Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 09:29:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Lost around 5BTC in 2013... Time to start again  (Read 1900 times)
grinty789 (OP)

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 09:36:56 AM

This is so sad to read 5 btc with today value and ever rising prices it will increase that's a huge loss. What you can do is move on and start once more, see the motivation is the rising price and financial freedom, see if you want to earn Bitcoins it will be small but will grow as per your Rank and efforts. Enroll in a signature campaign that will help you earn some coins quickly, if you can sell some services or products then you can do that here. It will take time but stick to it and you shall reap good benefits just this time don't mess up and use a strong wallet not exchanges to store coins.  

One thing that's a certainty is that I won't be storing on exchanges anymore!! Thanks for the motivation Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
grinty789 (OP)

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 09:48:16 AM

Well i don't have any experience with lost coin,but i do have regret for leaving crypto in 2014 because the price is drop hard
So now i don't have a choice but to start over,i mean there is no harm in doing it and i can make profit too if i do this right

Much like me I guess! Just a few years behind, but still understand the ins and outs! Onwards and upwards!
aanbudi

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 09:48:58 AM

Thankful I have never experienced that. I just saved a bit of Bitcoin and chose not to use it. And how can you lose 5BTC. 5 Bitcoin is a huge amount for this year. I hope you can start from the beginning by forgetting the bad memories.
polylogic

Activity: 546
Merit: 254

ʕʘ̅͜ʘ̅ʔ

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 09:58:51 AM

last year i formated some hdd with the keystore of 1000 shift, that was my lesson to always back up the private keys
as long as you stay in the game a are active you will earn. keep it up and dreams may come true. i also started with nothing but came a long way.
dont look back.. look into the future!

.Presale LIVE..Crypto Visa EU OUT NOW.✔ ◾ Bonus Payments.
Cashback ✔ ◾ Rainshowers ✔ ◾ Ambassador Bounty
Founding the next way of banking D E Z E N T R A L I Z E D

|

2gether.global

|

AI optimized
Community driven
Personal banking

❌ VFA Approved
✅ ERC-20 Token
⚠⚠ Join presale now!

Website
Twitter
BTCT ANN
tyuner4

Activity: 322
Merit: 179

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 10:16:32 AM

Sorry to hear about your losses. For me, the motivation is to think of the future of Bitcoin and you will have the energy to go on.
All the best to you and hope you work hard to get 5 BTC back soon.
jilani

Activity: 244
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 10:21:27 AM

Oh no its really very sad news for you.I think its better to forgot the past.5BTC means big amount at this moment.Now you have to come back newly.Now You can hold good potential coins for future.
grinty789 (OP)

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 10:28:52 AM

Thankful I have never experienced that. I just saved a bit of Bitcoin and chose not to use it. And how can you lose 5BTC. 5 Bitcoin is a huge amount for this year. I hope you can start from the beginning by forgetting the bad memories.

I lost it simply by not understanding the security side of things 4 years ago. I was quite involved with all the technical side of things, mining etc but never really thought about the security side of things. All a learning curve I guess!
DoublerHunter

Activity: 2590
Merit: 644

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 11:50:29 AM

It is alright if you lose around 5 bitcoins but if you will compute it then it is already a high amount of money but it is not too late to get into bitcoin again because you can still make and earn bitcoins in the future because it takes hard work and determination before you get that 5 bitcoins again and i believe that anyone can have that characteristics.
lighpulsar07

Activity: 518
Merit: 271

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 12:12:02 PM

So back in 2012 / 2013 I was quite involved with the Crypto scene, and invested in a mining rig (good old days!) After around a year or so, I managed to mine LTC, trade BTC etc and had somewhere in the region of 5BTC. As the prices all started to plummet, I turned the rig to a desktop computer and stupidly left all of my coins in Cryptsy. Easily done for someone who understood the basic fundamentals of the Crypto world, but not all of the security to go with it.

I managed to recover about 0.2BTC from old wallets etc, and although kicking myself that I could have a life changing amount of money, I've come to a conclusion that I just need to build a bridge and start again!

My question to you all is have you ever experienced anything like this? How did you find the motivation to start again? And what do you think are the best ways nowadays (as i'm 4 years out of touch) at getting back to that milestone of 1BTC in my wallet?

Thanks,
welcome back to cryptoworld mate after 5 years just asking is your coins left in crpytsy? did you sell all your coin or just left it there until the cryptsy shut down the service? imagine that you still your 5 btc today have 20k dollars! good thing you have recovered 0.2btc in your wallets to start with i hope this time you will not leave the cryptospace good luck!
grinty789 (OP)

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 12:23:48 PM

welcome back to cryptoworld mate after 5 years just asking is your coins left in crpytsy? did you sell all your coin or just left it there until the cryptsy shut down the service? imagine that you still your 5 btc today have 20k dollars! good thing you have recovered 0.2btc in your wallets to start with i hope this time you will not leave the cryptospace good luck!

Thank you! I left the coins in Cryptsy just to "come back to them later" after seeing the price crash etc. As I mention, I was quite involved with the technical side of things but stupidly didn't take too much notice about the security side of things. It's a shame, it really is, but I gotta start building back up. At the moment, i'm trading alts and will continue to do so until I hold a nice amount of BTC. I'm also going to look into the signature campaigns etc, as every little helps!
newguy05

Activity: 1316
Merit: 503

Someone is sitting in the shade today...

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2017, 05:10:35 PM

It is not a small amount of money they you left but good to hear that you start again. It is the easy way to start again where you stopped.

▄██████
       ▄████████
     ▄██████████
   ▄█▀     █████
 ▄███      █████
█████      ███████████████████████████
█████                           ████▀
█████                           ██▀
█████                          ▄▀   
██████████████████████████████▀
████████████████████████████▀
L I N K
by BLOCKMASON

..CREATE WEB APIS........
..FROM ANY SMART........
..CONTRACT.........................

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█                     █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄              █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

READ THE
WHITEPAPER

>>>

▄          █▄                         ▄
██▄        ███▄                     ▄██
████▄      █████▄                 ▄████
██████▄    ███████▄             ▄██████
████████▄   ▀███████▄         ▄███████▀
██████████▄   ▀███████▄     ▄███████▀
████████████▄   ▀███████▄ ▄███████▀  
██████████████▄   ▀█████████████▀   ▄██
████████████████▄   ▀█████████▀   ▄████
██████████████████▄   ▀█████▀   ▄██████
████████████████████▄   ▀█▀   ▄████████
BLOCKMASON
BUILDING THE FUTURE

FACEBOOK
REDDIT
TWITTER

LINKEDIN
GITHUB
MEDIUM
vintages

Activity: 966
Merit: 153

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 05:20:54 PM

In as much as Bitcoin is really the deal, this is one of the issue that use to make me think otherwise sometimes.
I remember last year, I forget my password and pass phrase to my bitcoin. Its quite painful I can't recover it back till now. All I had to do was to move on.
OP, you have to move on, I know it hurts knowing how much you might have missed but this is something out of our control.
grinty789 (OP)

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 05:24:09 PM

In as much as Bitcoin is really the deal, this is one of the issue that use to make me think otherwise sometimes.
I remember last year, I forget my password and pass phrase to my bitcoin. Its quite painful I can't recover it back till now. All I had to do was to move on.
OP, you have to move on, I know it hurts knowing how much you might have missed but this is something out of our control.

I'm seeing it as a learning curve. It's not so much I regret losing the 5btc, obviously it sucks, but if I saw BTC hit 1k I may have sold. Too many ifs and buts, however it's all a learning curve, and it's taught me a massive amount!
oegarod

Activity: 602
Merit: 252

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 05:24:50 PM

That's a sad story with the Op. None could have thought that bitcoin will grow to such a bigger price. With such a thinking he could have left. Now the reality might have made him to try to recover and get a life changing experience as the price keeps on increasing and reach higher prices.
ropyu1978

Activity: 1904
Merit: 510

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 05:37:49 PM

So back in 2012 / 2013 I was quite involved with the Crypto scene, and invested in a mining rig (good old days!) After around a year or so, I managed to mine LTC, trade BTC etc and had somewhere in the region of 5BTC. As the prices all started to plummet, I turned the rig to a desktop computer and stupidly left all of my coins in Cryptsy. Easily done for someone who understood the basic fundamentals of the Crypto world, but not all of the security to go with it.

I managed to recover about 0.2BTC from old wallets etc, and although kicking myself that I could have a life changing amount of money, I've come to a conclusion that I just need to build a bridge and start again!

My question to you all is have you ever experienced anything like this? How did you find the motivation to start again? And what do you think are the best ways nowadays (as i'm 4 years out of touch) at getting back to that milestone of 1BTC in my wallet?

Thanks,

I guess it's just a matter of time. nothing is too late for that.
I experienced as you told me. but I try to re-engage with bitcoin. I explore knowledge again, day by day. and to date. I can enjoy a bit of the bounty of bitcoin.
grinty789 (OP)

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 06:35:27 AM

Sorry to hear about your losses. For me, the motivation is to think of the future of Bitcoin and you will have the energy to go on.
All the best to you and hope you work hard to get 5 BTC back soon.

I'll hit the milestones soon mate!
jostorres

Activity: 2464
Merit: 585

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 12:26:29 PM

You have to believe in your ability, know everyone who has a good future of course he must have experienced a failure or loss, but this is where you should be more excited and learn from your failures so it does not happen again in the future, I'm sure. . You can start it again and learn from your previous experience, do not forget I say this welcome back in bitcoin world

Well, back in 2015 when I got into Bitcoin, I actually lost about $15 (worth $150 or more with current rate, possibly $1000+) while trying to sell it to an exchanger. I felt really bad and had to quit, but returned when price went up high to $2000plus. I still managed to cope with and I’m okay with what I have now.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
grinty789 (OP)

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 03:02:04 PM

You have to believe in your ability, know everyone who has a good future of course he must have experienced a failure or loss, but this is where you should be more excited and learn from your failures so it does not happen again in the future, I'm sure. . You can start it again and learn from your previous experience, do not forget I say this welcome back in bitcoin world

Well, back in 2015 when I got into Bitcoin, I actually lost about $15 (worth $150 or more with current rate, possibly $1000+) while trying to sell it to an exchanger. I felt really bad and had to quit, but returned when price went up high to $2000plus. I still managed to cope with and I’m okay with what I have now.

Good to know you didn't let it knock you too far and you got back up and running!
Koadharber

Activity: 1065
Merit: 510

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 03:30:41 PM

Thanks,
5 btc is a lot and im sure there are some people there who did experienced the same situation of yours.5 btc on those years are not really much at all this is why we wont really bother or even take value of those coins and done something not really worth it at all and now prices has changed and now we would start to regret but its not yet over and we can still able to stand up again.
leyton11

Activity: 560
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 03:47:52 PM

Thanks,
5 btc is a lot and im sure there are some people there who did experienced the same situation of yours.5 btc on those years are not really much at all this is why we wont really bother or even take value of those coins and done something not really worth it at all and now prices has changed and now we would start to regret but its not yet over and we can still able to stand up again.
No, 5 Bitcoin in that time also has high value, because as per I know, the price of Bitcoin in that time was $1,000 - $1,300 - highest price. Of course, if you compare the price of Bitcoin in 2013 to the current price, it just = ~1/3 - 1/4 of current price.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: