Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 07:15:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: KickICO - Scam (Old Worthless Tokens)  (Read 1115 times)
Johnnywelsh (OP)

Activity: 378
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 08:22:41 PM
Last edit: September 05, 2017, 08:48:54 PM by Johnnywelsh

What happened::
So for anyone that doesn't know KickICO had major problems with their smart contract during the ICO and had to switch to a new crowdsale address after 600 million coins were deposited to an unknown address. As a result anyone left with tokens from KickICO_Old is left with tokens worth 0. The news article said they'd transfer new tokens to those affected within a week.

I invested 0.4 Eth in the ICO and am now left with the old style tokens despite trying to get a resolution for having the new smart contract tokens issued.

Source: https://medium.com/@kickico/how-they-tried-to-hack-our-ico-d348659dc4

Tried to get an answer from two of their support staff, one told me to add the new token address and they'd magically refresh within 24 hours, even though no tokens had been transferred. Copy of chat discussion below, either I got something seriously misunderstood or it's just a blatant scam.

Is anyone else in the same boat of having only tokens from KickICO_Old?

Scammers Profile Link:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=1048997

Reference Link:
https://www.kickico.com/campaigns/999/ico

Amount Scammed:
0.4 Eth

Payment Method:
ICO Contribution

Proof of Payment:
https://etherscan.io/tx/0x40df529dc02d969c2fe10e8e262477f6d15e0e8f5411cdeb0aa1fffb877a8a00

PM/Chat Logs:
https://ibb.co/jKbt1v

Additional Notes:
Recommend to avoid, but posted for people to make up their own minds.

The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
giveen

Activity: 826
Merit: 1004

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 08:01:18 AM

Can't you wait did they mention anywhere that people who deposited to the previous address will never get paid or any such claim.
It's obviously a no then why can't you wait for a week ico is not as easy as it looks to give you the tokens it can even take more than a week meaning of scam means you invested and they never gave you your tokens without an valid explaination.
TheRealCypher22

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 08:04:56 AM

What i'm very interesting in knowing is...

When will these old_tokens MOOOOOOONNNNNN

TheRealCypher22

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 02:10:50 PM

I came across this thread because I was googling KICKICO (in the UK) and this thread is the second Google search result.  Given how high Google rank this scam report, I would say KICKICO is definitely a scam.

Think I'll stay away and put my money in Bitdice instead.
Johnnywelsh (OP)

Activity: 378
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 04:03:13 PM

Can't you wait did they mention anywhere that people who deposited to the previous address will never get paid or any such claim.
It's obviously a no then why can't you wait for a week ico is not as easy as it looks to give you the tokens it can even take more than a week meaning of scam means you invested and they never gave you your tokens without an valid explaination.

Can't tell if this post is supposed to just be trolling or not?

did they mention anywhere that people who deposited to the previous address will never get paid or any such claim

Obviously this is the #1 thing that all scammers do, they post that no one is going to get their coin. Lol are you for real?

It's obviously a no then why can't you wait for a week ico
What are you on about wait for a week for the ICO, do you mean to end? Can you show me any comms or announcements from the team referencing what you just mentioned?

a week ico is not as easy as it looks to give you the tokens it can even take more than a week meaning of scam means you invested and they never gave you your tokens without an valid explaination.
I'd fully expect any decent company or at least a decent scam to try to explain what happened and what measures would be taken to address the issue. Not a blog post saying "Our smart contract got hacked, we'll refund within a week". After a week, no ones had tokens from the new smart contract, they're not replying to twitter or facebook messages, their support people keep changing the story and both telegram groups have disappeared.

If people choose to ignore all the above including yourself, that's fine. It's their loss at the end of the day. I'm just trying to contribute back to the community so others don't end up in position I'm in.

giveen

Activity: 826
Merit: 1004

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 03:28:39 AM

Can't tell if this post is supposed to just be trolling or not?

did they mention anywhere that people who deposited to the previous address will never get paid or any such claim

Obviously this is the #1 thing that all scammers do, they post that no one is going to get their coin. Lol are you for real?

It's obviously a no then why can't you wait for a week ico
What are you on about wait for a week for the ICO, do you mean to end? Can you show me any comms or announcements from the team referencing what you just mentioned?

a week ico is not as easy as it looks to give you the tokens it can even take more than a week meaning of scam means you invested and they never gave you your tokens without an valid explaination.
I'd fully expect any decent company or at least a decent scam to try to explain what happened and what measures would be taken to address the issue. Not a blog post saying "Our smart contract got hacked, we'll refund within a week". After a week, no ones had tokens from the new smart contract, they're not replying to twitter or facebook messages, their support people keep changing the story and both telegram groups have disappeared.

If people choose to ignore all the above including yourself, that's fine. It's their loss at the end of the day. I'm just trying to contribute back to the community so others don't end up in position I'm in.

No i wasn't trolling and ya the ico doesn't seem like a scam people are still investing in their ico if you check their contract address it currently has $9 million so it's obvious they have raised more.
Speaking of your tokens if you didn't know tokens are free to issue and i don't see any reason for them to not send you your tokens.
Btw just check their telegram they posted this on Sept
" If you bought previous version of KickCoin, you'll get new automatically within a week, or sooner. BTC payments will be processed manually after ICO ends. "
Just have some patience man it will only be a scam if you still didn't get even when it got listed on a exchange anyways it has no value for now so how will it even help you if it's in your wallet.
TheRealCypher22

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 07:44:38 AM

I think you are missing his point.  He is saying that KICKICO's contract got hacked so they were issuing coins from a new contract.  They told him he would have his tokens from the new contract within a week but he hasn't had them.  When he contacts their support they don't give him a straight answer about why he still hasn't received them.

I think he is just trying to warn other potential investors that this may be a scam and they should be very careful about investing in the ICO as they might not get their tokens like him.

Based on the information he has provided and the lack of any helpful communications coming from the team, I am fairly sure this is a scam so would also advise other potential investors to be very careful.
nathank

Activity: 1

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 12:00:25 PM

Yes I have the exact same problem.  Chatting with them makes me feel even more like I am being scammed.  Here's the Chat, which is only one of many along the same vein:

nathan
Hi - My KC token address has still not updated to the new address as said it would.  The token contract is still    0xefbdd2ca166b193075efe8530a612c5daa10012a.

This is from 9 days ago, and I was assured that KC tokens from the new (post-hack) address would be added

https://etherscan.io/token/.............................
Alex Stone joined the chat
Alex Stone
Hi
Have you added them with a new address?
nathan
yes.
Alex Stone
So, please. Wait. They will refresh
nathan
could you send the new address again?  Anyway, they dont show up on etherscan
i did it over a week ago
Alex Stone
To add KC tokens after sending to your wallet enter your Ethereum wallet
(usually https://www.myetherwallet.com/#view-wallet-info)
and select «Add custom token».

You will see three fields: token name, address and decimals.

Token name - KC
Address - 0xc0e4f45b828aa4aa628e897e5da38d9dc72c2257
Decimals – 8

After that, click «Save» and you will see your KickCoin balance.
nathan
I'm starting to get concerned, as it has been over 1 week since i tried to add them.  Still nothing
Alex Stone
You can see them it your wallet. You have nothing to worry about. They will refresh
nathan
I can't see them in my wallet.  How long to refresh
9 days now
Alex Stone
I can't say you for sure. It's not depend's on me.
nathan
yes that is the old address.
Hence, the KC_old
I want the new tokens.  Over 9 days waiting
Alex Stone
Yes. If you changed on a new that I gave you, it will change soon
nathan
It didn't change.  I tried to use that new address 9 days ago
9 days is not soon
Alex Stone
They in your wallet. Wait till they refresh
nathan
can you please ask someone who knows when the refresh will happen?
seems like you don't know what i am asking
Alex Stone
Seems you don't readt what I write to you.
Can be at the end of ICO
nathan
Is it something that Kick has to do on their end?  Are you guys are going to do that at the end of the ICO,?
Alex Stone
It's smart contract does. Not we, it's not manual procedure
nathan
yes I know....that is why i'm concerned as it's over 9 days.  These usually take minutes
Alex Stone
First, he will be give new tokens to new people and their addresses, after that he will refresh the old one
nathan
So it has to be manually added?
Alex Stone
Yes
With new address
nathan
OK.  You just said it's not a manual procedure, then immediately say it is.
Anyway, thanks for helping
Alex Stone
I said you have to add them by yourself with an adress I gave, that smart contract could find it
As I was saying to you at the beginning of our conversation
After that it will be automatic
nathan
I did that 9 days ago.  and again today
Alex Stone
So now you have nothing to do. Just wait
nathan
ok
Alex Stone
You are welcome
Have a nice day
nathan
you too
Alex Stone
Thank you

I've chatted many times with them, with the same result of "wait".  This, at the VERY best, is horrible customer service.  But at this point I've pretty much written those ETH as lost.
Kickico Bounty Hunter

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

KICK ECOSYSTEM - complete fundraising and exchange

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2017, 01:27:03 PM
Last edit: September 19, 2017, 02:13:43 PM by Kickico Bounty Hunter

Hello!
Please I would like to assure you that all tokens will be distributed in 2-3 days after the ICO is over.

As we declared the ICO end date to 16th of September - the distribution will be made around 20th of September.

You are always welcome to get fast support in our official telegram channel https://t.me/kickico

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: