Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 08:32:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: With this site i guess LTC value will easily hit 10€. What do you guys think?  (Read 1690 times)
wizzardTim (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1000

Reality is stranger than fiction

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 02:51:54 PM

I just read about this on reddit: https://www.cryptospend.net/

If we can buy anything with btc or ltc then thats the best news i've heard since a long time...

What do you think?

Behold the Tangle Mysteries! Dare to know It's truth.

- Excerpt from the IOTA Sacred Texts Vol. I

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
abuelau

Activity: 750
Merit: 500

www.coinschedule.com

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 02:54:02 PM

It's not really scalable, seems there are lots of manual steps. Not sure if they would be able to handle thousands of orders per day.

Know what's happening in cryptoworld: www.coinschedule.com
wizzardTim (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 02:55:19 PM

It's not really scalable, seems there are lots of manual steps. Not sure if they would be able to handle thousands of orders per day.

Yes, but the idea is awesome, isnt it?

abuelau

Activity: 750

www.coinschedule.com

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 02:56:34 PM

The idea is good, the implementation could be better... I would like to see someone do the same in a fully automated way.

Know what's happening in cryptoworld: www.coinschedule.com
esenminer

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 10:29:12 PM

I'd be cautious with this website.

Say you are providing this service - you would need a large cash reserve to make the purchases. This cash would constantly be getting replaced by LTC (say) and then it would have be converted back to cash to make more purchases and this would always results in some loss from fees say 1-2%. You have to make up that 1-2% by charging a little bit more in LTC + 5-10% profit or else why do it? Your loss in fees and profit is calculated by % yet these guys are charging a flat rate. If I purchase a computer for 500 LTC they need to in a sense purchase that LTC from me for $1500 USD when they purchase the computer - when they convert that 500 LTC back into cash (at some point) if they lose 1% in fees they will end up with $1485 a loss of $13.50 if you factor in the extra .5 LTC they took.  LTC's price would have to rise by more than 1% from the period a purchase is made to when they convert back just for them to maintain a constant cash reserve never mind expenses. Essentially they would seem to be betting that the price of coins is steadily going to rise by more than 1%.

On the other hand putting together a website like theirs including the basic backend, login and SSL could be done for a couple of hundred dollars. If even 100 people put in orders averaging 50 LTC that's a cool 5000 LTC worh $15k, not bad. Not suggesting that this is what they are doing in any way.
wizzardTim (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 07:49:53 AM

I'd be cautious with this website.

Say you are providing this service - you would need a large cash reserve to make the purchases. This cash would constantly be getting replaced by LTC (say) and then it would have be converted back to cash to make more purchases and this would always results in some loss from fees say 1-2%. You have to make up that 1-2% by charging a little bit more in LTC + 5-10% profit or else why do it? Your loss in fees and profit is calculated by % yet these guys are charging a flat rate. If I purchase a computer for 500 LTC they need to in a sense purchase that LTC from me for $1500 USD when they purchase the computer - when they convert that 500 LTC back into cash (at some point) if they lose 1% in fees they will end up with $1485 a loss of $13.50 if you factor in the extra .5 LTC they took.  LTC's price would have to rise by more than 1% from the period a purchase is made to when they convert back just for them to maintain a constant cash reserve never mind expenses. Essentially they would seem to be betting that the price of coins is steadily going to rise by more than 1%.

On the other hand putting together a website like theirs including the basic backend, login and SSL could be done for a couple of hundred dollars. If even 100 people put in orders averaging 50 LTC that's a cool 5000 LTC worh $15k, not bad. Not suggesting that this is what they are doing in any way.

They will probably have to charge more LTC than the real cost of the purchased item, due to fees, shipping costs (they'll have to send the item again) and profit for themselves. I guess that they instantly exchange the LTC to fiat through some exchange, which would add more time for the delivery of the item, but you will be free from all the exchange-to-fiat process.

Still i do not plan to use them, unless I have some testimonies of their honesty.

It is a great idea BTW, what we need is just a gateway like that between amazon and ebay.

Liquid

Activity: 826

Crypto Somnium

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 07:56:25 AM

and the only contact info is his email ....

Sounds like a great idea though  Smiley

Bitcoin will show the world what hard money really is.
Kryptox

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 08:45:16 AM

This site alone will probably not drive Litecoin to 10€, as nice as that would be.

I like the idea though and think it's a great start and positive move for LTC and BTC.  It can be a driver for people to buy into either coin if they don't have a credit card, or if they don't want any record of a particular purchase on their credit card bill.

The operator needs to have a rep thread.
fragout
Legendary

Activity: 1279
Merit: 1018

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 09:30:22 AM

and the only contact info is his email ....

Sounds like a great idea though  Smiley

which is a gmail address (for extra confidence)
As the above poster said , the flat fee dosnt make sense. What if you wanted to buy and item woth 2 ltc
I presume he buys the items with the customers shipping address
nice idea though in principle
esenminer

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 10:39:14 AM

İ think if we could get the bitcoinstore.com to start accepting ltc (even if the website name doesnt apply Smiley ) that would be more likely to push prices up.
Wilderness

Activity: 154

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 10:58:50 AM

kudos on the idea, it succeeding would be good for crypto in general. However it seems a tough model from a business perspective.

Some considerations;

What are the tax implications? Would you just have to pay tax on the fees received?
Once the item is paid for, wouldn't the warranty and customer service then be the responsibility of the site?
If the site needed to convert LTC / BTC into fiat what fee's / tax would be due on that?

Even if not, the customer service expected would be a pain in the ass I'd imagine. Or bookkeeping for such small margins. I assume the goal is to be able to get it all automated.
fbassett

Activity: 61
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 11:17:14 AM

Its a nice idea, but I tend to agree with esenminer in that you would have to be cautious in dealing with them.
shaunb

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 01:07:55 PM

10 Euro?  Yeah, not quite.  I see Litecoin easily hitting that in the near term, but not because of this.

It's a nice start though and I hope it works out.
wizzardTim (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 03:29:32 PM

kudos on the idea, it succeeding would be good for crypto in general. However it seems a tough model from a business perspective.

Some considerations;

What are the tax implications? Would you just have to pay tax on the fees received?
Once the item is paid for, wouldn't the warranty and customer service then be the responsibility of the site?
If the site needed to convert LTC / BTC into fiat what fee's / tax would be due on that?

Even if not, the customer service expected would be a pain in the ass I'd imagine. Or bookkeeping for such small margins. I assume the goal is to be able to get it all automated.

Yes, automation would be ideal.

If this site works out well, then we could buy ANYTHING with our LTC.  Cool

TrinaVella

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 05:41:20 PM

Nice work.  Is the owner on this forum?
jjiimm_64
Legendary

Activity: 1876

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 05:46:56 PM

what ltc needs is for silkroad to start excepting them...  then they will quickly be .25!

1jimbitm6hAKTjKX4qurCNQubbnk2YsFw
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 06:47:34 PM

Wow they ONLY charge you 0.01BTC or 0.5 LTC.

WOW 0.5 LTC? lolz

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

esenminer

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 07:01:57 PM

İ think if we could get the bitcoinstore.com to start accepting ltc (even if the website name doesnt apply Smiley ) that would be more likely to push prices up.

I started a thread to get this idea going. Please see this thread

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=216669.new#new

and like this post

https://www.facebook.com/BitcoinStore/posts/102474559962561
nviere

Activity: 168

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 07:52:08 PM

Well buying anything comes with a high(er) price obviously. So no, I am sure that this wont let LTC rise to €10
papaminer

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

Free World

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2013, 05:14:11 PM

I think the main problem now is... whether you will really get the item or not...

the fees are very cheap... for all the hassle they're trying to do...

฿: 1L7dSte4Rs4KyyxRCgrqSWYtkXdAb4Gy1z

MORE INFO ABOUT ME: BTC
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: