Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 02:31:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Pre-ICO Higher Risk?  (Read 313 times)
eTardis (OP)

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2017, 04:49:01 PM

I have seen discussions on high bonuses for pre-ICO.  It seems to me this is appropriate for early investing.

My thought is the bonus is warranted as there is likely higher risk involved.  The pre-ICO might not be escrowed as it is being used to fund the marketing and launch of the ICO.  This means if the ICO fails to raise its minimum, the pre-ICO are simply out their investment, but certainly if the ICO is a success, then the early investors are rewarded for their risk.

I see the concern about early investors liquidating after the initial ICO close.  This could cause the price of the token to drop rapidly.  Is there any tricks to prevent this or slow it down?  My thought is the company that minted the token to hold enough demand (Say, 500,000 tokens distributed during pre-ICO, if the company held demand for 500,000 tokens at a fixed price (say final ICO price)) would this help stabilized the possible spike in sales at the ICO close?

edmundduke
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1007

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 06:51:17 PM

I have seen discussions on high bonuses for pre-ICO.  It seems to me this is appropriate for early investing.

My thought is the bonus is warranted as there is likely higher risk involved.  The pre-ICO might not be escrowed as it is being used to fund the marketing and launch of the ICO.  This means if the ICO fails to raise its minimum, the pre-ICO are simply out their investment, but certainly if the ICO is a success, then the early investors are rewarded for their risk.

I see the concern about early investors liquidating after the initial ICO close.  This could cause the price of the token to drop rapidly.  Is there any tricks to prevent this or slow it down?  My thought is the company that minted the token to hold enough demand (Say, 500,000 tokens distributed during pre-ICO, if the company held demand for 500,000 tokens at a fixed price (say final ICO price)) would this help stabilized the possible spike in sales at the ICO close?

Pretty much every ICO in existence has had a pre-ico. This is how whales and funds make their money from the sheep who buy the regular ICOs and it seems to be working just fine.
Legendari

Activity: 266
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 07:44:20 PM

About 90% of the coins lose in value compared to the price of ico and never recovered in price after the listing. Investing in ico you have to understand that with a 90% probability you do not make a profit if you hold your coins. The cryptocurrency market always increases on expectations and this is clearly seen in ico. The best strategy is to buy coins on ico ico pre and selling them at 2-3 times the price immediately after listing.

❤   humancoin   ❤   Join our whitelist!      ❤   humancoin   ❤
███████                  A new era of charity                    ███████
▄ ▄ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  Telegram | Reddit | Medium | Twitter | ANN Thread | Facebook   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄
vtos marketing

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 08:08:36 PM
Last edit: February 04, 2018, 06:32:06 PM by vtos marketing

I think the use of tokens form waves or ether to use on icos will be the best way to crowdfund real icos , we are devepoling a social video network using etherum tokens  VTOS, the idea is to pay the content creators and the viewers to give bandwidth using p2p, in the coming months will be doing the marketing here in this forum.

tha main problem i see is to give some test of the service not only showing the white paper and the marketing. so our ico will be launch with a working version of the service

hopefully, we can get your support in this coming months.

teaser

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8F1E__jnfc

Regards.

edgardo aguirre
VTOS
dead_m92

Activity: 650
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 08:11:51 PM

Well i have never trusted in any ico, not even in their pre-ico stage or ico-stage.. I only invest in them when they are listed on a exchange, i would never give money to anyone doesnt matter how good the return is, so why would i invest in one?
but yes, technically they are more riskier right now that we know that them could be turned illegal in any moment, this is something that those who invest into those kind of bussiness has to be aware.

███
             █████████
          ███████████████
        ███████████████████
       █████████████████████
       █████████████████████
       █████████████████████
       █████████▀▀▀▀▀██████
    █████████▀        █████████
 ███████████▌  ▄████▄▄████████████
████████████▌  ████████████████████
█████████████   ▀▀▀▀  █████████████