Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 09:38:38 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: is no more ICO's  (Read 1008 times)
Dmprj_Sam (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 01:40:51 AM

what will be the future of ICO's based on China's ban?
_IRMAN
Copper Member

Activity: 1400
Merit: 103

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 01:50:44 AM

I understand a lot of big investors from china, but I think ICO investors not only come from China, but from all over the world .
so I think ICO will survive without China investors Cool
blockchainmarketus

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 01:55:11 AM

I understand a lot of big investors from china, but I think ICO investors not only come from China, but from all over the world .
Without Chinese investors, there will be more ICOs coming. The globe is very wide. The crypto users are millions. There are many people outside china that use cryptocurrencies. Vitalik Buterin isn't from China. Don't worry about not many ICOs anymore. There will be new projects , don't worry about that.
Wildwest

Activity: 1782
Merit: 318

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 01:57:46 AM

Totally agree, Although China has blocked ICO It is impossible that some people who want to walk with the ICO they just stop. There's so many countries that still allow an ICO. I guess don't panic all is well.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
Painbird

Activity: 552
Merit: 102

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 02:25:20 AM

I think China investors are involved very clearly in Ivor market  but now not only china many peoples are joined ico without China, so it's very positive news for btc lovers.

Images21

Activity: 567
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 02:32:18 AM

There will be no future for ICOs in china. Lucky were those that launched their ICOs earlier and got success with the help of investors. With the new policy implemented right now, there will no more ICOs in china. The country's pretty strict when it comes to laws, so I think no risk takers will be doing some underground or illegal ICOs.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
MBworld

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 03:00:27 AM

Its not ban per say , rather China planning to bring its own flavour of ICOs, like they did banning fb and google in initial stages .. one cant ban like this as they will grow up from other corner of the world and quality ICOs will keep rising like one of the is Ambrosus The combination of the maturity of the technology and the brainpower and creativity of participating actors provide a unique and clear opportunity to build a bridge between Ethereum and the food sector
indrakusumaindra

Activity: 728
Merit: 101

The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 03:32:18 AM

Without Chinese investors, there will be more ICOs coming. The globe is very wide. The crypto users are millions. There are many people outside china that use cryptocurrencies. Vitalik Buterin isn't from China. Don't worry about not many ICOs anymore. There will be new projects , don't worry about that.
yes it does. there is still many of investor outside china. But what i mostly afraid of is more country, more governance related to cryptocurreny and ico that would limited the development of ico and coin. this so sad a good technology such as blockchain couldnt be accepted by society cause some party that think that bad for business

VeteranCoin

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 03:45:54 AM

yes it does. there is still many of investor outside china. But what i mostly afraid of is more country, more governance related to cryptocurreny and ico that would limited the development of ico and coin. this so sad a good technology such as blockchain couldnt be accepted by society cause some party that think that bad for business

Just a bump in the road. ICOs were heating up too fast anyway. This will give everyone a change to slow down. China likes to ban crytocurrencies because China manipulates their own currency so much that they know they are losing control. But that's the point and crypto can't be stopped!
Drizzlepistol

Activity: 134

Decentralized Ascending Auctions on Blockchain

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 04:04:54 AM

no more ICO or Scam ICO from China so many ICO on bitcointalk still alive

iBid     ▐     Decentralized Auctions on Blockchain    (    About us    Telegram   )
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬             AN  AUCTION    ❱   All auctions start at     $0

[  ◥   Google Play      ◥   App Store  ]   ██ SIGN UP ██        with no minimum reserve
13abyknight

Activity: 602
Merit: 252

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 04:16:53 AM

Not only China but even powerhouses like Russia and Korea have followed suite with the ICO ban. This is very bad news for all the legitimate ICOs as major investing players were from China and Russia. More altcoins are sure to resurface after this but will need more than just an ICO to get started which seems to be very difficult in this crypto world with the amount of different come out there.
RenegadeMind
Copper Member

Activity: 1380
Merit: 504

THINK IT, BUILD IT, PLAY IT! --- XAYA

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2017, 04:23:04 AM

The ban is silly as there are ways around it. The issue is probably move motivated by currency controls than anything else.

Hyperme.sh

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 04:23:40 AM

It is not just China. Singapore, South Korea, Russia, and the SEC are giving warnings about enforcement action coming against ICOs.

All ICO-issued coins will become delisted from exchanges and illegal to use and trade.

This will become enforced worldwide eventually.

The ban is silly as there are ways around it.

There will be no way around it. The prosecutions and delistings will make ICO-issued coins something that nobody wants to touch.
iluvbtc

Activity: 221

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 04:37:20 AM

China is a very centralized control economy, I think they will allow ICO on designated (controlled) blockchains,
RenegadeMind
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2017, 04:46:51 AM

There will be no way around it. The prosecutions and delistings will make ICO-issued coins something that nobody wants to touch.

I certainly hope that you're wrong. It amounts to throwing the baby out with the bath water.

pawanjain

Activity: 2716
Merit: 720

Nothing lasts forever

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 04:51:50 AM

The Chinese men has banned ICOs because many ICOs have scammed people recently. ICOs just raise the fund and scam people and run away.
Its a good attempt by them. This doesn't mean there wont be ICOs. There will be ICOs coming but the number of ICOs would be less. If there won't be any ICOs then how would a coin enter the crypto market. I guess there would be some rules for them to be followed in the upcoming days. The number of ICOs will decrease now. The less ICOs the less chances of people being scammed.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Hyperme.sh

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 04:52:11 AM

I certainly hope that you're wrong. It amounts to throwing the baby out with the bath water.

There is no problem. We can still launch new coins employing fundraising, which won’t create an investment security for the tokens. We just have to do it the clever legal way.

This doesn't mean there wont be ICOs. There will be ICOs coming but the number of ICOs would be less. If there won't be any ICOs then how would a coin enter the crypto market.

ICOs are dead and will not come back. The situation for them will get worse and worse over the coming months and year, until all the hard-headed have been punished.

Coins can be issued with proof-of-work or with the clever legal way.
Westfiled

Activity: 271

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 04:58:19 AM

The chinese ico willl be banned from the chinese right now, but those ico were based in the chinese Country will be fine. Like there are some projects in slovenian even Swiss will be fine and didn't get any impact caused by the chinese regulation.

OIKOS.CASH      Decentralized finance on Tron   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   Collateral-backed stable-coins
         github  telegram    twitter    discord           synthetic asset trading and trustless token exchange on TRON
hisuka

Activity: 882
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 05:06:08 AM

no more ICO or Scam ICO from China so many ICO on bitcointalk still alive
Even ICO has banned from China, I believe there will still be an ICO will be coming and will still alive. Yes, I guess those Scam ICO's will be lessen because of this happen. So more likely, more to come ICO that is still legit and will invest into it.
RenegadeMind
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2017, 05:09:46 AM

There is no problem. We can still launch new coins employing fundraising, which won’t create an investment security for the tokens. We just have to do it the clever legal way.

This doesn't mean there wont be ICOs. There will be ICOs coming but the number of ICOs would be less. If there won't be any ICOs then how would a coin enter the crypto market.

ICOs are dead and will not come back. The situation for them will get worse and worse over the coming months and year, until all the hard-headed have been punished.

Coins can be issued with proof-of-work or with the clever legal way.

Excuse my ignorance, but I'm not clearly seeing what the "clear legal way" is. Reading here (where you linked):

https://steemit.com/cryptocurrency/@anonymint/re-h0bby1-re-anonymint-are-most-cryptocurrencies-doomed-to-collapse-because-they-re-ico-issued-20170904t001326092z

I'm not seeing the "clever way".

I'm not a lawyer, so this is beyond my expertise.

I see how PoW gets around the Howey Test. But for crowdfunding a project, I'm not really seeing "the clever way". (Maybe it's just late and I'm being stupid.)

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: