Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 11:40:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin7 - Official letter, following first week of operation  (Read 16304 times)
Tasty Champa

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 25, 2011, 02:10:24 AM

dwolla transfer into B7 yesterday took less than 1 minute, I'm serious.
i expected to wait 8-24 hours like the others, it was less than 1 minute, seemed "almost instant" takes longer to get BC confirmed than it did to get money in.

You guys can talk as much shit as you want,
but when it comes to people doing shit right, how shit is supposed to work,
you can't really beat that.

Dwolla transfer? They aren't currently accepting Dwolla transfers...............maybe you meant libery reserve?

Hmm, are you sure?
I just did it yesterday, maybe transfer "into" b7? is the key word.
If that's not the case I don't know how it worked so fast getting money in.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Tronlet

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 25, 2011, 03:28:29 AM

I personally value private conversations a lot and am far more upset about the fact that some people here seem to have used direct quotes from or even posted full PMs in public than what was written in this text.

That's very true, you're right. These weren't as personal or private as others, but privacy is still expected.

Like said, it was probably a poor judgement case, and this doesn't affect my trust in the company too severely as I've now begun some trading on there, albeit cautious as I would be with any new service.

I'm not trying to be too obnoxious about this (which is why I stopped feeding the troll), so I won't mention it much more.

Bitcoin7, a statement would be appreciated since as far as I know the company has been silent so far. I'm sure there's a good explanation, we'd just like to hear it from the company itself. That's all.

FlipPro
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1015

View Profile
June 25, 2011, 04:32:28 AM

dwollas down ?
phillipsjk
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1001

Let the chips fall where they may.

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2011, 05:18:34 AM
Last edit: June 25, 2011, 05:37:30 AM by phillipsjk

Is there are reason you followed Tradehill's lead and registered using domainsbyproxy?

Maybe Bitcoin7 is Tradehill!

James' OpenPGP public key fingerprint: EB14 9E5B F80C 1F2D 3EBE  0A2F B3DE 81FF 7B9D 5160
saqwe

Activity: 700
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 25, 2011, 06:01:16 AM

Hello Everyone,

Just wanted to post from my own forum account an introduction.
I will be posting from it in the future.

Great post, thanks for clearing up alot of the questions people have been having.

This forum is known for ripping people and business apart. I think its a good thing, looks at it as constructive criticism.

Welcome to the forums Smiley

me love b7 Smiley
Nescio

Activity: 56
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 25, 2011, 04:03:49 PM

Why should they address that on this thread? It's been covered on different threads and those who received messages (including myself) from B7 to promote them have mostly disclosed what the details were.

The problem is that there were at least 2 different messages. Most (like you I presume) got the benign one, others (like jgarzik and Bruce Wagner) got one which an ethics officer in a real company would term unethical bribery. The fact that bitcoin7 knowingly made the distinction says enough.

Since you have made a sweeping statement calling everyone who doesn't agree with you a hypocrite, I see no reason to further debate ethics with you.

BTW, hypocrites in this context would be people who bribed others, or said they wouldn't do business with bitcoin7 and did anyway, not anyone who told their girlfriend that her new haircut really looks great.

Quote from: finnthecelt
Some cultures would not even consider promoting your service without some type of kickback. Indeed, they would be offended.

Hey, raging on Bulgaria again? You racist! QED

Now STFU! And of course trolls keep trollin'. What else can you do?

Heh, that's like saying "anyone below this line has lost the argument <----->".
TriumVir

Merit: 0

View Profile
June 25, 2011, 05:44:04 PM

A question - on the BitCoin7 site it states that Dwolla withdrawals cost 0.25%. Is that correct? You're charging a percentage as opposed to the usual flat 25 cent rate? Or is that % sign a typo?

See https://www.bitcoin7.com/index.php?show=withdraw_funds
Tronlet

View Profile
June 25, 2011, 08:00:19 PM

or said they wouldn't do business with bitcoin7 and did anyway
I haven't actually done any trading yet as Dwolla transfers, it would seem, are still prevented. You're right that I'm a hypocrite for even trying, though. Since everyone debating the same point as me seemed to have disappeared, and I was on little sleep with everyone calling me a troll, I figured I was missing something and just tried making peace as best I could. Was tired and stupid, shouldn't have cared or kept on feeding them.

Thanks for the support though, this is just what I'm talking about.

HideousBeastManGuy

View Profile
June 27, 2011, 01:41:33 AM

I can't login, I enter username and password and it doesn't do anything but clear the username and password fields.  Just started happening about an hour ago
finnthecelt

Activity: 140

View Profile
June 27, 2011, 01:46:46 AM

Why should they address that on this thread? It's been covered on different threads and those who received messages (including myself) from B7 to promote them have mostly disclosed what the details were.

The problem is that there were at least 2 different messages. Most (like you I presume) got the benign one, others (like jgarzik and Bruce Wagner) got one which an ethics officer in a real company would term unethical bribery. The fact that bitcoin7 knowingly made the distinction says enough.

Since you have made a sweeping statement calling everyone who doesn't agree with you a hypocrite, I see no reason to further debate ethics with you.

BTW, hypocrites in this context would be people who bribed others, or said they wouldn't do business with bitcoin7 and did anyway, not anyone who told their girlfriend that her new haircut really looks great.

Some cultures would not even consider promoting your service without some type of kickback. Indeed, they would be offended.

Hey, raging on Bulgaria again? You racist! QED

Now STFU! And of course trolls keep trollin'. What else can you do?

Heh, that's like saying "anyone below this line has lost the argument <----->".

Let's set the record straight; I didn't call everyone who doesn't agree with me a hypocrite, I called EVERYONE a hypocrite. Big difference.

"Some cultures", etc..... I wasn't referring to Bulgarians you fool. You falsely label me a racist. I'm not a racist, I'm a bigot. My bigotry tends towards the disdain of idiocy. Which you demonstrate.

"Heh that's like saying....."etc., No it wasn't a closing argument and a "I win" after that statement. I just meant, STFU.
chuckypalumbo

Activity: 148

View Profile
June 27, 2011, 01:58:05 AM

A question - on the BitCoin7 site it states that Dwolla withdrawals cost 0.25%. Is that correct? You're charging a percentage as opposed to the usual flat 25 cent rate? Or is that % sign a typo?

See https://www.bitcoin7.com/index.php?show=withdraw_funds

I'm seeing the same thing, what's going on here? I've been recommending people join BT7 and I'd like to be able to continue to do so without seeing transaction fee hikes etc. etc.
Nescio

View Profile
June 28, 2011, 12:20:02 AM

"Some cultures", etc..... I wasn't referring to Bulgarians you fool. You falsely label me a racist. I'm not a racist, I'm a bigot. My bigotry tends towards the disdain of idiocy. Which you demonstrate.

Heh, I must stop using irony, it seems this forum needs some jokes spelled out. This particular (apparently wasted) attempt tied into bitcoin7 painting themselves victims of racism against Bulgarians. If you seriously thought I think you're a racist you're the idiot. Now I'll STFU.
Tasty Champa

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 28, 2011, 12:38:40 AM

Hobbies.
Tronlet

View Profile
June 28, 2011, 12:50:32 AM

"Heh that's like saying....."etc., No it wasn't a closing argument and a "I win" after that statement. I just meant, STFU.
Which is why you tried to shut him down and stop him from voicing his valid opinion for no reason at all except to close the argument on your side with a mocking "And of course trolls keep trollin'. What else can you do?"

Cool story bro.

finnthecelt

View Profile
June 28, 2011, 03:32:40 AM

Heh, I must stop using irony, it seems this forum needs some jokes spelled out. This particular (apparently wasted) attempt tied into bitcoin7 painting themselves victims of racism against Bulgarians. If you seriously thought I think you're a racist you're the idiot. Now I'll STFU.

No, I'll STFU!!    Grin
finnthecelt

View Profile
June 28, 2011, 03:34:28 AM

Which is why you tried to shut him down and stop him from voicing his valid opinion for no reason at all except to close the argument on your side with a mocking "And of course trolls keep trollin'. What else can you do?"

Cool story bro.

"And of course trolls keep trollin'. What else can you do?"

No, that was meant for you. I think you missed that part.
Chris (Bitcoin7.com)

Activity: 10

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2011, 01:37:55 PM

Dwolla & LibertyReserve functionality has just been restored to 100%
All pending transfers have been executed and all options are reactivated.
saqwe

Activity: 700
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 28, 2011, 01:56:26 PM

Would like to say I have used bitcoin7 for a few trades now. everything was 100% no issues. never had to speak to customer services because everything has just worked. (the way it should be)

Thats the way it should be  Cool
DamienBlack

View Profile
June 28, 2011, 02:15:41 PM

People referring your service keep scamming users of this forum. I'd like to know what you are doing about it. Are the users with these referral codes being having actions taken against them to discourage this behavior?

http://forum.bitcoin.org/index.php?topic=23569.0
http://forum.bitcoin.org/index.php?topic=23038.0
http://forum.bitcoin.org/index.php?topic=18543.0
http://forum.bitcoin.org/index.php?topic=20804.0
Chris (Bitcoin7.com)

Activity: 10

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2011, 02:19:06 PM

@ DamienBlack

We have deactivated already some of these spammers.
For some of them we have at least removed the referral IDs of the users who complained they didn't get anything.
We even had cases where it was not a scam and some BTCs have been exchanged.

If you have been scammed please let us know the exact details at info@bitcoin7.com and we will act accordingly and immediately.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: