Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 12:01:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ICO is officially banned in China !!!  (Read 11272 times)
bitorama

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 07:26:27 PM

I don't think that China will ban bitcoins, the targets are scam ICOs. Blockchain tech is the future, China won't miss it.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
aeternus

Activity: 686
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 08:19:31 PM

Good thing they didn't ban the Internet itself by this point. Oh wait, they pretty much did.

ICO are a bad idea and most of them are either scams or leave the investor with the same result. Chinese government seems to ban anything with possible bad effects on people, so I am not surprised.
I think this is going to calm down somewhat the current ico craze that we have, but at the same time people that really want to invest in those projects will find a way, that is basically what they are doing with bitcoin they like bitcoin because it allows them to bypass current restrictions that are in place in China.
monocolor

Activity: 766
Merit: 621

Own ONION

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2017, 08:27:09 PM

Good news that ICO banned. I hope it is banned everywhere, at least going through a formal process (like those IPO through SEC). There are way too many scams there (in fact, most ICOs are scams).

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
.....DeepVault.....
....Blockchain File Signatures....
...deeponion.org...
Adbitco

Activity: 1428
Merit: 653

Always Act Smart and Play Safe With Your Funds

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2017, 08:41:24 PM

Good news that ICO banned. I hope it is banned everywhere, at least going through a formal process (like those IPO through SEC). There are way too many scams there (in fact, most ICOs are scams).
I agree most of them are nothing but scam. The people behind such scam ICOs use it as a tool to make money. I think nobody needs so many coins, they don't even have any practical use. I think after China many more countries are going to ban ICOs and even if they are not banning it they will definitely have some strict rules and regulations for ICOs and there should be one I think.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
8270thNinja

Activity: 210

busy in real life, long post gap is understandable

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 12:32:46 AM

Have you read the news about china's mining bitmain is fundraising for $50 million USD? can we connect this news why china banned ICOs? I think it's really connected, we can see that china is working hard to be a center of bitcoin mining.
xaviervilla

Activity: 350

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 12:41:43 AM

Oh my gosh! This is really shocking! I never really thought that this could ever happen to any country! Specially china where a lot of people loved crypto currencies! Plus all the rumors that cryptos are getting widely accepted in that country. Damn! Who would've thought? Well, maybe people there over did it and started abusing the things crypto currencies could do that's why the government needed to take action. I just hope there ain't no hidden agendas with this decision.
mrcash02

Activity: 1190
Merit: 525

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 12:48:51 AM

Why is it good? China government is putting his nose where it shouldn't. Nobody forces anyone to invest on those ICOs. These "fraudulent" ICOs you say are like a game and the players know about the risks. People say ICOs are pure speculation, well, for many people Bitcoin is pure speculation too, should it be banned too?

Everything the government wants is a piece of the cake. I heared if you want to run your ICO you need to inform all the details to the government, ask permission, this kind of stuff... Just because they want some profit, step by step centralizing even more the Crypto-Currency world.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
K73YWCPX

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 12:55:43 AM

I must say I am a newbie at this and today's decline has shaken me. Hopefully things will get better
Fourgh

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 01:08:10 AM

Thanks for the informtion.
China would have been a good market for an ICO since they have the numbers in terms of population.
I think the government is just making measures to protect their people form investing their money on online investments (especially on cryptocurrency)  not controlled or regulated by their government.

DoublerHunter

Activity: 2590
Merit: 644

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 01:08:34 AM

I must say I am a newbie at this and today's decline has shaken me. Hopefully things will get better
As a newbie you should get used to this decline and you must take advantage of the decline in the market because you can buy a lot of bitcoin and altcoins to save some money and you can get a higher profit if the decline is gone. This is normal in cryptocurrency world to see a huge decline or rise in the market so just get used to see this always.
chixka000

Activity: 910
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 01:17:56 AM

This is really affecting the market. However I am not a fan of ICO as well. I just cant see its worth. Chinese government is really up to something(they also do control everything from their people)
tranle789

Activity: 224

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 01:26:44 AM

Oh my gosh! This is really shocking! I never really thought that this could ever happen to any country! Specially china where a lot of people loved crypto currencies! Plus all the rumors that cryptos are getting widely accepted in that country. Damn! Who would've thought? Well, maybe people there over did it and started abusing the things crypto currencies could do that's why the government needed to take action. I just hope there ain't no hidden agendas with this decision.
For me. China is trying to manipulate all of the Cryptoucurrency market with this news but my view is different. I am sure China has planned from the start to make many investors panic and sell all the assets makes all altcoin also discounted by and China will buy it cheaply
roomfirst

Activity: 516
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 01:29:36 AM

For me. China is trying to manipulate all of the Cryptoucurrency market with this news but my view is different. I am sure China has planned from the start to make many investors panic and sell all the assets makes all altcoin also discounted by and China will buy it cheaply

Why manipulate lol, it's official news though from China. Because of this news China banned ICO, so many cryptocurrency price fall and bleeding even bitcoin too. God damn China, when the bad news come, the price always suddenly dropped so hard. It means China has a big part of the bitcoin community.
sosobtc-Regina

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 02:09:37 AM

Because most of ICOs are only for money,Bad money drives out good is happening to ICO ,so government must pay much attention on it.But I think only regulation can guarantee the long-term healthy development in the industry.
pushups44

Activity: 854
Merit: 281

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 02:41:31 AM

Clearly there needs to be more regulation and oversight regarding cryptocurrencies around the world. On the other hand, there are legitimate projects that should be recognized as such. Hopefully China and other countries will find a happy medium between regulating cryptocurrencies and allowing them to revolutionize the economy.
HabBear

Activity: 1106
Merit: 637

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2017, 03:54:03 AM

When Paris Hilton is involved in an ICO it's time to sell this shit. Seriously, guys, the ICOs are a mirage. Don't get let holding the empty bag!

Couldn't agree more with the sentiments shared below.

Cheers to the Chinese Government for trying to do something to keep people safe from the scams that exist.

99% of these ICOs are cancer, and people advertising them are greedy idiots. Nice going China, time for EU, Japan and Russia to follow and shut down the bullshit sales (e.g. Bancor, StorJ, Civx, etc.).

Loving this part.

2000% agree.

I love the part too. Binance is gonna suffer...
BTC becomes a rare asset now in China... happy those who put their hands on some of the coins before this ban.
4yma

Activity: 147
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 05:19:29 AM

You need to make a token provided with a product. Tokens based on dividends and promises must undergo strict verification.
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2017, 06:54:06 AM

2000% agree.

I love the part too. Binance is gonna suffer...
BTC becomes a rare asset now in China... happy those who put their hands on some of the coins before this ban.
We all know that these ICOs operate in gray areas of the law, but the problem primarily stems from: 1) A huge amount of money flowing into them. 2) A huge amount of money flowing into scam ICOs like Bancor or similar. Obviously they would and should be shut down.

When Paris Hilton is involved in an ICO it's time to sell this shit. Seriously, guys, the ICOs are a mirage. Don't get let holding the empty bag!
When I was commenting that, I was stating "When people with 50 IQ are pumping random ICOs with a lot of buzzwords, then it's a sure warning sign; exit the market". The ICO that she mentioned uses all the fucking scam buzzwords, "AI", "big data", "marketing cloud", "blockchain". The team behind that project is pathetically stupid.

Cheers to the Chinese Government for trying to do something to keep people safe from the scams that exist.
Next is Japan, EU and Australia and we can continue with a normal market (hopefully).

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
kenkoy

Activity: 126

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 07:10:29 AM

Cryptocurrency market is volatile and uncertain. I think China is just protecting its citizen from the fraud and scams brought by untrusted ICOs. Their government needs to figure out how to deal with ICO legally so they have stopped it.

DRAFTCOINS ║║█ CRYPTO PORTFOLIO COMPETITIONS █║║ ANN THREAD
1) Create an account   2) Draft your crypto portfolio   3) Win prizes
[Twitter]▬[Facebook]▬▬▬
Nivir

Activity: 868
Merit: 506

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 07:22:25 AM

This is the reason why bitcoin and most of the altcoins are dropping right now but on the other hand it gives us an opportunity to buy coins when their prices are low. It is just sad that China banned the ICO but maybe their government just protected themselves from fraud and all.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: