Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 09:25:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: WARNING: Poloniex blocking clients from contacting them, SCAM in the making?  (Read 749 times)
maeusi

Activity: 462
Merit: 254

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 09:42:08 PM

I fortunately got out my funds in june before the issues began. Wanted yesterday login. Couldnt. Tried to recover my password and got an email with recovery link. Link goes to nowhere. Wanted to submit a ticket on their site but also that is not possible.
Now I will try to delete my account.
Poloniex seems to go down soon.

it's the constant glitches that scare me more than anything. so many features of their site simply do not work like they are supposed to. when you combine that with the notion of missing deposits and withdrawals? very scary! i had the same feelings about bitfinex last year before they got hacked...... the constant glitches in their interface and server outages in the early summer should have convinced me to get my funds off back then. i'm not making the same mistake with poloniex.

unfortunately, i'm hearing reports that even BTC withdrawals are not immune to getting stuck. again, very scary....... Lips sealed
It began for my experience in june as they had many ddos attacks and I began to doubt about polo as they removed the troll box. The next big doubt was, as my friend suddenly had bad trades without doing them himself. We thought he "just" was hacked because he hadnt 2fa but the same was reported here in forum. So sorry about this situation. Polo was really great.
sasaki111

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 06:01:53 AM

Can you please just show something that called "proof" . Need proof in every reports to make it more trustable. If not all words you say are just words and nothing more.
xypos

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 06:57:32 AM

They are actively blocking clients on their social media profiles.

If they don't just ignore them but actively prevent them from contacting Poloniex, I think there's a quite fair possibility that all the problems Poloniex is having are connected between them.

Do you have any proof for this? I understand that they are not responding to support requests and so on but this is the first time i've heard anyone say that they are actively blocking people on social media platforms.

If true, then this is definitely a sign of an exchnage that has liquidity problems or others that will probably force them to go scam soon.

Even without this no accusation i think that nobody sould be using them. Deposits and withdrawals are held up every single day, and support seems dead.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=420836.msg21503845#msg21503845

2 posts below another member confirms he has blocked a client.

Well, it is still quite unclear whether it was just a bug on his end that somehow restricted him to view others' profiles or the owner of poloniex actually blocking him. I can't really confirm from that alone that they are blocking users on social platforms.

But your point still stands, imo. Stay away from poloniex wherever you can, use it with only small amounts only if they have a coin that is listed on no other exchange(probably nothing, really).

Them not responding to support requests is as bad as "blocking people".
btcney

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 07:39:04 AM

They are actively blocking clients on their social media profiles.

If they don't just ignore them but actively prevent them from contacting Poloniex, I think there's a quite fair possibility that all the problems Poloniex is having are connected between them.

Well even without this problem they are still a very very shitty exchange that nobody should use.

They don't answer support tickets, withdrawals are stuck in "awaiting approval", deposits are delayed. Just a dysfunctional exchange, yet everyone seems to still use it for some reason and think that it is safe to store money on.

If they are really blocking people on social media then it's definitely because of the recent issues that were mentioned before. They removed the trollbox as well meaning that new users can't see complaints.
Retired (OP)

Activity: 490

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2017, 09:54:41 AM

Can you please just show something that called "proof" . Need proof in every reports to make it more trustable. If not all words you say are just words and nothing more.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2150583.msg21533607#msg21533607
illinest

Activity: 454
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 10:27:25 AM

Them not responding to support requests is as bad as "blocking people".

This. I don't even care whether they are "blocking" people or not. It's becoming painfully obvious that these problems run deeper than a simple support backlog. Check their twitter, or the Polo subreddit. You can instantly find dozens of people complaining of stuck withdrawals for weeks and even months. This says "Cryptsy" all over it!
alva5763

Activity: 451

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 07:21:41 PM

Yesterday I transferred half my funds from Poloniex and today I transferred the other half. I transferred via litecoin to keep fees lower. In both cases transfer took less than 30 minutes. I had nothing against Poloniex as reason for transfer. From these 2 transfers I cannot complain against Poloniex. Quick transaction with no problems.
CyberKuro

Activity: 798
Merit: 506

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 11:41:52 PM
Last edit: September 07, 2017, 12:26:58 AM by CyberKuro

Yesterday I transferred half my funds from Poloniex and today I transferred the other half. I transferred via litecoin to keep fees lower. In both cases transfer took less than 30 minutes. I had nothing against Poloniex as reason for transfer. From these 2 transfers I cannot complain against Poloniex. Quick transaction with no problems.

Deposit funds (money or cryptocurrencies) is always an easy thing, nothing will hold you to do it, but most people have problem when they want to withdraw their funds which takes more than 24 hours, or never even processed. The thing is, this problem does not happen to everyone. only few unlucky users. But, still a problem to consider before you inject funds to their wallet.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: