Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 06:35:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Easy to use Gh/s miner?  (Read 446 times)
Scotia (OP)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 05:54:17 PM

I'm new to Bitcoin mining. I started by just upgrading my normal computers video card and running CGMiner at BTCGuild. I do about 200-230 Mh/s.
After a month I generated enough BTC to buy a 2013 American Silver Coin from AMAGI METALS. OVerall the last month has been an interesting Bitcoin Mining experience.

But I want to get to the Gh/s range. Everywhere I look. Doing this easily and affordable looks difficult.

1. Butterfly Labs - No shipping specifics - Limited Supply
2. Avalon - No Shipping specifics - Limited Supply - Difficult to use equipment
3. Block Eruptor by ASIC MINER - Costly - Limited Supply - Have to use bitcoins for initial purchase - I don't have bitcoins yet and MTGOX looks to be ridiculously difficult and aggravating to go through to get them.

So I just wanted some thoughts.

I want to pay USD for:
1. Trusted Hardware Company
2. Easy to use equipment
3. Reasonable cost

Does anything like this exist out there?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Zetor

Activity: 5

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 05:56:02 PM

not yet, AFAIK
Soul_Est

Activity: 7

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 06:19:45 PM

I'm with Zetor on this one. The easiest is usually the one you yourself create. If you check in Computer Hardware section of the Marketplace forum (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=75.0), I'm believe you may find something. If power is an issue however, many people are working on better solutions.
WillMilk4Coin

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 06:33:24 PM

At the moment, it will be difficult to meet your requirements. BFL has begun shipping their smallest units and they claim to be close to ramping up large production runs of the rest of their product lineup. To my knowledge, there's no more availability to get any Avalon products unless you buy their chips and assemble yourself. Getting anything other than an ASIC product is a very short-term investment option as difficulty will climb at some pretty staggering rates in the coming months. The benefit to GPU miners, however, is their ease of resale and recuperative costs.

There simply isn't enough competition for hardware out there. ...YET. Just give it some time, and you'll begin seeing new companies with much more affordable products ..and new types of mining services that we haven't yet seen. We're really just getting started with all this.

EDIT* Be careful of scam ASIC sellers. There are many!
Nasty

Activity: 16

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 06:44:32 PM

buy 6 7970s @ $330 and get 6 pci slot mobo & pci risers start hashing. slickdeals!net has them for that price and you can start hashing @ 3.6 Gh/s
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: