Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 08:12:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: is no more ICO's  (Read 1008 times)
Hyperme.sh

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 05:13:49 AM

The ban is silly as there are ways around it.

There will be no way around it. The prosecutions and delistings will make ICO-issued coins something that nobody wants to touch.

I certainly hope that you're wrong. It amounts to throwing the baby out with the bath water.

There is no problem. We can still launch new coins employing fundraising, which won’t create an investment security for the tokens. We just have to do it the clever legal way.

This doesn't mean there wont be ICOs. There will be ICOs coming but the number of ICOs would be less. If there won't be any ICOs then how would a coin enter the crypto market.

ICOs are dead and will not come back. The situation for them will get worse and worse over the coming months and year, until all the hard-headed have been punished.

Coins can be issued with proof-of-work or with the clever legal way.

Excuse my ignorance, but I'm not clearly seeing what the "clear legal way" is. Reading here (where you linked):

https://steemit.com/cryptocurrency/@anonymint/re-h0bby1-re-anonymint-are-most-cryptocurrencies-doomed-to-collapse-because-they-re-ico-issued-20170904t001326092z

I'm not seeing the "clever way".

I'm not a lawyer, so this is beyond my expertise.

I see how PoW gets around the Howey Test. But for crowdfunding a project, I'm not really seeing "the clever way". (Maybe it's just late and I'm being stupid.)

Click the link to the blog so you can read the section:

Did you see “he” proposed an alternative to proof-of-work distribution which he claims would avoid the problem? See the section, “Pre-mine Without Securitization” …
pinoycash

Activity: 1316
Merit: 514

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2017, 05:15:53 AM

this event is a small bump on the road, Chinese investors will always finds a way to invest in ICO's, but for ICO operator they need to migrate to other country to continue with their operations.

▄▆▆▄
           ▄████████▄
        ▄██████████████▄
     ▄███████      ███████▄
  ▄███████            ███████▄
███████                  ███████
█████▀                    ▀▀██▀
█████
█████                       ▄▆█
█████                   ▆██████
█████                   ████████
  ▀█                   █▀ ▐████
▄                          ▐████
██▆▄▄                    ▄█████
███████                  ███████
  ▀███████            ███████▀
     ▀███████      ███████▀
        ▀██████████████▀
           ▀████████▀

. Graphene Airdrop Coming Soon by Phore .
  █████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
█████████               ████████
█████████           ▅▆████████▌
█████████     ▅▅▆████████████▌
█████████▆█████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████▀▀▀
████████████████▀▀▀
█████████▀▀
█████████
█████████
Hyperme.sh

Activity: 98

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 05:23:52 AM
Last edit: September 05, 2017, 06:44:43 AM by Hyperme.sh

this event is a small bump on the road, Chinese investors will always finds a way to invest in ICO's, but for ICO operator they need to migrate to other country to continue with their operations.

Chinese don’t speculate on illegitimate things. They speculated on ICOs because they could pitch a greater fool message that these were something that would be the future. How can they have that sales pitch when most of the major nations will eventually be making ICOs illegal?

China, Russia, Singapore, and South Korea have already made announcements. The SEC also warned and will likely make enforcement announcement soon, which will cause another massive crash to lower levels.

Speculators still haven’t digested that this affects all the ICO-issued tokens, not just the China affiliated ones.

More and more crashing to come for ICO-issued tokens. (May get a dead-cat bounce which would be a good time to sell)

The other nations’ security regulators are not going to stand by and do nothing and let their citizens be subjected to scams, while the Asian countries protect their citizens. That would be very embarrassing to Western nations and abrogation of their responsibility and duty. There is already a contagion of a critical mass of nations now. This is unstoppable and ICOs are dead.

can be banning existing ICO

Existing ICO-issued tokens will become illegal, because investment securities are illegal to exchange if not on a registered exchange. And illegally issued investment securities are never legal to trade.

Thus ICO-issued tokens can not be spent decentralized. They are useless because can’t function as a cryptocurrency. At least not legally.
MV7

Activity: 322
Merit: 107

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 05:35:14 AM

It might not be just China taking such a stance. South Korea recently said it will "punish" ICOs.

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
☆═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══☆
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

【 BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN 】
☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆
aaroc90

Activity: 140

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 06:27:56 AM

In the event that ICO does cease to exist what is the primary way that new projects will get going?

Will a legitimate platform with background checks/increased security etc be created for this?

Pigzbe
⇐ ● Pigzbe is a piggy-wallet powered by a family-friendly cryptocurrency ● ⇒
○ ○ ○ ➀ WEBSITEWHITEPAPERTELEGRAMTWITTERFACEBOOK  ○ ○ ○
Legendari

Activity: 266
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 06:39:43 AM

I think China has again spooked investors. As was the case in 2014 as it was last year. After some time, everything will be fine and prices will go up. Smiley

❤   humancoin   ❤   Join our whitelist!      ❤   humancoin   ❤
███████                  A new era of charity                    ███████
▄ ▄ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  Telegram | Reddit | Medium | Twitter | ANN Thread | Facebook   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄
Dyn@styN3rd

Activity: 168

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 06:56:46 AM

Thanks for the input. I was thinking yesterday what will happen to ICO's since it is now banned in China but reading all your posts here makes me still think positively regarding ICO's. I guess the saying "if there's a will, there's a way" applies to future ICO's. If China really bans it there are still other countries who will sure make it legal. But in the meantime, China banning ICO's is still a good way to stop ICO's scamming their investors.

I am still hoping though that they will still allow legal ICO's following the China's rules and regulations if there will be.
RoooooR
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

GigTricks.io | A CRYPTO ECOSYSTEM FOR ON-DEMAND EC

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 07:26:08 AM

i think this will not be a good implication for the china crypto industry. but come to think of it, i Believe NEO is from china right? maybe they want NEO to be their main core for the crypto or it's just many of the chinese businessmen see a big threat from ICO's that's why they are shutting it down?.

█ █ █ █ █
         ██           ██
       ██     █ █ █ █   ██
     ██    ██        ██
   ██   ██               
  ██   ██     ████████                  ██████████
            ███          ██   █████████     ██      ██████  ██   ███████  ██    ███   ███████
 ██   ██    ███              ██      ███    ██      ██          ███       ██   ███  ██
 ██   ██    ███  ██████  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██  ███   ██
            ███      ██  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██████     ███████
 ██   ██    ███      ██  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██  ██           ██
             ██      ██  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██   ███         ██
 ██   ██      ███████    ██   █████████     ██      ██      ██   ███████  ██    ███  ███████
  ██   ██                           ███
   ██    ██          ██            ███
     ██    ██ █ █ █ █   ██
       ██             ██
          █ █ █ █ █ █

Telegram     Facebook     Twitter     Medium
-------------------------------------------------------------------
.WEBSITE. |█| .WHITEPAPER.

......BOUNTY......
-----------------------------------
..ANN THREAD..
fabiorem

Activity: 1400
Merit: 347

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 08:38:41 AM

I'm just asking myself why people still obey the State. I thought the premise for cryptos was to get rid of banks, which is a State tentacle. Piratebay is still there despite the State persecution it suffered.
giveen

Activity: 826
Merit: 1004

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 11:27:40 AM

It doesn't matter china has banned many crypto related stuffs but if you notice the stats the most mining power is from china and the trading volume is also high compared to the world. Many will stop investing but that won't stop ico i hope you are aware that us residents can't invest in ico from starting so China's ban won't cause much of a difference.
Someone once said " Invest in whatever china bans"
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: