Bitcoin Forum
July 17, 2024, 08:41:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Expansion of my current website www.gorafflin.com  (Read 209 times)
grinty789 (OP)

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 09:55:45 PM

So i'm new here as of today, (was posting a lot a few years back before I lost interest and gave up, stupidly)... anyway, in that time I had a website built... www.gorafflin.com, the concept is pretty self explanatory and it was going well until I hit the issue of no marketing money to take it much further. There's only so far word of mouth will carry you!

Anyway, what I'm starting to wonder, as this isn't actually something I've come across with all of bitcoin gambling websites etc, is whether I can have this implemented to work with bitcoins, for example a raffle of 50 tickets for a set price, winner takes all but in bitcoins. Exactly the same concept as what I have now but with bitcoins. I would have zero idea where to start with implementing something like this, and I know it's a real early idea, but is there anyone out there that can provide some more expert advice on something like this?

Cheers
aTriz

Activity: 1232
Merit: 683

Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 10:51:46 PM

Do you mean make the raffle prize, bitcoins or you buy the ticket WI h raffles? If you made the prize Bitcoin, that would just be some sort of jackpot game, but if you made a payment option Bitcoins, that could definitely work.

It would be fairly easy to implement and all you would have to do is get a wallet and then tell them to send the btc there. You can then set up something to check what transactions have been sent there.

grinty789 (OP)

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 06:38:26 AM

Do you mean make the raffle prize, bitcoins or you buy the ticket WI h raffles? If you made the prize Bitcoin, that would just be some sort of jackpot game, but if you made a payment option Bitcoins, that could definitely work.

It would be fairly easy to implement and all you would have to do is get a wallet and then tell them to send the btc there. You can then set up something to check what transactions have been sent there.

Hey, talking about doing the whole thing in BTC, so for example there's a prize of 0.05BTC... 50 tickets at 0.0015BTC each, winner takes the 0.05BTC. That's a real basic example, and obviously I would need to work out the exact maths etc, but just as a quick example that's what i'm questioning. Thanks,
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 3102

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2017, 06:47:48 AM

You are just a brand new account, asking people to send you BTC in the promise of more BTC.

Happens here all the time.   It would help if you would identify a trusted escrow and send the prize money there.

https://nastyscam.com - featuring 13 years of OGNasty bitcoin scams     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming sooner than you think!
grinty789 (OP)

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 06:54:33 AM

You are just a brand new account, asking people to send you BTC in the promise of more BTC.

Happens here all the time.   It would help if you would identify a trusted escrow and send the prize money there.

It's nothing like that buddy, i'm not asking people to send me anything, i'm simply asking for people opinions and advise on whether something like that could work. I'm in no way saying I want people to send me anything. As mentioned in the post, I wouldn't know where to start with implementing something like this so I'm simply looking for some advise on whether it's possible or not.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: