Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 10:19:32 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: People still don't get it.  (Read 1220 times)
Ucy (OP)

Activity: 2576
Merit: 402

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 04:52:11 PM

ICO wasn't banned by the Chinese government due to Regulation.  Chinese government are simply afraid of Cryptocurrency. NEO Altcoin was what triggered the ban by Chinese government..

I don't think NEO can be labeled a scam as it has a pretty solid team with good projects.
A Cryptocurrency conference was organized by NEO people in China, the next thing was a ban by the Govt. From my knowledge of the typical Chinese politician,  I bet they thought the developers were coming to prove a point,  encourage more developers & gradually take over their country. Chinese politician are mostly driven by competition with the developed countries. They probably felt that  USA and other big countries are anti ICO and got too relaxed in that area.
My theory is if the big countries begin to encourage ICOs alot more , Chinese politicians will panic and lift the ban on ICO.

The politicians will most likely fail because ICO cannot be regulated by government. Any ICO that is "regulated" by government cannot be considered as Cryptocurrency.
They will lift the ban when ICO becomes more successful and established.
tdeannova

Activity: 504
Merit: 102

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 05:47:31 PM

Yes I agree with you, politicians and the government of china probably not yet know much what is meant cryptocurrency. Just as my countrymen only know that ico is just a matter of raising money and to enrich the team and founder of the project.
I think it's just a matter of some people who just pick ico and get a scam project and the government does not want its citizens to lose much money due to a scam project.
IamMe13

Activity: 110
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 06:48:39 PM

We can't please everyone , that is they're thought to NEO maybe they have some experience of the so called scam, but hope that it will not affect the crypto world.
Piggy

Activity: 784
Merit: 1416

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2017, 06:53:30 PM

i think the gov in china is actually interested in the block chain technology, but i don't really know what is they real end game by playing this move
trumper

Activity: 406
Merit: 102

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2017, 07:02:53 PM

If the government of china bans ICO they will lose many opportunities against other countries while china is the leading country in this industry. Besides that I don't think regulations are needed.

DavidBrown

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 07:12:12 PM

CEO of eToro Trading Platform in China, described PboC's decision as "huge" and stated "it's bigger than anyone thinks." According to Efrima, the Chinese government does not want to ban blockchain development but only wants to reduce fraud. "
Dial-related trading and sales are officially banned. If you interpret the law literally, you are not allowed to participate in any pre-coded exchange activities, whether exchanging money or exchanging money into cash
I do not think NEO is a scam.
JonahCallan

Activity: 45

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 07:17:47 PM

We can't please everyone , that is they're thought to NEO maybe they have some experience of the so called scam, but hope that it will not affect the crypto world.
That is very little. Now NEO is rising again. I find many users still need NEO
meliodas

Activity: 742
Merit: 329

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 07:23:09 PM

ICO wasn't banned by the Chinese government due to Regulation.  Chinese government are simply afraid of Cryptocurrency. NEO Altcoin was what triggered the ban by Chinese government..

I don't think NEO can be labeled a scam as it has a pretty solid team with good projects.
A Cryptocurrency conference was organized by NEO people in China, the next thing was a ban by the Govt. From my knowledge of the typical Chinese politician,  I bet they thought the developers were coming to prove a point,  encourage more developers & gradually take over their country. Chinese politician are mostly driven by competition with the developed countries. They probably felt that  USA and other big countries are anti ICO and got too relaxed in that area.
My theory is if the big countries begin to encourage ICOs alot more , Chinese politicians will panic and lift the ban on ICO.

The politicians will most likely fail because ICO cannot be regulated by government. Any ICO that is "regulated" by government cannot be considered as Cryptocurrency.

Well said, if chinese would ban ICO, it would just literally mean that cryptocurrency will be illegal in their country. But, it's quite impossible for government to regulate cryptocurrency since it's decentralized. Maybe what they did will just be temporary. It would be such a waste because a big number of big investors are from China.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $| 
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
ChinkyEyes

Activity: 687
Merit: 301

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 07:24:28 PM

Just sit back and chill this will all blow over in the couple of weeks.
SavvyOli

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 07:25:36 PM

seems like a knee jerk reaction from someone that wants to be a part of this pie
ludbega

Activity: 840
Merit: 659

The All-in-One Cryptocurrency Exchange

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2017, 07:27:41 PM

Just speculation. China is well placed to bannish something for fun, to crash the price, and to wait for buyback.

When you look on Waves on China, really not sure than ICO will stop.

Regulation ok, but it will be so fast. But regulation = insider trading for me. So...

Un tiens vaut mieux que 2 tu l'auras
VeteranCoin

Activity: 50

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 07:29:21 PM

Well said, if chinese would ban ICO, it would just literally mean that cryptocurrency will be illegal in their country. But, it's quite impossible for government to regulate cryptocurrency since it's decentralized. Maybe what they did will just be temporary. It would be such a waste because a big number of big investors are from China.

Great thoughts here and I agree that China is trying to control crypto because they fear losing control of the people. But it's too late! Crypto is freeing the world from government regulation of money. I'm glad there is government backed fiat, but I'm also glad that now there is a choice.
Legendari

Activity: 266

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 07:31:35 PM

I agree with you. Do not forget that China is still set to the totalitarian political regime and the cryptocurrency they are scared. They are afraid of losing control of the capital.

❤   humancoin   ❤   Join our whitelist!      ❤   humancoin   ❤
███████                  A new era of charity                    ███████
▄ ▄ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  Telegram | Reddit | Medium | Twitter | ANN Thread | Facebook   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄
Dlores

Activity: 126
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 07:37:18 PM

ICO is banned but crowd-sale not:)
JanpriX

Activity: 1708
Merit: 606

Buy The F*cking Dip

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 07:43:19 PM

They are just testing the waters to check what would happen to cryptocurrencies in their country when they implemented the ICO ban. I'm positive that they will lift the ban and will place a set of guidelines and rules to regulate any ICO within their land. Maybe (just maybe), they also want to just get cheaper coins because of the panic that they just created. End goal is just obvious: the government just want more money from cryptocurrency. Grin
dead_m92

Activity: 650
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 07:58:05 PM

Yes but that is so obviously, you dont even need to explain it.
Every governemnt is afraid of bitcoin, and i would be too if i was a president/organization/bank.
This is the same that happened with books a few years ago, they were one of the best sources of selling, right now, everybody buys e-books. So the physical books were replaced by electronic books.
And now that is happening with money, but the fact is that the world power owns it, so it would be difficult to be replaced, that is why everybody is making fud about bitcoin-icos-whatever it is.

███
             █████████
          ███████████████
        ███████████████████
       █████████████████████
       █████████████████████
       █████████████████████
       █████████▀▀▀▀▀██████
    █████████▀        █████████
 ███████████▌  ▄████▄▄████████████
████████████▌  ████████████████████
█████████████   ▀▀▀▀  █████████████
██████████████▄▄     ▄█████████████
███████████████████████████████████
 █████████████████████████████████
    █████████         █████████
       ███               ███

WhitePaper
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

tam31

Activity: 143
Merit: 107

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 09:10:39 PM

The government of china is afraid and wants extra money. China will eventually unban ICO with pressure from outside, and ICO can continue.
thangoffshore

Activity: 252

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 01:35:01 AM

The government of china is afraid and wants extra money. China will eventually unban ICO with pressure from outside, and ICO can continue.

Pressure from outside? Who can force China to do something?

Guys, you are talking about a giant country that has biggest hash power in mining, big exchanges, and many other things. You know Jihan? He's kind of a government representative. If you think Chinese government does not understand crypto world, then afraid of it, you couldn't be more wrong.

aioc

Activity: 2940
Merit: 567

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 02:01:23 AM

You seem to have an inside news about Chinese government ban of icos, hopefully you are right that big companies in the chinese region will compel the government to lift the ban which I'm sure they will because they have a say now in their economy and they also invest in crypto currency

VeteranCoin

Activity: 50

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 02:06:15 AM

Pressure from outside? Who can force China to do something?

Guys, you are talking about a giant country that has biggest hash power in mining, big exchanges, and many other things. You know Jihan? He's kind of a government representative. If you think Chinese government does not understand crypto world, then afraid of it, you couldn't be more wrong.

China has banned lots of crypto activity in the past and yet the Chinese people continue to be major consumers of the blockchain. Can't stop progress!

Anyone remember in 2013 when they banned banks from dealing in crypto?

http://money.cnn.com/2013/12/05/investing/china-bitcoin/index.html
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: