Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 06:43:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Should I proceed with my ICO fundraising attempt?  (Read 256 times)
DmitryShmakov (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 04:27:25 PM

Hi everyone,
just a quick question for those who know what's going on with ICO bans and stuff.

I planned long time ago to launch a campaign on Kickstarter but always postponing it (campaign to create educating mobile games for kids).
This year seeing how easy to use an ICO, me and my friends wanted to launch one (legit, not scam in any way),
I went on to try build a team of game designers and developers and posted this job:  https://www.upwork.com/jobs/~01589bd63ddba2ab33
(myself previously Flash games developer, 2006-2010, today I'm a DevOps)

We received only positive feedback and very warm words from most freelancers, that this is a good idea and they want to join us.

My question is, should I proceed and try the fundraising with ICO (as promised, all in-game income goes to token holders, I'll try to code this into the smart-contract somehow), or because of recent bans I'll better not waste time building ICO based website, but go straight to Kickstarter\Indiegogo?

Do you think ICO will be banned worldwide soon?

P.S.  If you read the job posting, please share your thoughts, do you think it's a good idea to make such educating games that will teach about environmental problems, can it be successful (spreading the word - not commercially. a x2 investment returns from in-game purchases to investors is a good outcome. A x10 returns if games will be top hits like angry birds, anything possible.), or not?  if not, why do you think so?

Thanks in advance!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Poink

Activity: 350
Merit: 122

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 05:10:28 PM

First of all THANKS!!!  I've been reading lots of your articles and just want you to know it is appreciated.

I'd support your ICO 100% in my small way. 

I personally don't believe the ban will be for all ICO worldwide (total ban), rather a tighter control to weed out scams.  I support the change and hope it get adopted worldwide.

Good luck with your endeavor and no matter how it goes, you are trusted and will surely be supported. Smiley
Josepht

Activity: 1008
Merit: 515

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2017, 05:16:24 PM

I've been reading lots of your articles and just want you to know it is appreciated.
Yeah sure; first post, and you've read all his articles?

you are trusted and will surely be supported. Smiley

Yeah sure "trusted". How about the fact that he is a 1 post newbie?

I'm not saying anything against the project or something, but what you're saying here is complete BS.

You're probably an alt of OP anyways Roll Eyes
Poink

Activity: 350
Merit: 122

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 05:30:40 PM

I've been reading lots of your articles and just want you to know it is appreciated.
Yeah sure; first post, and you've read all his articles?

you are trusted and will surely be supported. Smiley

Yeah sure "trusted". How about the fact that he is a 1 post newbie?

I'm not saying anything against the project or something, but what you're saying here is complete BS.

You're probably an alt of OP anyways Roll Eyes

I take it you don't read CoinSheets then.  Smiley
BenOnceAgain

Activity: 208
Merit: 84

🌐 www.btric.org 🌐

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2017, 05:34:32 PM

Do you think ICO will be banned worldwide soon?

I have not read your materials yet.

ICOs will not be banned.  They need regulation.  Some of the offers I've seen lately are frankly outrageous -- and I can't believe they obtain investors.  But they do!

There are lots of great ideas that I've seen, but many lack the business know-how to bring them to fruition.

Here in the US, ICOs will be regulated differently depending on if they are structured to be Howey test compliant ("pass") or non-compliant ("fail").  There is a legitimate place for both types of tokens.

The "wild west" will draw to a close with appropriate regulation.  With this change, larger institutional investors are likely to get more involved in the ecosystem.

I am new to this board but I am not new to this field and I'm seriously considering shifting a substantial part of my focus to capitalize on this opportunity.  Not only for the wealth to be created (which is, of course, appealing), but for the good that decentralized crypto, and the wider blockchain technologies, have the potential to bring to the world.

Dream it. Plan it. Build it.
Need help with your project? [MY WEBSITE] | [MY COMPANY] | [BLOG] | [TWITTER] | [LINKEDIN] | [EMAIL]
Want to help support the blockchain charity I'm building? [LEARN ABOUT BTRIC] | [DONATE] | [TWITTER] | [EMAIL]
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: