Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 02:43:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Radiation Free Air-Tube Headphones  (Read 5157 times)
Mogumodz

Activity: 290
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 25, 2013, 04:45:46 PM

Pic snip

+1 haha

Bitcoin OTC rating GPG ID: 3E7974A1 P2Pool statistics: p2pool.info

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
grue
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1431

View Profile
May 25, 2013, 07:19:32 PM

What this doesn't do: Block all radiation

What this does do: Limit the amount of radiation traveling along the metal wire directly into your ear by creating an air gap which will create more resistance.
He did say 100% protection, so that implies at least 99.5% protection against "radiation". Regardless, bad english is not an excuse for making false claims.

Anything plugged directly into your cellphone can act as an antennae
true

and can direct the cell phone's network signal radiation more directly into your skull.
I'm pretty sure that antennas don't work that way.
An antenna (or aerial) is an electrical device which converts electric power into radio waves, and vice versa.

Air-tube headphones are considered one of the best methods of reducing this type of cell phone EM radiation exposure to the skull after using a bluetooth (which itself emits radiation but on a much weaker level). A wired headset tho is still safer than holding your phone directly to your head while in use. I don't think the OP intended any deceit yet simply made a mistake in communication. Anyone who wishes to reduce cell phone radiation to ones head, this product will do that.
I'm not going to even bother disputing the "dangers" of cellphone EM exposure. But how exactly does using a wired headphone w/ microphone cause more radiation exposure than bluetooth?

It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

Adblock for annoying signature ads | Enhanced Merit UI
gica_contra

Activity: 350

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 09:03:10 AM

These have as much benefit as the "purified quartz" my GF has in front of her LCD to absorb radiation  Grin. A harmless gimmick so I let her have her fun.
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2013, 12:43:55 PM
Last edit: May 26, 2013, 12:54:06 PM by TECSHARE

What this doesn't do: Block all radiation

What this does do: Limit the amount of radiation traveling along the metal wire directly into your ear by creating an air gap which will create more resistance.
He did say 100% protection, so that implies at least 99.5% protection against "radiation". Regardless, bad english is not an excuse for making false claims.

Anything plugged directly into your cellphone can act as an antennae
true

and can direct the cell phone's network signal radiation more directly into your skull.
I'm pretty sure that antennas don't work that way.
An antenna (or aerial) is an electrical device which converts electric power into radio waves, and vice versa.

Air-tube headphones are considered one of the best methods of reducing this type of cell phone EM radiation exposure to the skull after using a bluetooth (which itself emits radiation but on a much weaker level). A wired headset tho is still safer than holding your phone directly to your head while in use. I don't think the OP intended any deceit yet simply made a mistake in communication. Anyone who wishes to reduce cell phone radiation to ones head, this product will do that.
I'm not going to even bother disputing the "dangers" of cellphone EM exposure. But how exactly does using a wired headphone w/ microphone cause more radiation exposure than bluetooth?

You don't see how mounting what is functionally an antenna directly to your head might channel the EM radiation to it? I am not sure all the explaining in the world could fix your lack of understanding of basic scientific concepts.

As far as tinfoil hats, I guess the World Health Organization wears them too...

IARC CLASSIFIES RADIOFREQUENCY ELECTROMAGNETIC FIELDS AS POSSIBLY CARCINOGENIC TO HUMANS
www.iarc.fr/en/media-centre/pr/2011/pdfs/pr208_E.pdf
grue
Legendary

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 04:54:59 PM

You don't see how mounting what is functionally an antenna directly to your head might channel the EM radiation to it? I am not sure all the explaining in the world could fix your lack of understanding of basic scientific concepts.
But antennas do not work that way. They convert radio waves into electricity. That's it. They don't relay or amplify radio signals (that's a job for satellite dishes). Unless your 3.5mm jack is plugged into a radio transmitter, I wouldn't be worried.

IARC CLASSIFIES RADIOFREQUENCY ELECTROMAGNETIC FIELDS AS POSSIBLY CARCINOGENIC TO HUMANS
I debunked that in the other thread. there are much more mundane things that are considered "POSSIBLY CARCINOGENIC". If you're going to avoid cell phones, you might want to avoid ripened fruits as well.

TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2013, 10:49:08 PM

But antennas do not work that way. They convert radio waves into electricity. That's it. They don't relay or amplify radio signals (that's a job for satellite dishes). Unless your 3.5mm jack is plugged into a radio transmitter, I wouldn't be worried.

I debunked that in the other thread. there are much more mundane things that are considered "POSSIBLY CARCINOGENIC". If you're going to avoid cell phones, you might want to avoid ripened fruits as well.

You know that cell phones have to broadcast for you to be able to connect to the network right? Antennas can be used for sending waves as well as receiving them. So you listed other things that may cause cancer, that some how means that EM radiation doesn't? Like I said previously you have a gross misunderstanding of basic scientific concepts.
cp1

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

Stop using branwallets

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 11:02:53 PM

You have no understanding of science if you think cell phones can cause cancer.  Go look at the EM spectrum and see where cell phone frequencies lie.

Guide to armory offline install on USB key:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=241730.0
grue
Legendary

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 12:53:08 AM

You know that cell phones have to broadcast for you to be able to connect to the network right? Antennas can be used for sending waves as well as receiving them.
so your argument is:
radio waves -> piece of wire -> Huh -> radio waves into your brain. Something is off about that. Probably something involving a massive loss of EM energy when going from electrical energy to EM energy and vice versa.

So you listed other things that may cause cancer, that some how means that EM radiation doesn't? Like I said previously you have a gross misunderstanding of basic scientific concepts.
You claimed that since it's on the list of possibly carginogenic substances, it should be avoided. It's retarded to avoid EM radiation on that basis because other mundane things are on that list. Therefore, if you're avoiding EM radiation on the basis of it being on the list, you should avoid ripened fruits, just to be consistent.

TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2013, 02:28:35 AM

You know that cell phones have to broadcast for you to be able to connect to the network right? Antennas can be used for sending waves as well as receiving them.
so your argument is:
radio waves -> piece of wire -> Huh -> radio waves into your brain. Something is off about that. Probably something involving a massive loss of EM energy when going from electrical energy to EM energy and vice versa.

So you listed other things that may cause cancer, that some how means that EM radiation doesn't? Like I said previously you have a gross misunderstanding of basic scientific concepts.
You claimed that since it's on the list of possibly carginogenic substances, it should be avoided. It's retarded to avoid EM radiation on that basis because other mundane things are on that list. Therefore, if you're avoiding EM radiation on the basis of it being on the list, you should avoid ripened fruits, just to be consistent.

Go take a grade school tutorial on how radio waves propagate. It is not my job to fix the failings of your so called educators. The fact is EM waves travel better with minimal resistance along metal wires. Earphones are composed of metal wires that terminate in the ear. This is fact.

Have you ever considered that some of these questionable sources of carcinogens may have more than 1 level of risk? Your argument is still a strawman.
piit79

Activity: 336

Time for Plan ฿

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 12:41:08 PM

Go take a grade school tutorial on how radio waves propagate. It is not my job to fix the failings of your so called educators. The fact is EM waves travel better with minimal resistance along metal wires. Earphones are composed of metal wires that terminate in the ear. This is fact.

Have you ever considered that some of these questionable sources of carcinogens may have more than 1 level of risk? Your argument is still a strawman.

I am a licensed amateur radio operator (M0WTF here Smiley ) so I like to think I know a thing or two about radio waves.

@TECSHARE, your argument is that ordinary headset picks up the EM radiation from the phone and re-transmits it as EM nearer to your head. That is true. However both of these processes (EM -> electric current, AC -> EM) are extremely lossy (as the headset will inevitably be a non-resonant and very inefficient aerial). Say the headset might pick up 1/100 of the EM radiated by the phone (-20 dB) and then re-radiate 1/100 of it as EM again (-20 dB). The result is that, overall, just 1/10,000 (-40 dB) of the original EM is re-radiated near your head. Combine that with the fact that typical modern phone's RF power is less than 1 W - in that case, a mere 100 uW (micro watts, or millionths of watt) would be re-radiated near your head.
threeip

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2013, 04:54:46 PM

Combine that with the fact that typical modern phone's RF power is less than 1 W - in that case, a mere 100 uW (micro watts, or millionths of watt) would be re-radiated near your head.

So I would have more risk of cancer by say sitting next to my router or catching an electric bus to work?

ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ GPG:2AFD99BB ಠ_ಠ mon
grue
Legendary

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 05:05:39 PM

So I would have more risk of cancer by say sitting next to my router or catching an electric bus to work?
you get more non-ionizing radiation from sitting next to a light bulb. Tongue

threeip

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2013, 05:49:32 PM

not that you would know grue  Wink

ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ GPG:2AFD99BB ಠ_ಠ mon
ISAWHIM

Activity: 504

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 07:30:54 PM

I keep my phone in my jock-strap... will this protect me from testicular cancer from EMF if I use the earbud?

How about EMF from powerlines... from AM/FM broadcats towers... from space/sun... from my dashboard... from my EMF-emitter implanted in my heart, on my wrist, in front of my face (computer-screen), in my pocket (another WiFi/3G tablet)?

I'll stick with my foil helmet and vest and underwear! It is cheaper and makes me look like a space-man
bennybong

Activity: 682

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 07:34:57 PM

I was thinking well you know, mother Russia and all that... maybe they are useful around high nuclear fallout areas, Chernobyl?  

Okay nah I'm just f*cking with ya.  Grin
grue
Legendary

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 10:34:33 PM

I was thinking well you know, mother Russia and all that... maybe they are useful around high nuclear fallout areas, Chernobyl? 

Okay nah I'm just f*cking with ya.  Grin
take some RadAway or Rad-X Tongue

bitcoinarnold

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 10:37:41 PM

lol at these scams, just as bad as the "balance bracelets" with bs-ios
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2013, 10:49:56 PM

I am a licensed amateur radio operator (M0WTF here Smiley ) so I like to think I know a thing or two about radio waves.

@TECSHARE, your argument is that ordinary headset picks up the EM radiation from the phone and re-transmits it as EM nearer to your head. That is true. However both of these processes (EM -> electric current, AC -> EM) are extremely lossy (as the headset will inevitably be a non-resonant and very inefficient aerial). Say the headset might pick up 1/100 of the EM radiated by the phone (-20 dB) and then re-radiate 1/100 of it as EM again (-20 dB). The result is that, overall, just 1/10,000 (-40 dB) of the original EM is re-radiated near your head. Combine that with the fact that typical modern phone's RF power is less than 1 W - in that case, a mere 100 uW (micro watts, or millionths of watt) would be re-radiated near your head.

Thank you for affirming my statement. As some one who clearly knows the scientific basis behind radio wave propagation, do you agree that it is not only the wattage of the output, but also the FREQUENCY at which the signal is modulated which can have effects? Frequency is a very important component of this that was completely omitted.
piit79

Activity: 336

Time for Plan ฿

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 11:14:17 PM

Thank you for affirming my statement. As some one who clearly knows the scientific basis behind radio wave propagation, do you agree that it is not only the wattage of the output, but also the FREQUENCY at which the signal is modulated which can have effects? Frequency is a very important component of this that was completely omitted.

Well, I don't quite see where I affirmed your statement Smiley You just choose to see it that way.

The frequency possibly matters if the intensity of the radiation is significant - like at least a few watts right at your head for extended periods of time. (Regardless of the fact that any link between EM radiation and any disease is yet to be identified.)

My whole point was that in this case the intensity of the radiation is absolutely negligible.

Anyway, as I said, I don't mean to troll. If it makes anybody feel any better by all means go and buy the headphones. I'm just trying to debunk any false claims. People are very gullible these days and common sense seems to be a rare commodity Smiley
cp1

Activity: 616

Stop using branwallets

View Profile
May 28, 2013, 12:56:45 AM

The frequency is the only thing that matters.  Frequencies above (or equal to) those of UV light cause cancer.  It's that simple.

Guide to armory offline install on USB key:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=241730.0
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: