Bitcoin Forum
August 18, 2024, 02:21:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: OmiseGO Unicorn  (Read 553 times)
arbiterh2 (OP)

Activity: 171
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2017, 05:40:59 AM

OmiseGO and Qtum both recently became the first ERC20 tokens to pass the $1,000,000,000 mark based on the total value of coins that have been distributed.

These coins were released three months ago, with OmiseGO initially raising $25,000,000 and Qtum initially raising $15,600,000.

What caused these coins to raise in value so quickly?
  • Are the teams extraordinary?
  • Have they met really important milestones?
  • Did they announce partnerships that make them very likely to succeed?
  • Record setting Super Mario 64 speed run?
  • Other things?

I'm doing research and trying to understand.
Delicat

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 06:06:13 AM

OMG has already formed partnership with merchandiser. The largest one should be Thailand Mcdonalds. The team has already in the industry since 2013 and received supports from venture capitalist and advisors (ETH founders). Not sure about QTUM so can't comment.
SCPH-10000

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 06:59:06 PM

Right now, crypto is not really used in the daily life of most people.
OmiseGo has the potential to be the very first technology to change this and become the PayPal of the blockchain world.
There are no other technologies in sight which are capable of doing this.

The most valuable asset of OmiseGo is it's promise to deliver a white-label payment solution for paying customers.
This means corporations like Starbucks can rename it to "Starbucks Pay" and the average consumer won't even notice he uses blockchain technology while paying.
Big corporations will offer OMG payments beginning in Asia and eventually in western countries, to profit of its cheaper processing fees, faster transactions (+ refunds!) and lower maintenance costs (no terminals), while minimizing risk of fraud and mainframe downtimes by Vista/MasterCard. Some Asian countries where the application of bank accounts is afflicted with numerous barriers, OMG could be adopted very fast.

And there is another possible feature: FacePay.
If OmiseGo will really be the technology behind this, you can expect worldwide adoption and big marketing.

Why did OMG rise so fast?
-> Backing by Vitalik
-> Announcement of partnerships in Q4 and app launch
-> Rumors of partnering with McDonald's Thailand
-> Supporting Plasma network
-> POS/Airdrops

Two good resources:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7ZDMEjuzpVVQm1RTDBvNFF2Y1k/view

https://www.reddit.com/r/ethtrader/comments/6nldxs/why_i_have_decided_to_invest_in_omisego_omg_now/
sylance

Activity: 392
Merit: 102

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 07:00:30 PM

OMG has already formed partnership with merchandiser. The largest one should be Thailand Mcdonalds. The team has already in the industry since 2013 and received supports from venture capitalist and advisors (ETH founders). Not sure about QTUM so can't comment.

For me, this is a huge deal that many new ICO's lack.  For instance, I bought into the Basic Attention Token (BAT) hype and bought about .2BTC worth.  It's been a few months and beyond the Brave browser I don't see any partnerships or developments.  OMG launched and within several weeks they were able to announce a partnership that can prove it's value and capabilities.

**I might add that getting OMG listed in Bitfinex probably helped since it's such a high volume exchange with few coins.

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: