Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 06:05:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Abort Cryptsy  (Read 14446 times)
barwizi (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 08:30:18 PM

I have watched the progress of this new "exchange", in short, alt coin miners are getting duped and they are falling for it. Have you looked at the standing buy orders for every new coin? they are all the same price asking for similar amounts. That site is rigged to make sure alt coins fail by devaluing them. We are the suppliers, ergo we have a say in the price, i motion we drop that site off the forum completely and ignore them until they get serious, my word, in 3 days they killed 6 alt coins that actually were gaining a following.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MaGNeT
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1002

Waves | 3PHMaGNeTJfqFfD4xuctgKdoxLX188QM8na

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2013, 08:33:47 PM

No altcoin was killed, only value dropped.
zacho56

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 08:34:01 PM

I have watched the progress of this new "exchange", in short, alt coin miners are getting duped and they are falling for it. Have you looked at the standing buy orders for every new coin? they are all the same price asking for similar amounts. That site is rigged to make sure alt coins fail by devaluing them. We are the suppliers, ergo we have a say in the price, i motion we drop that site off the forum completely and ignore them until they get serious, my word, in 3 days they killed 6 alt coins that actually were gaining a following.

I did find it quite odd that the exchange is moving at such a small rate. Meh, ill stick to mcxnow anyways    Undecided

"I have a dream" - Martin Luther King JR
YaCoinYeah

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 08:34:40 PM

ABORT CRYPTSY! No buy volume = panic selling to the bottom for miners and holders thinking no one wants to buy.
MaGNeT
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1002

Waves | 3PHMaGNeTJfqFfD4xuctgKdoxLX188QM8na

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2013, 08:35:47 PM

The problem is:

MARKETS / LAST TRADE
BQC/BTC
BTB/BTC
CNC/BTC
DGC/BTC
ELC/BTC
FTC/BTC
GLD/BTC
JKC/BTC
LTC/BTC
MNC/BTC
NMC/BTC
NVC/BTC
PHX/BTC
PPC/BTC
PWC/BTC
RYC/BTC
TRC/BTC
WDC/BTC
YAC/BTC

Too many coins... Can spend my BTC only once...
YaCoinYeah

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 08:37:13 PM

The exchange is trash. Saturated with alts trying to dump.
relm9

Activity: 840

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 08:38:18 PM

No altcoin was killed, only value dropped.

This. The only thing about Cryptsy  is it's been adding new alts faster than other exchanges, so these new coins have even less time to build up interest before they get pumped and dumped on an exchange. Thus, the downward spiral just starts up quicker. That's not a fault of the site though. It's a free market - if these coins can't withstand that then too bad.

Long-term, if the coin has actual merit, it will survive.
diegodos

Activity: 448
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 08:40:09 PM

The exchange is trash. Saturated with alts trying to dump.

i said ...

Doest have volume there
limbaugh
Legendary

Activity: 1311

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 08:41:28 PM

I'm calling BS on this. Big Vern is probably one of the largest supporters of ALT coins with a large number of pools and an exchange. There are too many coins for this community to support them all. It's not Cryptsy's fault and is actually a nice exchange.
sal002

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2013, 08:45:28 PM

Many currencies have an issue, but some still find a degree of stability even after listed on Cryptsy.com (like Digitalcoin).  Really what we have is a hyper exposure to the new currencies that don't really have a good foundation to begin with and therefore they die off - in this day of at least three new alt currencies per day, maybe the "invisible hand" isn't such a bad thing.
barwizi (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 08:45:57 PM

I've never seen such a blind gang, have you noticed that most of the anti-alt coin rhetoric has disappeared? And then somehow, a record breaking alt-killer adds coins on a daily basis? real sites wait and watch to see a coins future, eg btc-e and gox, even bter is more cautious after the cnc fiasco. You guys maybe mine a coin worth something today, then tumar you guys are trading at an average of 30 ltc per 1k, then jus because the "official " site says 1 ltc per 100000, you all folow their lead. You are letting yourselves be convinced that your product is worthless, but wait and see in a month, they will sell you your coins at current docs prices or higher. it's your loss anyway, this is a community of open ideas, try yours, i'll work with mine. Sound mnd, sound decisions, RESOUNDING profits.

Hanzi Big Vern, who is big vern to value your product? So what if the man has pools? are all his pools free? NO! everyone wants to profit and pay the bills. Once you realise tz a dog eat cat world, you'll be more canine.
barwizi (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 08:51:55 PM

I'm calling BS on this. Big Vern is probably one of the largest supporters of ALT coins with a large number of pools and an exchange. There are too many coins for this community to support them all. It's not Cryptsy's fault and is actually a nice exchange.

This ^^ if i charge you 3% of everything you mine, you and a thousand other people, i would never need to mine again. Let alone when i have an exchange. The buy orders are bogus, and to prove a point, once my btc gets confirmed, i'm going to help rob people blind today.
limbaugh
Legendary

Activity: 1311

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 08:56:40 PM

This ^^ if i charge you 3% of everything you mine, you and a thousand other people, i would never need to mine again. Let alone when i have an exchange. The buy orders are bogus, and to prove a point, once my btc gets confirmed, i'm going to help rob people blind today.

You don't know what the heck you are talking about. All of his pools are donation driven - that's a 0% fee if you didn't understand.
relm9

Activity: 840

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 08:59:47 PM

Plus running a pool is not a cakewalk. Sure it's easy to set one up but with the way pools get DDoSed here upkeep and mitigation is costly. If you think pool ops are raking in the $$$$ you are wrong, maybe a few big ones are like BTCGuild but it took them years to get there.
Rannasha

Activity: 728

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 09:00:17 PM

You argue that Cryptsy is setup to make alt-coins fail by devaluing them. But it's run by someone who runs a ton of alt-coin pools. Where's the benefit?

Big Vern stands to gain by successful alt-coins. That means more people mining, more profit from pools (even though it's donation-only), higher trade-values and volumes from successful coins on the exchange will net higher fees. Everything is set up in such a way that Big Vern benefits from strong alt-coins. So why would his exchange be set up to make them fail?
barwizi (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 09:01:39 PM

You don't know what the heck you are talking about. All of his pools are donation driven - that's a 0% fee if you didn't understand.

please open the transaction history on any of the websites you mine on, you'll fid that even if you specify 0% donation and the pool is free, deductions are still made. get your ducks in a row man.
barwizi (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 09:02:38 PM

You argue that Cryptsy is setup to make alt-coins fail by devaluing them. But it's run by someone who runs a ton of alt-coin pools. Where's the benefit?

Big Vern stands to gain by successful alt-coins. That means more people mining, more profit from pools (even though it's donation-only), higher trade-values and volumes from successful coins on the exchange will net higher fees. Everything is set up in such a way that Big Vern benefits from strong alt-coins. So why would his exchange be set up to make them fail?

the hand that feeds can also be the hand that punishes
fran2k

Activity: 784

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2013, 09:06:11 PM

Let's face it. We don't like Cryptsy because make us to Dump to soon.

If you're really worried DDoS them. Or we can collect bounties so they don't put the coin into the exchange.
JesstersDead

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

I forgot where I put my wallet.dat

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2013, 09:08:15 PM

The market dictated the value of the coins. Vern simply instituted the mechanism for trading said coins. All the coins added since launch were due to petitioning by miners and/or coin developers and supporters. During beta there wasn't a single coin on the exchange that he didn't have a pool for. A free pool mind you. Of course bag holders are going to be upset when their coin-of-the-week gets massively devalued, penny stock holders probably feel the same way when their investments fall through. The market is decided by... the market. And as stated earlier, if a coin has merit it will survive. Of course, it's always easy to find fault when you look hard enough.

Cryptsy.com - USD markets coming soon. Go validate your account now!
barwizi (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 09:08:22 PM

Let's face it. We don't like Cryptsy because make us to Dump to soon.

If you're really worried DDoS them. Or we can collect bounties so they don't put the coin into the exchange.

true, ddos huh?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: