Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 03:55:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 2013-05-22 MIT Technology Review - Bitcoin Hits the Bigtime...  (Read 994 times)
kiko (OP)

Activity: 453
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 06:09:42 PM

http://www.technologyreview.com/news/515061/bitcoin-hits-the-big-time-to-the-regret-of-some-early-boosters/

via the guardian link-roll: http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/blog/2013/may/24/technology-links-newsbucket

Worth reading, it covers a lot of ground concisely. As was so well put in the New Yorker thread -- "Shows signs of actual journalism".
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
TraderTimm
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1121

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 06:41:03 PM

I don't get the "regret" angle at all. It assumes a few things - first, that any attempted regulation of bitcoin will ruin it, (it won't), and second, that any government attempts to "tame" the currency will be super-effective and stop any kind of commerce they don't want happening. (Still won't.)

I'm not feeling regret at all, except at the complete stupidity of those that believe bitcoin is going to be ruined. This is part of the plan - you get every government thinking they are in control, and then bitcoin turns their paper tokens into firestarter logs.

Why isn't this obvious?

fortitudinem multis - catenum regit omnia
cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 06:57:09 PM

I don't get the "regret" angle at all. It assumes a few things - first, that any attempted regulation of bitcoin will ruin it, (it won't), and second, that any government attempts to "tame" the currency will be super-effective and stop any kind of commerce they don't want happening. (Still won't.)

I'm not feeling regret at all, except at the complete stupidity of those that believe bitcoin is going to be ruined. This is part of the plan - you get every government thinking they are in control, and then bitcoin turns their paper tokens into firestarter logs.

Why isn't this obvious?

they're right.  i'm feeling regret.

for not having bought more Bitcoin. Cheesy
kiko (OP)

Activity: 453
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 07:03:33 PM

I think it's just another case of author-doesn't-get-to-write-the-headline syndrome.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: