Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 08:03:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What questions should I ask myself before investing in a cryptocurrency?  (Read 672 times)
Vervesh (OP)

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 07:49:04 PM

How can you tell that you are ready to become an investor in general and a cryptocurrency investor in particular?
Would be great to hear the opinion of experienced investors.
artem6662

Activity: 448
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 08:50:31 PM

You do not have to invest more than you can lose. Also you should analyze the project in which you want to invest - team, problems that the project solves, project competitors and more

mangodream

Activity: 672
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 08:59:23 PM

Ask yourself if you really what blockchain is and how it is useful for people, economy and so on.
Be sure to know why blockchain is a revolutionary innovation.
Then, to invest in cryptocurrencies, you have to know how they work... Before investing, have a look to the blockchain project they are creating for. (Team, code, realistic vision, development...). Every project made by a startup (new blockchain or project on existing project) should be based on a "white paper" which describes everything about the project itself. You must know what it really is and feel if it will be a success in the future. If you believe in a project than you can invest on its token.
Vervesh (OP)

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 09:12:56 PM

You do not have to invest more than you can lose. Also you should analyze the project in which you want to invest - team, problems that the project solves, project competitors and more
Is there any plan you use to analyse the project?
VackFromOhm

Activity: 234
Merit: 100

It's turtles all the way down!

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 06:32:24 AM

This is a really good point of advice. I personally look at the team, how much work they've put in so far, what their roadmap looks like, how the community feels about them, and their trading volume. Some of these are more important than the others (I'd say that I definitely weigh a lot how much the community sees them, given that this is a huge world where reputation is important. If a dev team is willing to work to make sure that they are doing what's best for the community then they should have a positive view by the community. Of course, if it's random hate that I can't see where it's coming from or unverified claims, then this means less).

Honestly, it's up to you what you think is more important. For example, do you think that you need to fully be behind what the dev team has in mind for what the coin brings to the table? Do you need a comprehensive roadmap that's rigorous and will push the bounds of the coin? Do you want a reliable volume for the coin to be riding on? These are some of the questions I would ask myself.
RoommateAgreement

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

Bazinga!

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 06:39:11 AM

ask yourself what you really want to do.
you need to accept these things:
- trading altcoins is very risky
- altcoin market is very manipulated
- you can lose a lot of money but you can also earn a lot too.
- it will require a lot of time to learn and a lot of time to study and trade.

if you are ready to do all this and accept the risks that comes with them then you are ready to become a trader.
i say "trader" instead of "investor" that you used because i believe investment in altcoins is not really a good choice but rather trading them is the better choice that you can be more successful in.

Buying the dip...
Vervesh (OP)

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 08:49:36 AM

ask yourself what you really want to do.
you need to accept these things:
- trading altcoins is very risky
- altcoin market is very manipulated
- you can lose a lot of money but you can also earn a lot too.
- it will require a lot of time to learn and a lot of time to study and trade.

if you are ready to do all this and accept the risks that comes with them then you are ready to become a trader.
i say "trader" instead of "investor" that you used because i believe investment in altcoins is not really a good choice but rather trading them is the better choice that you can be more successful in.
Doesn't trading require special skills before you start? I've seen lots of my friends loose bunch of money in the market while the others eventually earned on investment.
chilly9876

Activity: 246

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2017, 08:56:41 AM

Questions are:

Can I afford to lose this money?
Do I understand marketcaps?
Am I investing because I can see how valuable this idea can become or because people are saying it's great?

Jincor
Genuinely simple smart contracts and cryptocurrency transactions for any business
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Whitepaper FacebookTwitterTelegramLinkedin
Jincor ICO 15th of November, 2017[/center
Mysterious01

Activity: 266

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 09:14:27 AM

How can you tell that you are ready to become an investor in general and a cryptocurrency investor in particular?

You can tell that you are ready to become an investor in general if you already master the basics on how it work so you can gain profit, it applies also the the cryptocurrency. You need to be aware also to the risk.
I am not an experienced investor but I have few investment that I put on cryptocurrency and as of now I am earning a little percentage to what I have invested.
Goodluck and may you become a successful investor someday.
chesegrinder

Activity: 182

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 09:26:14 AM

If you are goin to be an investor you should keep in my that you should invest only what you can live. If you invest all your money you will lose you living. In crypto you should also considered the project, what does the project wants to resolve is the dev team are trust worthy check their background.. How many coins will they release and what will happen to the coins that did not sell. Check also thier road mad...

Usuadog

Activity: 99
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 09:32:42 AM

Is there any plan you use to analyse the project?

That's a good one, thanks.

Also, are you ready to make a lot of money from your small investment? Are you ready to store your coins for a while?

Delicat

Activity: 140

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 10:32:23 AM

can you afford to lose it all, the first and most important question. Tongue
kolap

Activity: 301
Merit: 250

In Crypto We Trust

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 10:36:32 AM

When it come to a successful crypto it is all about the coder(s) and able team. The hype, the scam and the spam not going to stay for long to sustain if the team can't proved anything.

coynedterm

Activity: 882
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 07:59:55 PM

The best thing to start trading is when you are sure that you are going to make money with high risk investment .
Here when i was newbie in the trading then i was scared that whether it is profitable or not and how much time it will take.
And the results is here what i can tell you .
My main question of risk in trading is the truth , if you invested in a coin then you should make yourself sure that chances of getting profit and loss are same because Any coin can be go to down fully and also can get up easily .
And Second thing that was totally doubtful for me was the time that will take for the for the trading is not sure but it is the truth that a single coin will fluctuate to high once in the 3-4 months , so if you invested in coin then you should wait until 5-6 months atleast to get profit and don't get fear tgat you lost your money , don't sell your coin until you made profit Cool .
Hope these experience of my life in this field work for you to get success in bitcoin field .

▄▄█████▄▄
         ▄▄███████████▄▄
      ▄▄█████████████████▄▄
   ▄▄███████████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▀██▀       ▀▀████████
███████  ▄████  ███████▄  ███████
███████ █████  ██████████ ███████
███████ ██████████  █████ ███████
███████  ▀███████  ███▀   ███████
████████▄▄        ██   ▄▄████████
 ▀█████████████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████████████▀▀
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
         ▀▀███████████▀▀
            ▀▀█████▀▀

.THRIVING CRYPTOCURRENCY..
.MARKET WITH CRYPTOBONDS..

▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

INITIAL COIN OFFERING
SEPTEMBER 30

██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
██████
         ▄▄████████▄▄
     ▄████████████████▄
   ▄███▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀███████▄
  █████ ███████ █▄▀███████
 ██████ ███████ ███▄▀██████
▐██████ ███████▄▄▄▄▄▄ █████▌
▐██████ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█ █████▌
▐██████ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█ █████▌
 ██████ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█ █████
  █████ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█ ████
   ▀███▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄██▀
     ▀████████████████▀
        ▀▀████████▀▀

...READ THE....
.WHITEPAPER.

▄▄████████▄▄
     ▄████████████████▄
   ▄████████████████████▄
  ███████████████▀▀  █████
 ████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
 ████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
  ████████████████▄▄██████
   ▀████████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀
        ▀▀████████▀▀
TWITTER
FACEBOOK
MEDIUM
REDDIT
GITHUB
SLACK
coingrow

Activity: 364
Merit: 102

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 08:17:38 PM

Here is what I look at before putting money into a coin. Check the team, see if they are legit and working full time or not. Secondly, I look at the whitepaper. A lot about the project can be made out from the whitepaper. Lastly, the community should be closely knit.

lentzaj

Activity: 474
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 08:35:12 PM

Actually many things :

• Am I sure to really understand what crypto money is?
  • what are the risks of crypto-investment ?
  • How much FIAT money can I afford to invest on a monthly basis ?
  • What could be the possible outcomes of a state regulation of the crypto world
  • Why do I want to get involved in crypto world ?

▄▄███▀ ▀█▄▄▄
       ▄▄▀▀████ ███▄▄▀▀█▀▄
     ▄▀▄███▄▄▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▄█▄
   ▄█▀▄███▀▀▄█ ▀███████▀▄▀▄▀▀▄
  ▀█▀▄▀▀▄▄███ ██▄▀████▀▄██ ██▄▀▄
 ██▄▀█████ ████▄▀██▀▄████ ██▀▄
 █▀▄ ██▄▀██ ███████▄▀▄▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▄█
▄▀▄█ ████▄ ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀█████▀▄▀█▄
▀▄██ ███▀▄█▄▀█████▀▄██▄▀███▀▄█▄▀█
█▄▀██ █▀▄███▄▀███▀▄████▄▀█▀▄███▄▀
 ██▄ ▄██████▄▀█▀▄██████▄▀▄█▀▀▄▄▄
  ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▀▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▄█████
  ▀ ███ ██████▀▄▀███████▀▄▀████▀
   ▀████ ███▀▄███ ████▀▄██ ██▀
     ▀███ █▀▄█████▄▀▀▄█████
       ▀█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄

▀▀ ▀███▀▀▀
SPHERIS█████
▄▄▄▄▄
█████
█████
▀▀▀▀▀
█████
█████
█████
▀▀▀▀▀
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
▄▄▄▄▄
█████
█████
▀▀▀▀▀
█████
█████
█████
▀▀▀▀▀
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
▄▄▄▄▄
█████
█████
▀▀▀▀▀
█████
█████
█████
▀▀▀▀▀
█████
█████
█████
█████
Vervesh (OP)

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 06:11:59 AM

Questions are:

Can I afford to lose this money?
Do I understand marketcaps?
Am I investing because I can see how valuable this idea can become or because people are saying it's great?
Don't you think that other people's opinion might be more valuable at the beginning? They might have more experience and understand much better than I do. Isn't it right?
Vervesh (OP)

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 06:36:26 AM

Actually many things :

• Am I sure to really understand what crypto money is?
  • what are the risks of crypto-investment ?
  • How much FIAT money can I afford to invest on a monthly basis ?
  • What could be the possible outcomes of a state regulation of the crypto world
  • Why do I want to get involved in crypto world ?
So you really have to invest fiat money every month? No chance to earn something and then continue with the profit you've made, instead of investing more cash?
Jdope

Activity: 747
Merit: 502

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 07:04:47 AM

Ask yourself this, Are you in it for a quick gain? if you think its a get rich quick kind of thing don't invest.

Am i ready to risk? If you are then trading is the way to go, its high risk high reward.

Am i willing to work a little? If you are you can look into buying a mining rig, its a stable (relatively) investment in crypto but requires a bit of work.
patap0n

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 07:24:40 AM

When it come to a successful crypto it is all about the coder(s) and able team. The hype, the scam and the spam not going to stay for long to sustain if the team can't proved anything.

Besides your financial context (should I invest in this ? can I afford to ? how much can I afford to lose ?), just THIS.
The team is, imo, one of the biggest variable of a successful cryptocurrency.

Take a half hour, and go through the LinkedIn profiles of every member of the team. Do they have the experience for that stuff ? Do they know each other ? Who have they worked for in the past ?

It's boring, but it speaks volume about how serious the project is, usually.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: