Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 03:55:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: PCIe Risers  (Read 662 times)
aviz123 (OP)

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 02:43:29 PM

Hello Friends,

I am currently in process to buy PCIe Risers in Quantity.

And there are tons and tons of different models and versions

I heard some guys saying

"Less Connectors" the better.... Some say use 6 Pin Connector... Some Say the Direct Sata Cable connector to PCIE Risers is better....

Help me. If you are going to build lots of RIGs.. what is the safe and best option

Any Links from Alibaba would be helpful too.

Thank You.
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
charles2k

Activity: 326
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 02:53:19 PM

What is "in Quantity" ?
I import each month at least 5000 PCIe risers to Europe so I have some experience.
Quality is differ, sometime no problem, sometime yes (mostly problems with bad USB cables).
Problem is, that almost each month we got a little different model...

Customers want mostly Molex version (70%) the rest 6Pin version.
Also there is new 008 version (white board/red cables with all three connectors - Molex/SATA/6pin) but is a little more expensive

Hello Friends,

I heard some guys saying

"Less Connectors" the better.... Some say use 6 Pin Connector... Some Say the Direct Sata Cable connector to PCIE Risers is better....

Help me. If you are going to build lots of RIGs.. what is the safe and best option

Thank You.
aviz123 (OP)

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 03:58:01 PM

Thanks for reply

I plan to buy around 500 PCIE Risers.

I heard the MOLEX versions have higher chances to get Burned far quickly?

Some say 6 Pin and Sata Connectors are a good option.. This is what makes me a bit confused.

I am currently using 6 pin.

Is V007 the best option..

Yeh i looked at the white colour ones, with all 3 connectors options.. Is it worth it? Paying high buck.

What is "in Quantity" ?
I import each month at least 5000 PCIe risers to Europe so I have some experience.
Quality is differ, sometime no problem, sometime yes (mostly problems with bad USB cables).
Problem is, that almost each month we got a little different model...

Customers want mostly Molex version (70%) the rest 6Pin version.
Also there is new 008 version (white board/red cables with all three connectors - Molex/SATA/6pin) but is a little more expensive

Hello Friends,

I heard some guys saying

Thank You.
Set Ready Go

Activity: 273
Merit: 17

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 05:08:59 PM

6 pin risers are for higher watt output, 6 pin pcie standard 75 watts no problem molex/sata max 54 watts? (correct me if im wrong)

so yea depends how power hungry your cards are from the pcie aswell.

also if you are gonna build alot of  rigs best roi for your rigs would be with server psus with picos and 6 pin risers then you wont need anything else.
MATHReX

Activity: 861
Merit: 281

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 05:21:01 PM

6 pin risers are for higher watt output, 6 pin pcie standard 75 watts no problem molex/sata max 54 watts? (correct me if im wrong)

so yea depends how power hungry your cards are from the pcie aswell.

also if you are gonna build alot of  rigs best roi for your rigs would be with server psus with picos and 6 pin risers then you wont need anything else.

Well, that's correct. As much as I know, a SATA cable as a whole can handle up to 106 watts while a molex can do around 150 watts from PSU side. So, if you connect a GPU which consumes 70 watts from risers then it's better to go with molex cable as SATA will overwork which can results in fire or second level damages in long term, not to forget the quality of SATA to molex that they ship with the risers.
Xexen4

Activity: 756
Merit: 290

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 05:37:36 PM

6pin pcie powered models are best (with molex or sata converted)
but if you want to build high rigs (8gpu+) also buy pcie power spliters too. you can use pcie power splitters on powering riser cards.
psu outputs not enough  sata/molex
sundownz

Activity: 714
Merit: 512

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2017, 11:53:14 PM

I have a ton of 6-pin models... zero failures in ~6 months or so total.

I have a few 4-pin MOLEX models and one failure in less than ~2 months.

So I will stick to the 6-pin units.

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
Za1n
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1011

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 01:08:27 AM

The 6-pin PCIe and 4-pin Molex powered riser boards will be able to handle the wattage of any video cards.

The SATA adapters might be able to handle the wattage on lower end cards or those that you under-volt, but with newer power hungry cards such as the Vegas or even 1080TI without proper undervolting you may be pushing them to the limit, even if you use only 1 per chain. If you can avoid the SATA powered boards.

Myself I prefer the 6-pin PCIe based ones, but I also use a lot of server PSU with the PCIe breakout boards, so this just ends up working out better. If you plan to use standard consumer PSUs you may have an easier time using the 4-pin Molex based risers.
MA3A

Activity: 241
Merit: 100

To Hash or not to Hash, that's what the question

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2017, 10:58:00 PM

there are new type of raisers with Surface Mount caps, not through hole, which eliminates the need for additional solid insultation at the bottom of pcb, but...there is another problem with them ... for some reason pcie slot sits higher on pcb like 3-5mm which made it impossible to fix card position with screw to the rig frame, had to find longer screw and leave it screwed half way in, kind of fixes card in horizontal position but it can wiggle vertically which sux.

https://www.facebook.com/Qubex-Denver-Data-Recovery-473541326020759/ - accepting coins as payment
www.qubexdatarecovery.info Professional data recovery service for PHYSICALLY DAMAGED (broken) DEVICES: RAID0/RAID5/HYBRID RAID/SSD/HDD/FLASH DRIVE/CELLPHONE/, ALL OS, up to LEVEL 4, ISO-10 Clean room/ISO-100 hoods, Pro tools and know-how.
NameTaken

Activity: 630
Merit: 502

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 11:09:02 PM

http://cryptomining-blog.com/9045-new-white-pci-e-extenders-with-multiple-power-connectors/
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: