Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 04:58:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Effects of ICO ban in China  (Read 9844 times)
MiBambino

Activity: 644
Merit: 252

IMUSIFY - Award Winning Blockchain Music Tech

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 06:02:27 PM

I believe China wants just to regulate exchanges and cryptocurrency in general, so it can be centralized and regulated.

Decentralized Exchanges like the Blocknet should give Chinese traders a breath of fresh air.  A fully decentralized trustless atomic swap exchange that can't be shut down by any government. UI product to be rolled out in several months!

What happens when China prosecutes citizens who send money to those exchanges? They did worse things to their people before.

That's the thing - the exchange is your wallet and the technology acts as a router broadcasting the orderbook. You are in possession of your coins at all times as these are wallet to wallet trades!

Correct, but you still need the bank to perform the first transactions from yen to the exchange. Once you've bought bitcoin, you're good, but you need to buy the bitcoin first

imusify
  FacebookTwitterTelegramRedditANN  ❱ MediumGitHubYouTubeLinkedIN 
Award Winning Blockchain Music Platform
                                                                                                                     Backed By NEO

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
 ▗██▘                                        ▝██▖
 ██                                            ██
▐█▌                                            ▐█▌
██   █▌            ▐███▄▄                       ██
██                 ▐█▌ ▀██▄▄                    ██
██   █▌            ▐█▌    ▀▀██▄▄                ██
██   █▌            ▐█▌       ▄███               ██
██   █▌            ▐█▌   ▄▄██▀▀                 ██
██   █▌            ▐█▌▄███▀                     ██
██   ▀▘            ▐██▀▀                        ██
 ▝██▄                                        ▄██▘
   ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Explainer
Video

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
NoiseBoy

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

Sound. Fury. Signifying.

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 06:04:29 PM

What do you think will happen to crypto currencies following the latest news on the #ban on ICO in China?

will the already successful ICO's refund people's monies to them?

Is it good for governments to ban the use of crypto currencies?

Tell me what you think about any of these.  Smiley

My 3 predictions:

1) Completed ICOs based in China are going to have a very rough end of the year. They're clearly being targeted for a classic case of governmental snatch-and-grab
2) Completed ICOs not based in China will be completely, totally unaffected.
3) Yet-to-launch ICOs will have a marginally more difficult time raising money, but the impact will be pretty marginal.
Carlsen

Activity: 910
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 06:12:58 PM

I have just read an interview with Vitalik Buterin.
Even he thinks that many of the ICOs are worthless scams.
The investors can not distinguish between projects with real technological potential and those who are free from any value.
It loooks like he is sharing Chinas point of view regarding the ban of ICOs.

It's me!!!
Nutt

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 06:32:42 PM

There will be good new after China regulated it
taiwww

Activity: 588
Merit: 257

View Profile
September 15, 2017, 08:25:32 AM

As can be seen the effect has shown the drop in price of bitcoin. There was ban of exchanger too which caused this drop but this was supposed to happen due to all these ban stuff. Now it's clear that if any country bans anything related to bitcoin or more precisely about the crypto currency then people in the country will obviously start dumping the bitcoin and any other currency they have to recover from the loss quicker. That's why the drop in price occurs and yes that's the effect of china ICO ban.

nick_nick (OP)

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 15, 2017, 08:51:30 AM

Now the result is obvious, All currencies are falling. This shows how influential China is in the crypto market. I wonder if the crypto world can stand on its feet without the Chinese.
BTC
$ 3,178.58

BCH
$ 365.31

ETH
$ 222.24
cas606

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 15, 2017, 09:17:38 AM

I have just read an interview with Vitalik Buterin.
Even he thinks that many of the ICOs are worthless scams.
The investors can not distinguish between projects with real technological potential and those who are free from any value.
It loooks like he is sharing Chinas point of view regarding the ban of ICOs.

Agree. In the interview, or any other material you might have read, is there any further indication of how China (and other countries) might regulate it?
Karen23

Activity: 189

View Profile
September 15, 2017, 09:20:05 AM

The effect has shown in the huge drop of bitcoin and other altcoins. i wonder how far this could go. i'm losing in my other coins and to back-up my losses I'm buying cheap bitcoin and altcoins as well.

___ dock.io _______Decentralized professional data exchange powered by Ethereum_______
WHITEPAPER     █ █ █ █     FACEBOOK     TWITTER     TELEGRAM     █ █ █ █     ANN THREAD
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ● ⚫ ●  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
vvadym

Activity: 282

View Profile
September 15, 2017, 09:47:20 AM

It would help and prevent a lot of scams.
Less scams - more legit projects.
AtraxPool

Activity: 84
Merit: 12

Block Hunting

View Profile
September 15, 2017, 09:49:36 AM

BTCC - Closing
VIABTC - Closing

Next stop - miners shutdown,  China is really coming down hard on crypto. If they ban miners then its going to be a rockey time again.

We should boycot china.. No buying there ASIC, no mine on there pools.

■ BLOCKHUNT ■ «  COMMUNITY BLOCKHUNTING - »  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2207363.0
fullypak
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1005

View Profile
September 15, 2017, 10:06:31 AM

BTCC - Closing
VIABTC - Closing

Next stop - miners shutdown,  China is really coming down hard on crypto. If they ban miners then its going to be a rockey time again.

Seriously I never expected just one country could have this much hands on bitcoin and other altcoins growth. This is ridiculous, and you are right mate no need to buy their ASIC and don't mine on their pools. Just 2 exchanges are closing, but it affects to all digital currencies and almost all down by 50% don't know where this is going to end.
weredo911

Activity: 270
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 15, 2017, 10:17:05 AM

BTCC - Closing
VIABTC - Closing

Grin Grin Grin Grin If china miner dont work anymore. I can easy mine bitcoin

I have pretended to be mentally retarded for seven years.
AtraxPool

Block Hunting

View Profile
September 15, 2017, 10:19:10 AM

BTCC - Closing
VIABTC - Closing

Next stop - miners shutdown,  China is really coming down hard on crypto. If they ban miners then its going to be a rockey time again.

Seriously I never expected just one country could have this much hands on bitcoin and other altcoins growth. This is ridiculous, and you are right mate no need to buy their ASIC and don't mine on their pools. Just 2 exchanges are closing, but it affects to all digital currencies and almost all down by 50% don't know where this is going to end.

China have a prominiet hand in the crypto world while they can't fully control it I do think that parabolic move we saw to the high prices was engineered by china possibly by the Pool owners / exchnages / miners.  They knew this regulation was coming for months just like a DWM they needed a Exit Stratagy!  What better way to EXIT the market by.

1. Brinigng out Bitcoin Cash  - A Quick and easy way to STEAL hashpower from miners and get them to move chains, Also a good way for them to make some extra money quickly buy mining the chain then dumping the coins.

2. inflate the price to such a level that the miners reserves can be sold onto the market at top rate.

3. if these exchanges were "Serious" they would move from china... It would not take much for them to move somewhere else and continue buisness as normal the fact they are "complying" with these regulations shows more colaberation between them that first thought.  It's not like they don't make any money.

4. STOP BUYING BITMAIN!!   -  I think its time we all stopped funding these china based companys that are taking the piss!

5. If china bans this outright then that can only be a good thing for miners.. if they pull down Antpool, BTCC,  Via BTC then it really will reshape the network and we WILL see a large drop in the dificulty handing mining back to the hands of the many,  while taking it out the hands of the few.

6. Have A Nice Day... (if you can)

■ BLOCKHUNT ■ «  COMMUNITY BLOCKHUNTING - »  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2207363.0
SamboNZ

Activity: 1064
Merit: 253

View Profile
September 15, 2017, 10:21:06 AM

BTCC - Closing
VIABTC - Closing

Next stop - miners shutdown,  China is really coming down hard on crypto. If they ban miners then its going to be a rockey time again.

What? You have been around for a long time and you dont know that its really China has most of the market..

This fudfest lang over yet.
Manuj

Activity: 269
Merit: 102

View Profile
September 15, 2017, 10:23:09 AM

BTCC - Closing
VIABTC - Closing

China have a prominiet hand in the crypto world while they can't fully control it I do think that parabolic move we saw to the high prices was engineered by china possibly by the Pool owners / exchnages / miners.  They knew this regulation was coming for months just like a DWM they needed a Exit Stratagy!  What better way to EXIT the market by.

1. Brinigng out Bitcoin Cash  - A Quick and easy way to STEAL hashpower from miners and get them to move chains, Also a good way for them to make some extra money quickly buy mining the chain then dumping the coins.

2. inflate the price to such a level that the miners reserves can be sold onto the market at top rate.

3. if these exchanges were "Serious" they would move from china... It would not take much for them to move somewhere else and continue buisness as normal the fact they are "complying" with these regulations shows more colaberation between them that first thought.  It's not like they don't make any money.

4. STOP BUYING BITMAIN!!   -  I think its time we all stopped funding these china based companys that are taking the piss!

5. Have A Nice Day... (if you can)

It is good. Let us all stay away from this f*cking bitmain. China is doing some disservice to the crypto community right now and it is very very bad. The bad effect is felt by everyone. Let us respond by backing up bitcoin always. And let us avoid bitmain and other coins made in china. For one, these are substandard.  Grin
AtraxPool

Block Hunting

View Profile
September 15, 2017, 10:23:42 AM

BTCC - Closing
VIABTC - Closing

What? You have been around for a long time and you dont know that its really China has most of the market..

I think you will find I have been in this space since the ORIGINAL time of satoshi.

I have been away for a while but I am back,

I know the market very well and I know china has a large slice of the market. But if they ban it.. then what?

Don't take a low post count on a new account as a noob... Very very bad idea. Smiley

Adbitco

Activity: 1428
Merit: 653

Always Act Smart and Play Safe With Your Funds

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2017, 10:30:07 AM

the move by china government to ban initial coin inferring (ICO) is a very welcome development to me! if you want to start up a company you should have at least have raised up to 20percent of total funds required to run the campaign, before calling for investors to invest their money in your project, but what we are experiencing lately in cryptocurrency world is different, ICOs everywhere, it wasn't like a year ago, some sorts of individuals/group of persons will just wake up one morning, comes up with idea and the next thing they will launch an ICO project and at the end of it all they will disappear with investors money. cryptocurrenty needs to be regulated to save investors for loosing funds
Yes and most of the times the idea itself is a copy of the existing projects. I agree that the developers, promoters of ICOs should put in some of their own money into the project first to build the confidence and trust of the investors that the project is being taken seriously by the team of the ICOs themselves. I agree that if all the regulations planned to be brought aim at safeguarding the interests of investors and innocent people's money then they must be brought and enforced strictly.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
MiBambino

View Profile
September 15, 2017, 10:51:29 AM

China will abandon cryptos until they notice we can continue without them, that's when they'll get back in. Pieces of shit complaining about the safety of their people, lol all they want is to have the biggest piece of the pie, and if they can't have it they'll try everything they can to stop others from getting it.

imusify
                                                                                                                     Backed By NEO

▝██▄                                        ▄██▘
   ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Explainer
Video
kambaralikhan

Activity: 378
Merit: 101

CARTESI 📱 INFRASTRUCTURE FOR DAPPS

View Profile
September 15, 2017, 11:09:45 AM

I think this ban on ICO is a temporary ban and it will be allowed again in China in near future because ban on ICO is almost equal to ban on cryptocurriencies  and which Government of China can't afford because cryptocurriencies are the future of payments.
Successful ICOs will not refund money to people because they are not bound under terms to refund.

MiBambino

View Profile
September 15, 2017, 11:23:52 AM

I think this ban on ICO is a temporary ban and it will be allowed again in China in near future because ban on ICO is almost equal to ban on cryptocurriencies  and which Government of China can't afford because cryptocurriencies are the future of payments.
Successful ICOs will not refund money to people because they are not bound under terms to refund.

They will succeed in banning cryptos. You think the chinese government wants its people to be harder to track and tax? They won't stop until they either find a way to regulate and profit from cryptos, or until they completely ban them.

imusify
                                                                                                                     Backed By NEO