Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 01:31:30 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Stock market vs cryptocurrencies. What are the main differences?  (Read 1565 times)
Pistachio
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 05:44:41 PM

GBTC was a very good investment earlier this year but the premium has skyrocketed to extreme highs. I exited at $174 because I thought the premium was too high then. Unless you are day trading, I would stay away from most of the current stock offerings directly related to Bitcoin. On the other hand, I still like ARK, ARKW, and ARKK that focus on emerging tech with some exposure (>10%) to Bitcoin investments.

For trading cryptos, I suggest trying <https://www.bmybit.com/ no ref link> / <https://bmybit.com/?r=124185 with ref link>. It is transparent and you do not need to give the platform access to withdraw funds from your exchange accounts. If you create an account, you can see how I am doing there just letting a few strategies run https://www.bmybit.com/users/Pistachio/. Here's a screenshot from today,

Good luck! 
gawer33

Activity: 309
Merit: 5

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 01:31:49 PM

both are good why not invest on both. stocks is safer also some is tangible but crypto is more volatile and faster. being more volatile means more price action, more price action is better for traders

STOP eating Oreo save the orangutans
https://www.orangutan.org.au/about-orangutans/orangutan-threats/
MintDiceSupport

Activity: 154
Merit: 11

MintDice Support

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2018, 08:51:08 PM

The crypto market still involves purchasing and trading of a commodity of value, just like in the traditional stock markets and money markets. In both scenarios, a purchase is made in the hope that the value will increase and result in a profit.
We have more info on this in our blog post...profit and loss margins, risks, etc. so check it out:

Bit.ly/StockVersusCryptoMarket

Mintdice.com
shaadsufi

Activity: 182
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 09:56:33 PM

The main difference in Crypto Market and Stock Market is that crypto market run 24 hours and day and 7 days a week and No holiday in the crypto market. But Stock Market does not work on Holiday like Saturday and Sunday. So this is the main difference according to me in crypto and the stock market.
iyemroker

Activity: 129
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 04:17:39 AM

maybe this is what I can describe between stock differences and cryptocurrency like this

stocks: slow movements, capital must be large, there are financial supervisors, famous companies are all there, not anonymous.

Cryptocurrency: the movement is significant fast, the capital does not have to be large, there is no financial controller so if the losses and keuntungn not in charge by the government, any company can enter.
St4yInTh3D4rk

Activity: 686
Merit: 264

"STAY IN THE DARK"

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 04:30:47 AM

In my personal opinion,the stock market investments are ot for everyone because it needs more knowledge and technical analysis skills,and most of the newbie stockmarket investors are losing their capital but in crypto currency we don't need much knowledge and een we can invest here with little capital and the profits will be according to that.

bustadice         ▄▄████████████▄▄
     ▄▄████████▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
   ▄███████████    ███████████▄
  █████    ████▄▄▄▄████    █████
 ██████    ████████▀▀██    ██████
██████████████████   █████████████
█████████████████▌  ▐█████████████
███    ██████████   ███████    ███
███    ████████▀   ▐███████    ███
██████████████      ██████████████
 ██████████████▄▄▄▄██████████████
  ▀████████████████████████████▀
                     ▄▄███████▄▄
                  ▄███████████████▄
   ███████████  ▄████▀▀       ▀▀████▄
               ████▀      ██     ▀████
 ███████████  ████        ██       ████
             ████         ██        ████
███████████  ████     ▄▄▄▄██        ████
             ████     ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ████
 ███████████  ████                 ████
               ████▄             ▄████
   ███████████  ▀████▄▄       ▄▄████▀
                  ▀███████████████▀
                     ▀▀███████▀▀
           ▄██▄
           ████
            ██
            ▀▀
 ▄██████████████████████▄
██████▀▀██████████▀▀██████
█████    ████████    █████
█████▄  ▄████████▄  ▄█████
██████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
       ████████████
[bustadice.
Play
bustadice]

Hero/Legendary
..bustadice..              ▄▄████████████▄▄
     ▄▄████████▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
   ▄███████████    ███████████▄
  █████    ████▄▄▄▄████    █████
 ██████    ████████▀▀██    ██████
██████████████████   █████████████
█████████████████▌  ▐█████████████
███    ██████████   ███████    ███
███    ████████▀   ▐███████    ███
 ██████████████▄▄▄▄██████████████
  ▀████████████████████████████▀
Koro-Sensei

Activity: 658
Merit: 103

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 05:02:28 AM

Hey everyone. I am quite new to the crypto market and I was wondering if I could get some guidelines about trading. I have been trading for quite a long time on the stock market and had moderate success. What are the main differences between trading crypocurrencies and stocks. From what I understand there is no downtaime in which the market is operating and also there is no supervising entity, that could interfere in the process of trading. Are there any other factors to be taken into consideration? Also, could anyone recommend a trading service with low transaction fees?
In trading crypto currency it needs good exposure on the internet to have a good running trades and it will surely boost the value in no time. I don't know much about stock markets but I'm sure the similarities on these two are almost alike well i think stock market was the main idea why crypto's was created. Crypto's rely on the internet's power to increase their morale and connections stock market may rely on it too but the visibility are limited to business minded people only. Crypto are mostly focused on the internet while stock market rely on connections on real living persons and deep relations with good dealship.
ShadowBits

Activity: 994
Merit: 504

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 05:12:55 AM

Hey everyone. I am quite new to the crypto market and I was wondering if I could get some guidelines about trading. I have been trading for quite a long time on the stock market and had moderate success. What are the main differences between trading crypocurrencies and stocks. From what I understand there is no downtaime in which the market is operating and also there is no supervising entity, that could interfere in the process of trading. Are there any other factors to be taken into consideration? Also, could anyone recommend a trading service with low transaction fees?

Well, obviously in crypto we can earn for as many percentage as we can that can go to 2000% if we are lucky enough.
Chair ee law

Activity: 232
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 07:55:22 AM

I never tried to deal in stock market, but i have been studying it because also of my course and field. Actually i have studdied stock exchange first before this cryptotrading. And as i expolore cryptoworld, I see no diff between them in terms of nature, and the way trading moves. Well, All i can say is stock exchange is more extablished than cryptocurrency. And that's understandable.
BlasterS

Activity: 420

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 04:53:36 PM

The big difference of the cryptocurrency and the stocks are the legality between the transactions,
wherein the stocks gives more a assurance that all transactions are proctected by the law.
bit-freedom

Activity: 658
Merit: 256

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 05:44:40 PM

I find that there are two main differences between stock market and crypto which are the fees and regulation.

1) Stock market has higher trading fees than crypto
2) Crypto is unregulated unlike Stock market

I will recommend Binance exchange which is top crypto exchange around. Good trading experience and I have no problem with withdrawal until now.
Fatunad

Activity: 2254
Merit: 354

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 07:39:52 PM

I find that there are two main differences between stock market and crypto which are the fees and regulation.

1) Stock market has higher trading fees than crypto
2) Crypto is unregulated unlike Stock market

I will recommend Binance exchange which is top crypto exchange around. Good trading experience and I have no problem with withdrawal until now.

Fees are just been part but not really a major thing which we can compared of between stocks and crypto. Regulation is the main thing where we do know that assets or stocks is on which is really entirely opposite on crypto since you do talk about fees i dont see it to be bigger but rates are just usual deduction on where most banks or 3rd party service when you do make fiat deposits or withdrawals.

Talking about volatility too we do see on how prices moves on stocks which is slow or less volatile and also less profitable unlike crypto which is entirely different.
Genosx

Activity: 434

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 01:27:14 AM

actually the stocks in the market can declare income or not as the company will unlike in the cryptocurrency the money will provides income as many and as the company provide.
chamika888

Activity: 364
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 05:14:46 AM

First of all, both of the markets function the same way. By their simplest, the price of both are determined by demand, meaning how much people are willing to pay for a share or a currency. This means that when someone pays more than the previous person the price goes up. When no one is willing to pay a certain amount at a certain time, and someone is willing to let go of their ownership for less, the price goes down.Secondly, both of them can be valued based on the idea behind them. A stock is based on the business behind it and a currency is based on the idea, but the value in both lies behind the idea to some extent.Thirdly, both of them are so far valued in fiat currencies. This might change, if the dream of cryptocurrencies comes true.
erickkyut

Activity: 1176
Merit: 509

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 05:45:02 AM

First is the regulations, stock market is regulated by the government while cryptocurrency is decentralized. Another diffrence is the level of volatility. The crypto market is 10x riskier than the stock market. It fluctuates almost every minute. Lastly, the shares in the stock market comes from very prestigious companies worldwide while most of the coins in the crypto market are still unknown by the majority of the people.
pawanjain

Activity: 2716
Merit: 717

Nothing lasts forever

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 06:28:04 AM

If you google or search the forum and explore more about cryptocurrencies then you will get to know that there are several differences in between a stock market and a cryptocurrency market. The major factor is that crypto market is spread throughout the world and is operational 24 x 7 . Cryptocurrencies are more volatile than any stocks or bonds. This is why we have to be careful and plan out our strategy well before we execute it. There will be many shitcoins too and that's why we have to research thoroughly before we invest out money in it.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Pikachu12

Activity: 435

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 06:44:08 AM

In the Crypto market, you will never know what your investing company is doing with your investment. In addition, the Crypto market is always manipulated and there are always risks.
I think you should return to investing in the stock market and not join this market. You will get a bad result.
fastrabbit

Activity: 216
Merit: 16

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 08:57:41 AM

I have experience in my local stock market & started actively investing in crypto at the beginning of 2017. I was lucky to start at that time as it was the beginning of the crypto bull market. The ROI is incredible.. However, you need to learn how to handle with crypto exchanges, wallets, private keys & safeguard your digital assets. I learned many crypto knowledge from Youtube. Crypto market is a very volatility.. High risk high gain.. Fundamental analysis & technical analysis can be apply too.
boty

Activity: 1204
Merit: 225

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 10:02:19 AM

maybe what can make this exchange place different is from their transparency and maybe also in terms of their security, usually the place of exchange must be clear and security must also be guaranteed. for now I only choose to use cryptocurrency which is very clear in circulation.

mostkey

Activity: 742
Merit: 253

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 10:46:52 AM

The crypto market is a free market where all the problems are always there and manipulation, fraud and hacking everywhere because the absence of laws related to cryptocurrency is certainly very different from the stock market of many aspects, fluctuations are very big differences, Cryptocurrency is more risky compared to stocks, of course with profits too, so we don't have to just put all the money away, it has the potential to harm ourselves.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: