Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 12:23:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Can someone do me an awsome favor dev or not dev?  (Read 491 times)
Xenland (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1003

I'm not just any shaman, I'm a Sha256man

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 10:19:30 PM

Can you run this program?
Its a printer scheduler that will print documents accordingly the following is the link for windows users downloads (only tested on Windows 7)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ex3053iuxzrg7be/v0_0_14.zip

if you want to see the source code go here (made with QT Tools)
https://github.com/Xenland/printershaman

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Xenland (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 10:23:37 PM

screenshots
Notes: its still has some "visual" kinks to work out but the timming and printer ease of use and useability should be solid Smiley

QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 10:37:43 PM

It's not detecting my printer. Also, it's not accepting a file location typed in. I only have one Win7 machine at home but I will try it again at work tomorrow and see if I have the same problem.

Xenland (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 11:13:33 PM
Last edit: May 25, 2013, 01:32:04 AM by Xenland

It's not detecting my printer. Also, it's not accepting a file location typed in. I only have one Win7 machine at home but I will try it again at work tomorrow and see if I have the same problem.

For files you might have to do c:/file path or file://c:/ filepath

What does the dropdown say? Blank?

Appended edit:
it was originally designed to print the weather from a weather website so for websites you to http://
i can't honestly say i've tested it for local files yet.
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

View Profile
May 25, 2013, 03:10:57 AM

Only win7 machine I have is a laptop (sorry I'm a Linux guy). The laptop didn't work because I didn't have the network printer set for the laptop because its a work computer. Once I configured the laptop for the network and set the home printer as default the dropdown box worked (found the printer). I was able to set the path using c:/file path. I set a time for a scheduled print and it worked beautifully. So well, in fact, that with your permission I will continue to use it.

Xenland (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 25, 2013, 05:07:12 AM

Only win7 machine I have is a laptop (sorry I'm a Linux guy). The laptop didn't work because I didn't have the network printer set for the laptop because its a work computer. Once I configured the laptop for the network and set the home printer as default the dropdown box worked (found the printer). I was able to set the path using c:/file path. I set a time for a scheduled print and it worked beautifully. So well, in fact, that with your permission I will continue to use it.

yeah defiantly I'm glad you like it! Enjoy it while you can, and by that I mean i plan to perfect the GUI system better and sell the binaries and keep it opensource AGPL so devs can run it for free/helpdevelop/etc and clients can pay to help continue support Smiley

And I'm also a Linux dev, i produced windows binaries because that was the original target system when the idea arose, so with that in mind i will deploy with linux binaries Smiley in the mean time you could download qt creator and then compile/run your self Smiley
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

View Profile
May 25, 2013, 05:52:15 AM

yeah defiantly I'm glad you like it! Enjoy it while you can, and by that I mean i plan to perfect the GUI system better and sell the binaries and keep it opensource AGPL so devs can run it for free/helpdevelop/etc and clients can pay to help continue support Smiley

And I'm also a Linux dev, i produced windows binaries because that was the original target system when the idea arose, so with that in mind i will deploy with linux binaries Smiley in the mean time you could download qt creator and then compile/run your self Smiley

When you finish your polishing job you're sure to have a winner. I have a 24 foot four winns that I take out fishing and I download the days fishing profile and the NOAA report for the day before I head out. You just gave me a way to automate that so I have more time to prep to go in the morning. Many thanks. Let me know when you have the finished product available.  Smiley

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: