Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 01:44:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Advice on saving different altcoin wallets  (Read 242 times)
greavette (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 04:11:49 PM

Hello Forum,

Apologies if this question has been asked and answered previously..perhaps a link to advice would be appreciated if answers already exist.

I own 11 altcoins and a bit of bitcoin.  I'm looking to hold these coins for a period of time and I don't want to keep them on an exchange.  I have a Windows 10 x64 VM I can use to install various wallets, but I wonder if this is the best way to do this?  Do I install each altcoin wallet on my VM and transfer my coins from the exchange to each wallet?  I can see my VM growing in size significantly as I add more altcoins to the mix.  Is this what other people do?  I know there are some wallets (like Jaxx) that can hold more than one coin, and I know if a coin is issued on Ethereum then I think there is a wallet to hold those various Ethereum coins.  But what about coins that don't fit into those wallets? I'm looking to hold Lisk, SAFEX, OmiseGO, NEO, SIA.  Do I need a separate wallet for each?

Any advice you can give would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: