Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 03:41:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Lost around 5BTC in 2013... Time to start again  (Read 1900 times)
Mike Mayor

Activity: 966
Merit: 535

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 09:21:15 PM

hehehe....i believe you specaulating you lost 20000$ worth BTC but thats not completely truth because back there that was just around 1000$ which equal 0.25BTC today. What if BTC today wouldnt be wort a penny would you care that you lost 5BTC in 2013? So leave the regrets behind and jump on BTC rocket! You might will have 20 x fold in value by 2021!

So back in 2012 / 2013 I was quite involved with the Crypto scene, and invested in a mining rig (good old days!) After around a year or so, I managed to mine LTC, trade BTC etc and had somewhere in the region of 5BTC. As the prices all started to plummet, I turned the rig to a desktop computer and stupidly left all of my coins in Cryptsy. Easily done for someone who understood the basic fundamentals of the Crypto world, but not all of the security to go with it.

I managed to recover about 0.2BTC from old wallets etc, and although kicking myself that I could have a life changing amount of money, I've come to a conclusion that I just need to build a bridge and start again!

My question to you all is have you ever experienced anything like this? How did you find the motivation to start again? And what do you think are the best ways nowadays (as i'm 4 years out of touch) at getting back to that milestone of 1BTC in my wallet?

Thanks,

I have Bitcoin is worth 29x more ny 2021. Who knows what will happen. Yes when this happened it was only worth $1000 and now it is $20000. Maybe he would have sold it and not even kept it till now. It is hard not to kick yourself though I can understand that. I lost $1500 decently from scam site etheruem-wallet.  It's not nice it's horrible. It makes me so angry.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Skyborn

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 09:39:31 PM

I feel for you man buy you are not the only one. There are a load of people who also had alot of bitcoins early on but sold them or bought pizza's with them. Learn from this mistake and move forward. You don't want to be kicking yourself again when  bitcoin hits 10k!
cybersofts
Copper Member

Activity: 658
Merit: 284

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 10:47:14 PM

Was just like you, I started in early 2013 and left after the "Silk Road" seizure when the bitcoin value went to hell.
The time I left the bitcoin I sold all my bitcoins thinking that is the end for bitcoin, but I was wrong! Now am back trying to make a decent living with bitcoin.
Hang in there, put yourself together, and take some time to watch videos for bitcoin success story on YouTube that will be enough to get your motivation back.
MissionPhailed

Activity: 583
Merit: 503

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 11:24:23 PM

Losing 5BTC is quite a lot. I've left crypto on exchanges (Cryptsy, BTC-e, Bittrex) for multiple years but dodged the bullet through pure luck. The incident with BTC-e.com finally motivated me to do something about security by withdrawing the bulk of my crypto from exchanges and setting up an own wallet. And how to reach the milestone of 1 BTC again? Well, you could buy 1 BTC but the price is quite significant these days to say the least. I'd say a combination of a relative small purchase (0,1 BTC?), trading and work that gets paid in Bitcoin.
Skieleton

Activity: 686
Merit: 282

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 11:40:05 PM

Have you lost your wallet key / password? 1 BTC is already something, proposes to invest in a good altcoin Smiley.
Ewox

Activity: 812
Merit: 253

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 11:46:26 PM

I would start where I left off and would as much as possible correct my mistakes for whatever reason why you lost the 5 btc. But the question is, are you still going to mine just like before or what kind of strategy are you going to apply this time to earn bitcoins, make a plan first before jumping into the water. Anyways I wish you good luck and welcome back to the cryptoworld!
jseverson

Activity: 1834
Merit: 759

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 01:14:53 AM

Wow, I can only imagine how you feel. But hey, it sounds like you have an intensive background. Starting over should be a cinch for you! It's never too late, and you might as well start sooner rather than later. Good luck mate!

BChydro

Activity: 1426
Merit: 506

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 08:41:42 PM

My question to you all is have you ever experienced anything like this? How did you find the motivation to start again? And what do you think are the best ways nowadays (as i'm 4 years out of touch) at getting back to that milestone of 1BTC in my wallet?
These sort of situation happened to everyone who started early and i have invested more coins in cloud mining sites and other sort of mining and have left out thousands of dollars worth of coins in many sites which are not active at the moment because things were not serious during those time and i did manage to keep mining in the mean time and now i am happy with my situation.
Soros Shorts
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1617
Merit: 1011

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 10:15:09 PM

Just ask you a simple question, why did you lose your 5 bitcoin. What was the reason? Did someone steal or hacked or you sell it out on a very low price and now you are telling us that you have lost 5 bitcoin in 2013. And if you or someone else has really lost his bitcoin then nothing to worry, because investing in coins Is like gambling. Some time you will win and sometime you will lose. Try again and you will succeed.

My guess is that he stored his 5 BTC on Cryptsy end never withdrew them at the time they collapsed. You keep hearing this over and over again.
CryptoBeefy

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 10:22:07 PM

Had that happened to me my motivation would be the money! You know you've done it before, you know investing time into BTC was worth it as it would of been a life changing amount nowadays, so if you fall off that horse, you just gotta get back on it.
FasTroy

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 10:36:40 PM

It's too bad.   Angry  But this is not the end of the world, there is a lot of peoples are lost their private keys in the past and they have a high number of bitcoin in their wallets. So start from the beginning again, now you have much more experience about crypto and bitcoin, so i hope that you will get 5 btc or more in a fast period.
Good luck.

olushakes

Activity: 476
Merit: 254

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 10:40:43 PM

Starting all over should just not be a big deal for someone who has been in the industry before and understanding how the industry works with it's challenges and opportunities. And good that trading is just the surest way to achieve it as any other means is not as potent as that other than trading, every other means is struggle to the best of my thinking.
Insanerman

Activity: 1162
Merit: 450

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 01:06:10 AM

Was just like you, I started in early 2013 and left after the "Silk Road" seizure when the bitcoin value went to hell.
The time I left the bitcoin I sold all my bitcoins thinking that is the end for bitcoin, but I was wrong! Now am back trying to make a decent living with bitcoin.
Hang in there, put yourself together, and take some time to watch videos for bitcoin success story on YouTube that will be enough to get your motivation back.

Glad to hear that you are an early adopter of bitcoin. Maybe before bitcoin is not yet popular and seems no future for it adding that it is used in fraud and other illegal activities.

To OP, 5 BTC now is too much already now, it gone so much appreciation but still its not not late. think its  still too early to invest in bitcoin.
andrew24p

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 01:12:55 AM

I still believe that in the grand scheme of things were still very undervalued, even if we just have a single use case as a store of value, so its never too late to join and start up again. I joined in 2012 and I was a poor college kid at the time so I could only buy 5 with all the money I had. The key is to keep buying over a period of time. I wont ever be worth 100 million from bitcoin, but I believe if I hold enough I could have a comfortable life living off dividends and holding bitcoin partially.

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█                                                                                                                         █
█                                                                                                                         █
█          ██     ██       ▄█▄        ██        ██     ▄██████▄    ██████████    ████████    ██████▄                      █
█          ██     ██       ███        ██        ██     ██     ██       ██        ██          ██    ██                     █
█          ██     ██      ██ ██       ███      ███     ██     ██       ██        ██          ██    ██                     █
█          ██     ██     ▄██ ██▄      ████    ████     ██              ██        ██          ██    ██                     █
█          █████████     ██   ██      ██ ██  ██ ██      ▀█████▄        ██        ███████     ██   ▄█▀                     █
█          ██     ██     ██   ██      ██  █▄▄█  ██            ██       ██        ██          █████                        █
█          ██     ██    ▄███████▄     ██  ████  ██     ██     ██       ██        ██          ██   ██                      █
█          ██     ██    ██     ██     ██   ██   ██     ██     ██       ██        ██          ██    ██                     █
█          ██     ██    ██     ██     ██   ██   ██     ▀██████▀        ██        ████████    ██     ██                    █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
M   A   R   K   E   T   P   L  A   C   E  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

The first token offering total buyback
─────❯❯❯ICO Starts : 28th of November 2017❮❮❮─────

❖TWITTER
❖TELEGRAM
❖WHITEPAPER
❖FACEBOOK
❖ANN THREAD
SLACK
Drizzlepistol

Activity: 134
Merit: 100

Decentralized Ascending Auctions on Blockchain

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 01:21:36 AM

So back in 2012 / 2013 I was quite involved with the Crypto scene, and invested in a mining rig (good old days!) After around a year or so, I managed to mine LTC, trade BTC etc and had somewhere in the region of 5BTC. As the prices all started to plummet, I turned the rig to a desktop computer and stupidly left all of my coins in Cryptsy. Easily done for someone who understood the basic fundamentals of the Crypto world, but not all of the security to go with it.

I managed to recover about 0.2BTC from old wallets etc, and although kicking myself that I could have a life changing amount of money, I've come to a conclusion that I just need to build a bridge and start again!

Thanks,
so you want x5 your money. hard to say the how to do that because many coin had raised too much.
I have lost 20/25 btc for trading in 2014. but still believe everything will comeback. so I just buy some altcoin I think good in that time.

iBid     ▐     Decentralized Auctions on Blockchain    (    About us    Telegram   )
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬             AN  AUCTION    ❱   All auctions start at     $0

[  ◥   Google Play      ◥   App Store  ]   ██ SIGN UP ██        with no minimum reserve
grinty789 (OP)

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 08:00:42 AM

Thanks,
Just ask you a simple question, why did you lose your 5 bitcoin. What was the reason? Did someone steal or hacked or you sell it out on a very low price and now you are telling us that you have lost 5 bitcoin in 2013. And if you or someone else has really lost his bitcoin then nothing to worry, because investing in coins Is like gambling. Some time you will win and sometime you will lose. Try again and you will succeed.

I stupidly left my BTC in Cryptsy, before properly understanding the security risks associated with doing such a thing.
LodisMcguire

Activity: 546
Merit: 261

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 08:11:25 AM

Well i don't have any experience with lost coin,but i do have regret for leaving crypto in 2014 because the price is drop hard
So now i don't have a choice but to start over,i mean there is no harm in doing it and i can make profit too if i do this right
grinty789 (OP)

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 08:33:06 AM

You have to believe in your ability, know everyone who has a good future of course he must have experienced a failure or loss, but this is where you should be more excited and learn from your failures so it does not happen again in the future, I'm sure. . You can start it again and learn from your previous experience, do not forget I say this welcome back in bitcoin world

Thank you for the positive comments! I'm starting again with some minor trading of alt coins etc, and slowly but surely i'm building it back up! Smiley   
Mkmanik

Activity: 986
Merit: 516

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 09:20:57 AM

I feel for you man buy you are not the only one. There are a load of people who also had alot of bitcoins early on but sold them or bought pizza's with them. Learn from this mistake and move forward. You don't want to be kicking yourself again when  bitcoin hits 10k!

I am also one of them.Till now I earned about 3 BTC but from that Bitcoin, I have 0 Bitcoin now.I used all of them for various uses. I sold them for needed money.I used them for buy mobile recharge.I used them for buying VPS, VPN now sometimes also buy VPS.But now if I have those coin I can lead a good life and I can start a real life business with them...
Now I am trying to hold Bitcoin daily, next time I don't want to be the fool.e]
grinty789 (OP)

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 09:24:22 AM

hehehe....i believe you specaulating you lost 20000$ worth BTC but thats not completely truth because back there that was just around 1000$ which equal 0.25BTC today. What if BTC today wouldnt be wort a penny would you care that you lost 5BTC in 2013? So leave the regrets behind and jump on BTC rocket! You might will have 20 x fold in value by 2021!

I get what you're saying, and everyone will eventually regret selling early. I think the best thing to do is to set a goal, sell when you hit the goal and be happy with it. I know whoever spent 10000BTC on pizza will be kicking themselves, but back then it would have been amazing to get free pizza! It's one of them things, but i'll set my goals, hold and sell when I know i'll be happy with the outcome!
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: