Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 04:07:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Begginer here. Need a bit of help  (Read 550 times)
tobaccoGuy (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 11:09:22 AM

ICO's are very risky and many end up failing. Its perfectly fine to just hold (or better yet HODL) BTC and ETH.

If you want to take it up a notch, explore some established altcoins. Learn about their technology, about their market behavior. Read news about them. You are more than welcome to use my website for the latest prices and news: https://ccowl.com

You can then invest into the altcoins you like or you can trade them. Some use daytrading (swingtrading) to make / or lose quick bucks. But it takes time, and many make as much money, but with less hassle by smart investing.

Finally, the most risky thing out there is ICOs. You really need to learn about established cryptocoins and the history of similar ICOs before investing in them. But a smart investment into ICO can quadripple your money in no time. But it can also lose all your money.

Thanks for words. I don't I will daytrade, I am just gonna lose my money + I'd like to invest and wait. Probably less profit but less nerve wrecking too.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
tobaccoGuy (OP)

Activity: 5

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 11:32:52 AM

Hey, just an update, I invested into Substratum ICO, hope it goes well I like their idea.
If you like their idea, good for you then. Since you believe their project, your only option if you want out of that is to sell at a gain, not at a loss. Never sell with a loss and keep holding even if price dumps. Always remember, getting profit is your goal so never sell early and never sell too late and the best strategy for a beginner is to sell immediately after gaining 25% profit from the investment or more depending on the amount.

I like the idea. Yes, should take out some investment at gain, not at loss (that would be kind of stupid).
joromz1226

Activity: 798
Merit: 258

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 12:06:43 PM

Hello!

I am a bit of noob. And I just started early Tongue. I already made exchange account on Kraken, bought some small ammount of BTC coins and ETH coins. Now where to put them? My friend speaks of ICOs but there is just too much of them. So I thought I'd start on my own a bit. Which one is good ICO for beginner?

Thanks..!  Cheesy Grin
Your just a newbie, why don't start for the mean time on reading in the forum. Gain knowledge first, so that you may not be like other newbies rushing themselves into something which they don't have enough idea into trading, or ICO. But here is the link anyhow of the ICO choices so that you may familiar with it https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=238.0
Blakscorpion

Activity: 215
Merit: 100

CryptoFan

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 12:54:47 PM

The best buy plan for newbies that don't how to trade to buy most famous coins (BTC ETH) and hold them.
When you'll have enough confidence in your knowledge, and after reading a lot of info, because apparently you don't even know what is blockchain... then you might buy some altcoins.
Don't be part of ICO's, it'll be a nightmare for you...

▐▐   ▬▬▬▬▬   DeepOnion   ▬▬▬▬▬   ▌▌
████    40 PUBLIC AIRDROPS COMPLETED    TOR INTEGRATED    ████
▬▬▬▬   (✔) DeepVault Blockchain File Signatures  •  VoteCentral Your Vote Counts  •  deeponion.org   ▬▬▬▬
handy_hotdog

Activity: 231

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 01:05:48 PM

I don't know if there are any "beginner" ICO's. The best thing you can do is to research ICO's and look for positive reasons to invest in that ICO.

Personally I look for:-

- Good solid team - Great developers, but also a strong big team and experienced ICO's. Does not matter how good the concept is, if the team isn't great the project will fail.

- Whitepaper - Read over the whitepaper, this paper shows the process, how the coin will work and what they are aiming to do. If this is poor, it is a bad decision to invest in them.

- Strong social media channels - This is how they communicate with potential investors, if this is poor, or lacks communication this is turn off for me.

- Does it make sense? - This is one that a lot of people look over, do they need an altcoin? or are they just doing this to be able to create an ICO? Ask questions and challenge them.

Once these are in place, i would get involved with a bounty campaign. This way you can learn more and spread the idea of the altcoin. There are so many ICO's popping up that doing your homework is very important. I do not believe that there are a lot of scams, but you need to be careful.

CoinSavvy

Activity: 55

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 01:58:33 PM

Hello!

I am a bit of noob. And I just started early Tongue. I already made exchange account on Kraken, bought some small ammount of BTC coins and ETH coins. Now where to put them? My friend speaks of ICOs but there is just too much of them. So I thought I'd start on my own a bit. Which one is good ICO for beginner?

Thanks..!  Cheesy Grin
Your just a newbie, why don't start for the mean time on reading in the forum. Gain knowledge first, so that you may not be like other newbies rushing themselves into something which they don't have enough idea into trading, or ICO. But here is the link anyhow of the ICO choices so that you may familiar with it https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=238.0

I agree. To become involved into any ICO you need to have at least basic knowledge of ICO and the crypto world in general, so that you would understand how the process goes and what risks are implied. Otherwise, it would be a loss of time and money.
leea-1334

Activity: 2240
Merit: 953

Temporary forum vacation

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 03:11:17 PM

Thanks for words. I don't I will daytrade, I am just gonna lose my money + I'd like to invest and wait. Probably less profit but less nerve wrecking too.

Sounds like quite the calm and collected decision from a beginner, well done Wink Tell you what, if you are like me with only precious few Bitcoins and ETH to trade or invest in ICOs, just take your time to do research and make decisions to get in on relatively cheap coins with a view to hold them at least until 2018.

I have found myself extremely relaxed after stopping my bad habit of checking trades and prices. Also, I stopped looking at ICOs. If I find one I like good, but I no longer hunt.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.....I AM BLACKJACK.FUN.....
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
oreits11

Activity: 168

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 06:47:51 PM

different chance on works as following use with returns of beginning inauguration,
as future investors to defines of one as best with the correct on limit as displacing unit of investment
as returns with the moderation of release with the message from developer and the customs as distinct
to run of personal strategy as extending plan of the investment with the crypto finance projects.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: