Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 09:28:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Clarkmoody, bitcoincharts, etc: we need new ways to watch the market, post-mtgox  (Read 1961 times)
oda.krell (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1007

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 09:06:40 AM

(I should probably post this in Service Discussion as well, but since those who speculate are also those who make the heaviest use of charts and other data platforms, it seemed right to post here first.)

Alright, it's official now: in the past few days, mtgox volume (in USD) has fallen below 50%, 2.8M USD vs. >1.7M USD, past 24 h (source: bitcoincharts market overview).

As a result, many of our tools to observe the market, clarkmoody first and foremost, are simply not appropriate anymore to really see what's going on.

Other sites, like bitcoincharts, already allow you to look at the data of other exchanges, but the problem is that you can only look at individual exchanges like that, while ideally you would also be able to look at an aggregate of various/all exchanges.

What's your take on it? Agreement, or: doesn't matter, saw charts.

Not sure which Bitcoin wallet you should use? Get Electrum!
Electrum is an open-source lightweight client: fast, user friendly, and 100% secure.
Download the source or executables for Windows/OSX/Linux/Android from, and only from, the official Electrum homepage.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Le Happy Merchant

Activity: 634
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 09:41:56 AM

Ideally I would want a graph with toggle options for each major exchange in its own color for both price and order book depth, along with a average and sum respectively. But I don't look gift horses in the mouth, so bitcoinity works for me.

bzzard

Activity: 398
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2013, 10:32:40 AM

?

BTCCharts.com - still for free!
dexX7
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1024

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2013, 01:01:10 PM

Maybe this http://bitcoin.stoto.net/ is a bit helpful.

But I agree. I would like to have a tool, which combines them all.

oda.krell (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 01:18:23 PM

Very useful, thanks. Didn't know it.

My point is not so much that there are absolutely no ways to look at the various markets, I know they exist, but that some of the best (free) tools are still very much centered around the idea that mtgox is the defining market.

I'm sure some here use proprietary tools and don't care about any of this, but a lot of us are using the free tools, e.g. clarkmoody (which is altogether just a brilliant design), and unless those sites adapt to the new market situation, they are less useful than they were before.

Electrum is an open-source lightweight client: fast, user friendly, and 100% secure.
Download the source or executables for Windows/OSX/Linux/Android from, and only from, the official Electrum homepage.
ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2013, 01:35:10 PM

It should be pretty straight forward to display the different exchanges in one wall chart.

mtgox isn't under 50% -yet so celebration is probably early... I also think there is some sort of "support" at these levels - it will be hard to keep mtgox out of majority permanently.
But at least that is something the vocal majority seems to agree on, you people just have to act on it.
razibuzouzou

Activity: 354
Merit: 251

coinorama.net

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2013, 01:49:42 PM

Hi,
I am currently working on a new charting website. I'll probably announce it this week-end.
It's a follow-up of this thread : http://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=210202.0
For now, I only have Mt Gox data, but others should come soon Smiley
batcoin

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

In Gord We Trust

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 01:50:22 PM

Very useful, thanks. Didn't know it.

My point is not so much that there are absolutely no ways to look at the various markets, I know they exist, but that some of the best (free) tools are still very much centered around the idea that mtgox is the defining market.

I'm sure some here use proprietary tools and don't care about any of this, but a lot of us are using the free tools, e.g. clarkmoody (which is altogether just a brilliant design), and unless those sites adapt to the new market situation, they are less useful than they were before.

Why not make the case directly to the owners of those free websites?

If you have more than 0.01BTC and complain about early adopters, please consider donating to this address: 1P11Dz4mhDcJvetHqEJu35KNEVqSRmqo3b
General Tips: 1P4YfrYwQKKtfwszzb2aHgLVLiWQCrJfwi
quantsig

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2013, 02:17:06 PM

We're adding as many exchanges as we can, with the full intent of modeling across exchanges. Perhaps it is not exactly what you are referring to. But be sure, plenty of us are diversifying our toolkits.
dexX7
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2013, 02:25:55 PM

This!

And combining exchanges should just be the beginning. I mean.. we don't even have a trading plattform with indicators, fibonacci etc. besides SierraChart afaik.

I'd like to see one tool which combines blockchained.com, clark moody as real time chart and bitcoincharts.com for indicators. Oh and bitcoinity of course for nice wall visualization.

Clark

Activity: 548
Merit: 502

So much code.

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2013, 09:14:41 PM

And combining exchanges should just be the beginning. I mean.. we don't even have a trading plattform with indicators, fibonacci etc. besides SierraChart afaik.

Have you checked out RTBTC? https://rtbtc.com/

In private beta now. Public release Coming SoonTM

oda.krell (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 25, 2013, 10:30:57 AM

It should be pretty straight forward to display the different exchanges in one wall chart.

mtgox isn't under 50% -yet so celebration is probably early... I also think there is some sort of "support" at these levels - it will be hard to keep mtgox out of majority permanently.
But at least that is something the vocal majority seems to agree on, you people just have to act on it.

Did you look at the numbers yourself? I didn't say they are permanently below 50%, but during a 48h or so period, they sure were. Now they're back to above 50%, so the point you make is valid in principle.

arne

Activity: 47

View Profile
May 25, 2013, 10:40:49 AM

Nice!
dexX7
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2013, 11:35:21 AM

Wow! Looks very promissing. Hope you include Bitstamp.. :p

Veilcerpin

Activity: 10

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 05:01:04 AM

You guys try this yet? http://www.cryptocoincharts.info/
oda.krell (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 05, 2013, 05:55:16 PM

*self-thread necromancy* Arise!

Fucking finally! This is what I've been looking for.... order books of mtgox and bitstamp combined, among other things:

http://www.coinorama.net/

Still a bit rough around the edges, but already very, very useful, in my opinion. Bookmarked.

Clark

Activity: 548
Merit: 502

So much code.

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2013, 06:02:58 PM

RTBTC is now live and open for signups!

We've launched with Mt. Gox trading and charting support, but adding new exchanges is one of our first priorities.

Check it out at https://rtbtc.com/

Note: the service is not free, but you can get 15 days of service for less than 0.05 BTC.

oda.krell (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 09:49:15 PM

RTBTC is now live and open for signups!

We've launched with Mt. Gox trading and charting support, but adding new exchanges is one of our first priorities.

Check it out at https://rtbtc.com/

Note: the service is not free, but you can get 15 days of service for less than 0.05 BTC.

Looks fantastic.

And the pricing algorithm is pretty neat as well :D

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: