on the forums?  Who the hell are you to tell people what to do with their money?  If people want to sell low, let them.  If you love the coin so much, why aren't you happy for the opportunity to BUY it from them so cheap?
dreamhouse

Activity: 1073
Merit: 666

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 07:02:18 AM

What a dump, how lovely!  Grin Grin Grin

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/692/screenshot20130523at115.png
r3wt

Activity: 686
Merit: 504

always the student, never the master.

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 07:04:00 AM

GLD has some real potential. i judge this buy the high price compared to most altcoins it demands, and the fact that other altcoin groups have been trying for days to hack the network out of sheer jealousy.

My negative trust rating is reflective of a personal vendetta by someone on default trust.
fisheater

Activity: 770
Merit: 605

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 07:05:26 AM

lol, what do you think dude? you think the 7 million premined coins went to charity??  Grin
r3wt

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 07:06:16 AM

lol, what do you think dude? you think the 7 million premined coins went to charity??  Grin

they can come to my wallet for anyone who doesn't want theirs. i love them.

My negative trust rating is reflective of a personal vendetta by someone on default trust.
mindtomatter

Activity: 434
Merit: 254

Editor-in-Chief of Let's Talk Bitcoin!

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2013, 07:06:21 AM

GLD has some real potential. i judge this buy the high price compared to most altcoins it demands, and the fact that other altcoin groups have been trying for days to hack the network out of sheer jealousy.

So, it has potential because it's higher priced at .000x?  Compared to what?   And isn't the "hack" part just as true about the alt-coin it was forked from?

I'm really confused by how you guys determine value - If the price of something goes up, that means it's worth more so you... buy?   Or do you sell?  Seems like if it has "potential" you'd want to be buying now, not selling... Right?    

Or did you mean potential to take some newbies money and move on to the next new chain?

Let's Talk Bitcoin! Interviews, News & Analysis released Tuesdays and Saturdays
http://www.LetsTalkBitcoin.com - Listener Mail -> adam@letstalkbitcoin.com
flyingmonkeycrap

Activity: 122
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 07:07:29 AM

In what world did GLD ever have potential? Since day 1 it has been a joke....

Binance Exchange for IOTA, REQ, ETC. 0.05% Fees, good for day trading:
https://www.binance.com/?ref=11613693
r3wt

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 07:13:25 AM

So, it has potential because it's higher priced at .000x?  Compared to what?   And isn't the "hack" part just as true about the alt-coin it was forked from?

I'm really confused by how you guys determine value - If the price of something goes up, that means it's worth more so you... buy?   Or do you sell?  Seems like if it has "potential" you'd want to be buying now, not selling... Right?    

Or did you mean potential to take some newbies money and move on to the next new chain?
i got in a few days late, but i've already built a faucet and i'm sitting on my coins. I do not mine and i was not a part of the premine. i recieved a couple generous donations for starting a faucet. With this being said, i determine the value by the fact that i came on bitcoin talk and said hey i want to sell my gld coin, and within hours was paid .114 Bitcoin for 8k... the only other alt coin i've even considered is digicoin and i got out of that one pretty quick because i prefer GLD. i think that GLD is that coin thats just catchy. I think GLDcoin booms because of its sustainability compared to other Altcoins. It may not ever rival bitcoin, but if i had to bet on an Alt to rival bitcoin i'd pick GLD. Normal people wll equate GLDwith Gold and value. They will equate Yacoin with with Scam, Digicoin with DigitalMonsters and Nerds, and DevCoin is just to damn hard to mine. All others, save litecoin will bite the dust eventually. GLD isn't another pump and dump like the rest. I believe that. I'm holding my coins.

r3wt

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 07:15:57 AM

In what world did GLD ever have potential? Since day 1 it has been a joke....

translation= oh crap, we've got competition. quick lets discredit the guy with 100 posts. Ps, fix this dump of a forum. who runs this place, an idiot? it doesn't even have the go up/go down buttons and you can't even upload attachments. who moderates this place, a group of test monkeys with banana flavored keyboards?

Galimore

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 07:16:21 AM

Not really sure what anyone expected to happen when it hit a small exchange and there were millions stockpiled just waiting to be dumped. Of course the price was going to be extremely low. I had a few stockpiled from when block rewards were absurdly high and I sold the second I saw it on there.
cebb

Activity: 545
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 07:17:02 AM

"Normal people wll equate GLDwith Gold and value. They will equate Yacoin with with Scam, Digicoin with DigitalMonsters and Nerds, and DevCoin is just to damn hard to mine."

Are you still in high school or what?
r3wt

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 07:19:07 AM

"Normal people wll equate GLDwith Gold and value. They will equate Yacoin with with Scam, Digicoin with DigitalMonsters and Nerds, and DevCoin is just to damn hard to mine."

Are you still in high school or what?
Negative, Ghost Rider! A 404 error was encountered when searching for your logic.

saudibull

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 07:20:14 AM

How many times do I have to say it for every coin, everyone sells dirt cheap, kills coin, dead....
r3wt

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 07:22:37 AM

How many times do I have to say it for every coin, everyone sells dirt cheap, kills coin, dead....
This coin is different. Enough is being held by a strategic group of people, who meet in a secret forum and discuss market strategies. They say the exception proves the rule. GLDcoin is the exception.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: