Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 12:05:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [WTS] Alcheminer Scrypt 205 MH/s, loud and angry, free US shipping, only 12 LTC  (Read 1162 times)
GSpgh (OP)

Activity: 532
Merit: 302

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 08:07:07 PM
Last edit: September 28, 2017, 11:37:25 PM by GSpgh

As the title says I'm selling Alcheminer 205 MH/s Scrypt miner.

Let me just say right away that this isn't a user-friendly home miner - it's loud, hot, power-hungry, doesn't have a GUI, and has some other issues. See the details below if you're still interested.

The bad:

• 2400W at the wall. That's right, 2.4 kilowatts, so you can't run this on a regular 120V circuit. Idle (so basically fans alone) consumes 400W.
  • Those 400W fans sound like jet engines. Not for a bedroom or even a basement.
  • Consequently you'll need a beefy power supply, such as IBM 2880W, and a 240V circuit. 8 PCI-E cables are needed - good quality ones since it draws ~300W per cable.
  • The miner has 8 boards and is rated for 256 MH/s. However one of the boards is defective and the miner has been downclocked for stability, so it's operating at ~205 MH/s.
  • Doesn't have a user-friendly web GUI. The stock software was buggy as hell so it has been replaced with bfgminer. You must be comfortable with Linux command line (via SSH) to use it.
  • Even with the remaining 7 "good" boards bfgminer sometimes hangs on startup. An extra reboot or two may be needed to get it to work e.g. after a power outage or internet connectivity loss.

The not so bad:

• With LTC rising it can still be profitable (depending on your electric costs of course).
  • Despite the startup issues, bfgminer generally works ok if the internet connection and the pools are stable.
  • I have already worked out most of the issues. Stock version was way worse, if you can believe that. Even the startup issues can be worked around with some scripting, I just never got around to doing that.
  • Price is right and it can be shipped the next day after you pay, compared to the 2+ months you'd wait for an Antminer.

This sale includes ONLY the miner itself with its built-in controller, and does NOT include a power supply, or any cables or other accessories.

PRICE 12 LTC

You're welcome to suggest a reputable mutually acceptable escrow but you pay the fees.

Free shipping via FedEx Ground/Home or UPS Ground (my choice) with adult signature to any street address in the US mainland, aka 48 states. No PO Boxes. Freight forwarders - at your own risk, I'm only responsible for the delivery to the forwarder. No local pickup.

Some configuration details to give you an idea of how it works:

• The miner will come set up to use DHCP, as most miners do. Once you turn it on and give it a few minutes to boot you'll need to find its IP address, e.g. from your router.
  • Use an SSH client (e.g. putty on Windows) to connect. Username/password is admin/admin.
  • Use screen to connect to the running instance of bfgminer:
Code:
sudo screen -x
  • /etc/rc.local is used to start the mining software:
Code:
sudo /usr/bin/screen -d -m -S bfg /home/admin/startbfg.sh
  • Which in turn calls /home/admin/startbfg.sh - edit this file to set your own pools:
Code:
#! /bin/sh
cd /home/admin/bfgminer541
sleep 5
/home/admin/stop.sh
sleep 5
/home/admin/stop.sh
sleep 5
./bfgminer --scrypt --no-gbt --no-getwork \
        -o stratum+tcp://main.pool.tld:3333 -u username1 -p x \
        -o stratum+tcp://backup.pool.tld:3333 -u username2 -p x \
        -S ALC:/dev/ttyUSB3 -S ALC:/dev/ttyUSB2 -S ALC:/dev/ttyUSB1 \
        -S ALC:/dev/ttyO1 -S ALC:/dev/ttyO2 -S ALC:/dev/ttyO3 -S ALC:/dev/ttyO4 \
        --set ALC@/dev/ttyUSB3:clock=336 --set ALC@/dev/ttyUSB2:clock=336 --set ALC@/dev/ttyUSB1:clock=336 \
        --set ALC@/dev/ttyO1:clock=336 --set ALC@/dev/ttyO2:clock=336 \
        --set ALC@/dev/ttyO3:clock=336 --set ALC@/dev/ttyO4:clock=336

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
    Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
    Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
    Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
    The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
    Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
    Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
    tw0rak

Activity: 600
    Merit: 501

View Profile
    September 06, 2017, 09:55:30 PM

As the title says I'm selling Alcheminer 205 MH/s Scrypt miner.

Let me just say right away that this isn't a user-friendly home miner - it's loud, hot, power-hungry, doesn't have a GUI, and has some other issues. See the details below if you're still interested.

The bad:

• 2400W at the wall. That's right, 2.4 kilowatts, so you can't run this on a regular 120V circuit. Idle (so basically fans alone) consumes 400W.
    • Those 400W fans sound like jet engines. Not for a bedroom or even a basement.
    • Consequently you'll need a beefy power supply, such as IBM 2880W, and a 240V circuit. 8 PCI-E cables are needed - good quality ones since it draws ~300W per cable.
    • The miner has 8 boards and is rated for 256 MH/s. However one of the boards is defective and the miner has been downclocked for stability, so it's operating at ~205 MH/s.
    • Doesn't have a user-friendly web GUI. The stock software was buggy as hell so it has been replaced with bfgminer. You must be comfortable with Linux command line (via SSH) to use it.
    • Even with the remaining 7 "good" boards bfgminer sometimes hangs on startup. An extra reboot or two may be needed to get it to work e.g. after a power outage or internet connectivity loss.

The not so bad:

• With LTC rising it can still be profitable (depending on your electric costs of course).
    • Despite the startup issues, bfgminer generally works ok if the internet connection and the pools are stable.
    • I have already worked out most of the issues. Stock version was way worse, if you can believe that. Even the startup issues can be worked around with some scripting, I just never got around to doing that.
    • Price is right and it can be shipped the next day after you pay, compared to the 2+ months you'd wait for an Antminer.

This sale includes ONLY the miner itself with its built-in controller, and does NOT include a power supply, or any cables or other accessories.

PRICE 15 LTC

You're welcome to suggest a reputable mutually acceptable escrow but you pay the fees.

Free shipping via FedEx Ground/Home or UPS Ground (my choice) with adult signature to any street address in the US mainland, aka 48 states. No PO Boxes. Freight forwarders - at your own risk, I'm only responsible for the delivery to the forwarder. No local pickup.

Some configuration details to give you an idea of how it works:

• The miner will come set up to use DHCP, as most miners do. Once you turn it on and give it a few minutes to boot you'll need to find its IP address, e.g. from your router.
    • Use an SSH client (e.g. putty on Windows) to connect. Username/password is admin/admin.
    • Use screen to connect to the running instance of bfgminer:
    Code:
    sudo screen -x
    • /etc/rc.local is used to start the mining software:
    Code:
    sudo /usr/bin/screen -d -m -S bfg /home/admin/startbfg.sh
    • Which in turn calls /home/admin/startbfg.sh - edit this file to set your own pools:
    Code:
    #! /bin/sh
    cd /home/admin/bfgminer541
    sleep 5
    /home/admin/stop.sh
    sleep 5
    /home/admin/stop.sh
    sleep 5
    ./bfgminer --scrypt --no-gbt --no-getwork \
            -o stratum+tcp://main.pool.tld:3333 -u username1 -p x \
            -o stratum+tcp://backup.pool.tld:3333 -u username2 -p x \
            -S ALC:/dev/ttyUSB3 -S ALC:/dev/ttyUSB2 -S ALC:/dev/ttyUSB1 \
            -S ALC:/dev/ttyO1 -S ALC:/dev/ttyO2 -S ALC:/dev/ttyO3 -S ALC:/dev/ttyO4 \
            --set ALC@/dev/ttyUSB3:clock=336 --set ALC@/dev/ttyUSB2:clock=336 --set ALC@/dev/ttyUSB1:clock=336 \
            --set ALC@/dev/ttyO1:clock=336 --set ALC@/dev/ttyO2:clock=336 \
            --set ALC@/dev/ttyO3:clock=336 --set ALC@/dev/ttyO4:clock=336

Awsome!  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
      Quoting to remember.
      GSpgh (OP)

View Profile
      September 07, 2017, 08:39:29 PM

I'm SHOCKED that no one wants this brilliant piece of hardware. Just think of the innovative uses for it:

• Run it in your basement as a sonic pest repellent.
      • Run it in your backyard shed to annoy the neighbors you hate.
      • Run it in your mother-in-law's house <-- probably the best option.
      Wusolini
      Legendary

Activity: 1190
      Merit: 1000

no need to carry heavy money bags anymore

View Profile
      September 07, 2017, 11:23:40 PM

I'm SHOCKED that no one wants this brilliant piece of hardware. Just think of the innovative uses for it:

This made me sincerely LOL. You must be a great seller IRL (if not you should become one).
      I will add the miner could work as mole repellent when placed in backyard (and if located correctly you can repel them towards the neighbor you hate).

Thing is the efficiency ( 250MH at 2.4 kW ) is pretty bad when compared to vast amount of L3+ being constantly released and incoming innos. A4+ which makes further profitability disputable).
      Hope you'll find person who hates his neighbours so much to worth buying it.

Sorry for invading your topic... at least you have free bump from my side.

GSpgh (OP)

View Profile
      September 07, 2017, 11:54:08 PM

This made me sincerely LOL. You must be a great seller IRL (if not you should become one).
      I will add the miner could work as mole repellent when placed in backyard (and if located correctly you can repel them towards the neighbor you hate).

Thing is the efficiency ( 250MH at 2.4 kW ) is pretty bad when compared to vast amount of L3+ being constantly released and incoming innos. A4+ which makes further profitability disputable).
      Hope you'll find person who hates his neighbours so much to worth buying it.

Sorry for invading your topic... at least you have free bump from my side.

Thanks, I do have to note though that even with this atrocious efficiency it's still quite profitable (at $0.10 per kWh the cost of electricity is about 40% of revenue, similar to S7 I think) so I'm happily mining with it but would like to make space for D3s arriving sometime next month. I know there are places where people pay even less for kWh so they can run it far longer than I would.

Based on how much I mine with it I'll keep dropping the price about a coin per week until I eventually give it away for free Wink
      GSpgh (OP)

View Profile
      September 12, 2017, 11:57:22 AM
      Last edit: September 13, 2017, 12:48:42 PM by GSpgh

Price reduced to 14 LTC.
      jenia1

Activity: 504
      Merit: 267

HashWare - Mining solutions for everyone!

View Profile
      September 13, 2017, 12:24:09 AM

Bump.

just an honest question. isnt bumps forbidden here?
      i just got all my bumps deleted by a mod from all across my topics. so i am honestly asking. is this the 1st forum on this planet where bump is not allwoed?
      and enjoy the free bump :Cheesy

Making mining profitable
      ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ANN  Website  Facebook
                                         █████████
                                   ███      ████████   █████
                     ▄█████████▄   █          ██████   █████  ████  ████  ████   ▄██████▄    ▄██████▄    ████████
             █████  █████  ██████      ███     █████   █████  ████  ████  ████  ████ █████  ████  ████  █████████
      █████  █████  █████   █████      ███     █████   █████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████
      █████  █████  █████   █████  █    ██     █████   █████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████
      ████████████  █████   █████  ██    ███████████████████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████████
      █████  █████  █████████████  ████    █████████████████  ████  ████  ████  ██████████  █████████▀  ████
      █████  █████  █████████████  ██████    ███████   █████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████████    ████
      █████  █████  █████   █████       ███   ██████   █████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████ ▀███▄  ████
             █████  █████   █████       ███    █████   █████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████
                    █████   █████       ███    █████   █████  ████████████████  ████  ████  ████  ████  █████████
                            █████  █          ██████   █████   ▀█████  █████▀   ████  ████  ████  ████   ████████
                                   ███       ███████   █████
                                    ▀▀███   ████▀▀▀
      ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  PM
      Contact Us

Mining Farm planning & advising
      Equipment supply & transportation
      Linking investors & ideas

GSpgh (OP)

View Profile
      September 13, 2017, 12:49:13 PM

Bump.

just an honest question. isnt bumps forbidden here?
      i just got all my bumps deleted by a mod from all across my topics. so i am honestly asking. is this the 1st forum on this planet where bump is not allwoed?
      and enjoy the free bump :Cheesy

See rule #4 here:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3629.0
      GSpgh (OP)

View Profile
      September 26, 2017, 07:24:13 PM

Price reduced to 12 LTC.
      GSpgh (OP)