Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 01:08:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New high volume exchange opening May 30?  (Read 636 times)
gandhibt (OP)

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 06:46:15 AM

Have you heard of this? In their website it says that they are opening on May 30 and: "BTC.uy can easily handle from 300,000 to several millions of transactions per second. That's 10,000 times more trading volume per second than the industry leader."

https://btcglobal.net/products/btc.uy-exchange

bud trust 1JiRNiERPTVZEhaVcKWbLLHHyCLRaa7nxB

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
RogerDodger

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 06:57:23 AM

Sounds interesting, definitely going to check it out. Thanks for the link.
r3wt

Activity: 686
Merit: 504

always the student, never the master.

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 07:02:26 AM

cool cool. next website to be banned in the us.

My negative trust rating is reflective of a personal vendetta by someone on default trust.
proatlon

Activity: 20

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 07:06:53 AM

This is equating server ability with trading volume. How can we know the volume of an exchange that hasn't opened yet?

In any case, the link looks fishy, so I haven't clicked it.
gandhibt (OP)

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 07:07:47 AM

They say also this: "BTC.uy will never shut down. We have a close relationship with the Uruguayan financial sector and government. While trading platforms continue to close for failing to jump through legal hoops, those managing the rules in Uruguay hold us by the hand and make sure we're doing everything right—they want to be a center for bitcoin trading."

Sounds good, but I want to see it working.

r3wt

Activity: 686
Merit: 504

always the student, never the master.

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 07:17:37 AM

This is equating server ability with trading volume. How can we know the volume of an exchange that hasn't opened yet?

I clicked it. its a legit website. lots of hyperbole. i'd like to see if they can back up the claims they make though. says in the corner sidebar they are backed by the Uruguayan Govt and the project is 56percent complete

My negative trust rating is reflective of a personal vendetta by someone on default trust.
RogerDodger

Activity: 14

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 07:20:42 AM

They say also this: "BTC.uy will never shut down. We have a close relationship with the Uruguayan financial sector and government. While trading platforms continue to close for failing to jump through legal hoops, those managing the rules in Uruguay hold us by the hand and make sure we're doing everything right—they want to be a center for bitcoin trading."

Agreed. Hopefully they will have a beta version accessible like Kraken.

Their language sounds a bit to cocksure for my taste ("BTC.uy will never shut down." - really?), but whatever. All in all the site and parent company look legit enough.
marykay

Activity: 12

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 07:25:00 AM

sounds interesting
gandhibt (OP)

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 07:32:47 AM

Agreed. Hopefully they will have a beta version accessible like Kraken.

Their language sounds a bit to cocksure for my taste ("BTC.uy will never shut down." - really?), but whatever. All in all the site and parent company look legit enough.

Beta version would be good. Cocksure indeed, but they have a point. It's not good to trade in lag when you could do a lot of money.

pilotniq

Activity: 31

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 08:00:27 AM

A key point is how money is transferred to/from their site.

The main problem with exchanges like Mt. Gox today is the delays and fees in transferring fiat currency to their sites. Ironically, this highlights the advantage of Bitcoin in bypassing banks for international transactions.

In Europe, SEPA works fairly well. I hope the new exchange will have a SEPA 'gateway' like Mt. Gox has in Poland.

gandhibt (OP)

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 08:14:14 AM

A key point is how money is transferred to/from their site.

The main problem with exchanges like Mt. Gox today is the delays and fees in transferring fiat currency to their sites. Ironically, this highlights the advantage of Bitcoin in bypassing banks for international transactions.

In Europe, SEPA works fairly well. I hope the new exchange will have a SEPA 'gateway' like Mt. Gox has in Poland.

That's a good point. SEPA is must have if exchange wants to be the best.

proatlon

Activity: 20

View Profile
May 25, 2013, 05:13:28 AM

I clicked it. its a legit website. lots of hyperbole. i'd like to see if they can back up the claims they make though. says in the corner sidebar they are backed by the Uruguayan Govt and the project is 56percent complete

Checked it out. Still seems kinda shady. Guess time will tell. I googled this and found this reddit posting awhile back: http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1dkql3/

Some guy from the company answers questions.
TheGovernedSelf

Activity: 102
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 25, 2013, 05:17:23 AM

Doesn't matter. Gox has had very low volume the last couple weeks.
animan

Activity: 39

View Profile
May 25, 2013, 05:19:28 AM

The website says its in pre-launch. 58% progress/completion Smiley
umair135

Activity: 6

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2013, 06:03:04 AM

How you do know its a high volume?
alkuluku

Activity: 110
Merit: 10

🙏

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2013, 06:05:01 AM

My thoughts exactly.

01BTC10
VIP

Activity: 756
Merit: 503

View Profile
May 25, 2013, 06:11:57 AM

Tried to pre-register and only central/south american country in register form.

BTC.uy open platform in May 2013 - we are accepting pre-registrations for users from the following countries:Argentina - Brazil - Chile - Uruguay (Argentina * Accounts can have limited capabilities.)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: