Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 08:42:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: GLDCOIN @ Cryptsy! YAY  (Read 6462 times)
hyoshi

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 07:24:42 AM

Well,
Right now we talk to about 4,000 people twice a week about the ideas, projects, and people powering Bitcoin and are growing at a very fast rate.   If you're a miner who wants to profit by mining these coins, it's in your best interest to try and convince me not to shine a spotlight on your altcoin and tell everyone all the reasons I think it doesn't make any sense as anything other than a scam.

Your choice, I wanted to give the opportunity to respond.  If nobody wants to talk, we'll be pushing up the release date of this story to next week since I won't need to schedule interviews.

GLDcoin sure do a piece. Its hard to make this coin look good TBH.

Some other coins actually have promise. WDC and DGC have a little due to their rapid confirmations but are very vulnerable to attacks. Personally I like bitgem. It has the niche of being very rare. Blocks are .3 btg now and were 3 from the start. Combine that with diff adjustment every block and ppc's 520 confirmations and you have yourself a nice little package. Nothing new of course but a few good features of coins all rolled into a nice little bundle. Secure, Rare, was not instamined to death 15,000 btg in circulation now.

If you do a piece on any others coins let me know I would be happy to defend it if I believe I have valid points. I just dont see a way of doing that with gld. Its just a market coin. When diff soars and blockchain stalls it will be dead. May be a fun ride till then but it will happen

I will agree with mullick here, GLDcoin is hard to defend but other alt-coins are better suited for the spot light, DGC and WDC as mullick mentioned with their fast confirmation times.

My Personal preference is litecoin, being one of the first accepted alt-coins and also bringing new things to the table, slightly faster confirmation times and being ASIC hostile with scrypt helping with decenteralization. All alts as i said help us learn new things about the bitcoin protocol.

Once again china coin is similar to GLDcoin and hard to really bring a good light to it, released on another forum possible pre-mined though i personally haven't read any posts relating to this(haven't searched either as it wasn't around for long enough Cheesy)

Top 3 alts, ya hard one to decide on that  Grin

Nibble is the only non-pre-mined, non-insta-mined coin - period.  No other coin used our difficulty/reward ramp up save for DGC - and DGC came after Nibble.  All other coins were insta-mined to death within hours.

Nibble has only 21,000,000 coins (1/4 of Litecoin, 1/13 of WDC).  It has faster transactions than Bitcoin.  Sub 1 minute transactions don't really improve anything - confirmations are only needed with Bitcoin for large purchases.  Really large purchases are usually never paid for via credit card - rather check, wire etc, and Bitcoin beats all of those methods.

Nibble is the ONLY verified non-scam coin out there released in the last year - end of story.  If fairness, pre-mining etc were so important where are our backers?  Our miners?  Its more profitable than likecoin if you go by recent trades on the boards.

I could have made sub 1 minute blocks - but those coins are easily pwned via many attacks taking advantage of their "speed"

GLDCoin is no more shady than WDC, or Novacoin, or Bitbar, or Litecoin.  And I think GLDCoin will come around once these guys truly promote their coin.  I hope hey all become rich.  So before you point the finger, look at the coin your backing.  
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mullick
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1002

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 07:28:44 AM

I am going to create an exchange that requires your username next to your orders. So we can account for who the hell is selling so low!

I think someone is trying to drive down the price to snatch some more up  Angry Watch that sell order dissapear and everything above it get eaten up until .001

I must have missed this comment the first time I read the thread...

What happened to anonymity with crypto?  If you had the usernames of people selling...what would you do?  Harass them?  Post their names on the forums?  Who the hell are you to tell people what to do with their money?  If people want to sell low, let them.  If you love the coin so much, why aren't you happy for the opportunity to BUY it from them so cheap?

I do not love this coin. It was a joke about the usernames. I wanted everyone to keep the price High until the buy orders met. Simple as that calm down there
aetos

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 08:25:23 AM

Not really sure what anyone expected to happen when it hit a small exchange and there were millions stockpiled just waiting to be dumped. Of course the price was going to be extremely low. I had a few stockpiled from when block rewards were absurdly high and I sold the second I saw it on there.
what price you dumped
xthestig

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 08:27:26 AM

Block rewards are still too high to see a decent price increase, if this had waited for an exchange when it was harder to obtain it might have been good
aetos

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 08:28:30 AM

think of it as a buy  pump not dump those that bought are not stupid:)
keep dumping (~)(O) so people can grab some Smiley
Rannasha

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 08:30:01 AM

Not really sure what anyone expected to happen when it hit a small exchange and there were millions stockpiled just waiting to be dumped. Of course the price was going to be extremely low. I had a few stockpiled from when block rewards were absurdly high and I sold the second I saw it on there.
what price you dumped

I offloaded most of my coins (~50K) between 0.015 mBTC and 0.0165 mBTC (I prefer expressing alt-coin rates in mBTC rather than BTC to avoid confusion due to miscounting number of zeroes Tongue). The price I got was the top of the price range so far (excluding the initial trades that had a combined volume of <500 GLD).
kelsey
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 08:46:31 AM

great its on the exchange, I had a successful day buying in.
don't complain about it being dumped..order up and support it. mining in the pools but not selling, taking advantages of lows and supporting it into the future.
perhan007

Activity: 518

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 08:51:04 AM

At least now we have the proof that gld is a scammy shitcoin
r3wt

Activity: 686
Merit: 504

always the student, never the master.

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 09:35:18 AM

you confuse proof with opinion.

My negative trust rating is reflective of a personal vendetta by someone on default trust.
AZIZ1977

Activity: 476

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 09:56:20 AM

Our goldcoin community isnt here to make quick money and the price for goldcoins is now stable at the same price people were selling them. From here on will we will try to work hard to build up our goldcoin.
just_me

Activity: 420

Jesus Christ Saves Sinners

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 11:41:28 AM

Great News!

I have to wait a week or so to get some more $$$
and I'll be in there buying.

Cheers everyone Grin

Today is the day that the Lord has made, lets be glad and rejoice in it
AZIZ1977

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 11:46:03 AM

Great News!

I have to wait a week or so to get some more $$$
and I'll be in there buying.

Cheers everyone Grin

Nice to hear i am also trying to transfere some money to buy some goldcoins up.
kr4x (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 11:55:08 AM

gldcoin community is full of love Smiley
r3wt

Activity: 686
Merit: 504

always the student, never the master.

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 12:16:19 PM

gldcoin community is full of love Smiley

you got any hosting room on your server? i just registered 1gld.us and need somewhere to host it until i can get it transferred to dreamhost.

My negative trust rating is reflective of a personal vendetta by someone on default trust.
aetos

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 12:57:46 PM

what price you dumped

I offloaded most of my coins (~50K) between 0.015 mBTC and 0.0165 mBTC (I prefer expressing alt-coin rates in mBTC rather than BTC to avoid confusion due to miscounting number of zeroes Tongue). The price I got was the top of the price range so far (excluding the initial trades that had a combined volume of <500 GLD).
hope it worked for you.  if it was not your dump price would be higher now..  at least its up there now to where you sold..  lots were bought  for .0005mbtc  Smiley    not bad..  price wil go up.. rich side is not selling yet
AZIZ1977

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 01:02:31 PM

what price you dumped

hope it worked for you.  if it was not your dump price would be higher now..  at least its up there now to where you sold..  lots were bought  for .0005mbtc  Smiley    not bad..  price wil go up.. rich side is not selling yet

We pledged not to sell our coins and it looks everybody did what he promised. It seems the goldcoin community is still trying to buy up the coins. Everyday i am seeing more people join the goldcoin community and praising it for their efforts. Keep up the good job goldcoiners. 
BitshireHashaway

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2013, 03:18:20 PM

great its on the exchange, I had a successful day buying in.
don't complain about it being dumped..order up and support it. mining in the pools but not selling, taking advantages of lows and supporting it into the future.

And when people are done dumping the price will go up:)
BitshireHashaway

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2013, 03:18:30 PM

you confuse proof with opinion.

+1 yup. where is your proof?
BitshireHashaway

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2013, 03:19:16 PM

what price you dumped

We pledged not to sell our coins and it looks everybody did what he promised. It seems the goldcoin community is still trying to buy up the coins. Everyday i am seeing more people join the goldcoin community and praising it for their efforts. Keep up the good job goldcoiners. 

I still have my entire stack & am purchasing it up. Thanks for the support. There are obviously those people who stocked up large amounts and sold it when the exchange came, it happened with the other alt coins and now we need to build up now that those peopela re done selling.
kr4x (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 03:20:07 PM

I also got my heavy stock so let them folks talk shit, jealousy sucks
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: