Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 01:25:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Receiving coins to encrypted wallet  (Read 679 times)
wasphead (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 12:56:50 PM

In Qt, I have managed to receive 10 Satoshis, encrypt my wallet, then send the 10 Satoshis from the encrypted wallet. So far, so good.

I then mine-pooled 1 Satoshi, and it was sent to me 1 hour ago. Qt has processed all up to date transactions, but my wallet is still empty. I have checked the address the coins were sent to, and it matches.

Is the delay due to it being such a small amount? Or must I unencrypt the wallet to receive funds? I can't see an option in Qt to unencrypt - encrypt is greyed out, and it will let me change the password, though I have not tried it yet.
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
wasphead (OP)

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 12:59:43 PM

I am using the 2nd address in my wallet for the 1 Satoshi I mined. The first address was only used for the 10 Satoshis to be received and then sent.

For the 2nd address, blockexplorer says:
First seen?: Never used on the network (as far as I can tell)
Received transactions: 0
Received BTC: 0
bitcoinchecker

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

Provider of Bitcoin products and services

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2013, 01:02:45 PM

In Qt, I have managed to receive 10 Satoshis, encrypt my wallet, then send the 10 Satoshis from the encrypted wallet. So far, so good.

I then mine-pooled 1 Satoshi, and it was sent to me 1 hour ago. Qt has processed all up to date transactions, but my wallet is still empty. I have checked the address the coins were sent to, and it matches.

Is the delay due to it being such a small amount? Or must I unencrypt the wallet to receive funds? I can't see an option in Qt to unencrypt - encrypt is greyed out, and it will let me change the password, though I have not tried it yet.

The wallet will accept funds while encrypted so that is not the problem.

Such a small amount will be delayed though.

Does your wallet show it as "unconfirmed" ?

Quality Bitcoin T-shirts for sale http://thevillageidiotme.ipage.com/shop.html
huadylmate

Activity: 215
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 01:09:05 PM

I doubt you can send 10 satoshi, because you would need to pay 0.0005 BTC in fees.
edit: I see, you just received it. When you encrypt your wallet, the 10 satoshi doesnt move so you could not send it yourselves.

About the 1 satoshi from pool. Never heard of such small amounts you can get, even one share from pay per share pool is worth hundreds of satoshi. Also you would need to request the amount from the pool to receive it.

If you will see differences from blockexplorer and fully downloaded blockchain in bitcoin qt wallet, come here again  Wink
wasphead (OP)

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 01:33:25 PM

yes, it seems it takes about 6 hours +/- a few mins to receive such a low amount. just earned my 2nd one. would have been quicker if a fee was paid. payments are automatic btw. thanks for the help Smiley
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 4616

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 09:30:38 PM

yes, it seems it takes about 6 hours +/- a few mins to receive such a low amount. just earned my 2nd one. would have been quicker if a fee was paid. payments are automatic btw. thanks for the help Smiley

Which pool?
Huh
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: