Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 06:57:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Gdm Failed / BAMT / 4x7950  (Read 931 times)
disambiguation (OP)

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 10:39:07 AM

Hi all, I have a problem with BAMT. Motherboard is GA-990FXA-UD3. Booting from USB. GFX are 4x Asus Radeon HD 7950 3GB GDDR5 HD7950-DC2T-3GD5-V2. It says gdm failed...

And direction somebody can lead me on?
Thank you!
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
r3wt

Activity: 686
Merit: 504

always the student, never the master.

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 10:49:11 AM

Hi all, I have a problem with BAMT. Motherboard is GA-990FXA-UD3. Booting from USB. GFX are 4x Asus Radeon HD 7950 3GB GDDR5 HD7950-DC2T-3GD5-V2. It says gdm failed...

And direction somebody can lead me on?
Thank you!

reinstall ubuntu...

My negative trust rating is reflective of a personal vendetta by someone on default trust.
disambiguation (OP)

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 11:09:24 AM

To put new bamt on flash? I will try that. Because before this one we had different motherboard. Thanks!
r3wt

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 11:15:38 AM

To put new bamt on flash? I will try that. Because before this one we had different motherboard. Thanks!

oh my mistake i thought you were running ubuntu( or some derivitive that uses GDM)

My negative trust rating is reflective of a personal vendetta by someone on default trust.
disambiguation (OP)

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 11:27:18 AM

Well... maybe this would help... At least I hope it will...   I have no other soulutions...   But tell me, how complicated is to set ubuntu and run it for mining? I have no experience with linux...
r3wt

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 10:32:52 PM

Well... maybe this would help... At least I hope it will...   I have no other soulutions...   But tell me, how complicated is to set ubuntu and run it for mining? I have no experience with linux...

i'm thinking now that i answered your question incorrectly. what is BAMT exactly?

disambiguation (OP)

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 10:56:47 PM

Well its ripped off debian with stuff you need for mining. It should be very simple to use but not in my case. Reinstalling didnt help... If somebody could help me with this I would be much thankful.
r3wt

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 11:14:22 PM

Well its ripped off debian with stuff you need for mining. It should be very simple to use but not in my case. Reinstalling didnt help... If somebody could help me with this I would be much thankful.

if you can boot to the terminal, type
Code:
startx

if that fails try this

Code:
sudo apt-get install ubuntustudio-desktop

or this

Code:
sudo apt-get install ubuntustudio-gdm-theme

if all else fails try navigating to the gdm conf file and editing it. or replacing it.

disambiguation (OP)

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 11:18:47 PM

Thank you. People are sleeping where rig is so I will try that in 7-8 hours from now. I appreciate your help very much.
r3wt

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 11:25:03 PM

Thank you. People are sleeping where rig is so I will try that in 7-8 hours from now. I appreciate your help very much.

not a prob. those commands should work in debian since its a derivative of Ubuntu. Hope this solves it for you.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: