Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 08:05:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Help 4 friend. script multiple payments via list of addresses  (Read 996 times)
r3wt (OP)

Activity: 686
Merit: 504

always the student, never the master.

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 04:42:05 AM

he is currently running a bitcoin faucet script he downloaded from god knows where. he got hacked, and his money was drained. in order to advert this, he has decided he wants to manually send then via his home computer. i've already scripted it up to save the addresses to a text file he can login to the admin interface and copy and paste into a script. i do not know the first thing about the bitcoin client, and i was wondering if it were possible to script multiple payments by copying the addresses into a config file or some type of script. he lost almost everything but is willing to make a donation to anyone who can help solve this problem.

My negative trust rating is reflective of a personal vendetta by someone on default trust.
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
scintill

Activity: 448
Merit: 254

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2013, 10:03:37 PM

The "sendmany" RPC command is what you want.  I think the default "account name" is just an empty string.  So if your script can generate a command like
Code:
sendmany '' '{"1qkfasdf...":0.01,"1ert90lO...":0.01}'
, in new bitcoin-qt clients you can paste that into the debug console (Help > Debug window > Console) and it should send the specified amounts to the specified addresses, in one transaction.

1SCiN5kqkAbxxwesKMsH9GvyWnWP5YK2W | donations
r3wt (OP)

Activity: 686
Merit: 504

always the student, never the master.

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 10:31:36 PM

The "sendmany" RPC command is what you want.  I think the default "account name" is just an empty string.  So if your script can generate a command like
Code:
sendmany '' '{"1qkfasdf...":0.01,"1ert90lO...":0.01}'
, in new bitcoin-qt clients you can paste that into the debug console (Help > Debug window > Console) and it should send the specified amounts to the specified addresses, in one transaction.

thanks man! you have given me a great idea how to accomplish this in a way where my client can login, copy the script from a text field that loads the file, paste it into the console and then clear the text file and save it. thanks again so much!!! pm me where to send a donation.

My negative trust rating is reflective of a personal vendetta by someone on default trust.
scintill

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2013, 12:38:16 AM

thanks man! you have given me a great idea how to accomplish this in a way where my client can login, copy the script from a text field that loads the file, paste it into the console and then clear the text file and save it. thanks again so much!!! pm me where to send a donation.

No problem, and thank you for the donation!  I will PM.  I will try to help if you have further questions.  One thing I am not sure of is accounts, but I know there is a "listaccounts" command to see the balances of the accounts and "move" to move a sum from one account to another (not a blockchain transaction, just bookkeeping within the client.)  The page I linked has information on those commands.

Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
May 25, 2013, 12:43:57 AM

Just be careful not to have repeated addresses on the list or it will fail.
scintill

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2013, 12:57:07 AM

Just be careful not to have repeated addresses on the list or it will fail.

Good point, you would have to sum up repeated address payouts first.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: